Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I only got a taste of the SNES Harvest Moon growing up, but played some of the 64 version before playing it on GBC and pouring a few weeks of my childhood into it.

The GBC version is okay, but lacks a lot of the involved holidays / romance / inventory of later iterations and similar games. If you want it for GBC graphics, have at it, but more recent Harvest Moons will probably provide deeper satisfaction/obsession.

Also, I'd like to reiterate that Game Boy Goemon is a pile of poo poo and harmed my love of the series. You have been warned!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

According to this it looks like the levels have been lengthened and the bosses made more complex??

Scrooge 3:16 says this game will buy and sell our asses. All hail the Monopolizer!

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Spiffster posted:

Also if you CAN buy a disc, I don't understand why you wouldn't. Disks don't eat up limited hard drive space and look so drat good on the shelf. :3:

Nintendo offers 10% back in eShop credit for Deluxe owners, plus downloads are tax-free and devoid of the potential risks/inconveniences of physical stores.

...having said that, I'd also like to be able to bring my games to a friend's house or lend them out. Opportunity costs!

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Villains have taken over the eShop!
Cute promo, but I hope some sales come of this. Or is Liquidator running the show?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Mysterious Castle Murasame is way too much hardcore fun for just $5, I'ma shill in here for some top-tier 1986.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Hyrule Warriors acknowledges that I've purchased and installed the DLC, but I don't see a hint of the new characters/equipment anywhere, on any menu. Do I have to unlock this stuff through playing more or what?
vvv Okay, found the clog. The game said it had prepared/installed a DLC update, but it needed to download and install another update too. vvv

Space Fish fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Oct 17, 2014

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Oh, Ubisoft. They advertised Tetris Ultimate as being $10 cheaper on the eShop than retail, then charge retail anyway. Price currently sitting at $30, when they'd blogged otherwise.

e: Fixed! Now $20 on the US eShop

Space Fish fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Nov 12, 2014

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I watched the trailer for Harvest Moon 3 (GBC) and it seemed to seriously undersell the gameplay, except they went for a semi-creepy joke at the end that made the trailer confounding but worth it.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Someone snagged the other code, too.
(It wasn't me)

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Medium Cool posted:

enjoy monster hunter

A06WVQFM0GM2E312
A071BNM62B17TGTA
A071424S2DMN60A0

All three are taken

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

My 3DS has two internet connections saved, yet it remembers the wifi for the hotel I'm staying at.
How many connections does a 3DS really save? Or is this a corporate fringe benefit?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

JustJeff88 posted:

I do. I enjoy the game, which is pretty "NES hard." There is one aspect, however, that deserves special mention which I will demonstrate using the typed form of an enraged cry of bitter agony:

:argh: :argh: :argh: loving EGGPLANT WIZZZZAAAAARD!!!!! :argh: :argh: :argh:

The 3D Classics version of Kid Icarus tweaks the controls and jump mechanics so that it's actually playable. The game only frustrates when it's supposed to! (see above)

I went from never getting past the first dungeon in the NES version (neither as a kid or an adult) to beating the whole game over a couple of sessions.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Tetris Ultimate?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Cliff posted:

Citizens of Earth looks like a bad Earthbound clone. Is it?

I bought the game yesterday for 3DS and it comes off like a well-designed RPGmaker game. The game was patched back in April, so lots of bugs have been cleared out, but my hangup is that it still feels in need of optimization. The screen clips a tiny bit as you walk across the map, and the load screens are like a faster version of the original Resident Evil. Dialog is fully voice acted, but I turned off the voice audio and have been enjoying reading everything. Small issues aside, the challenge level is fair, especially if you wander from the story's rails or outright increase the game's difficulty for greater EXP and loot (or the reverse!). I'm in the area beyond the first city so far, and the first city is highly reminiscent of Earthbound, right down to police roadblocks in your way, bakery goods used as healing items, use of a ruler in combat, and having to clear a bunch of local baddies from the area by beating a man in a red suit. The Suikoden-esque ability to recruit just about everyone you meet (always via sidequests) is pretty cool, and the humor goes a long way toward making the play mechanics palatable, I just need to see the story grow into something eventually.

For $5? I'm satisfied.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Mario Maker does have an endless stream of levels but most of them are really bad, so if you do want to get it you'll want to check the thread here or other communities where people post and share non-terrible levels.

In addition to this, look up the in-game profiles of level designers you like and check out what they've starred. Each level's end screen also comes with "You may also like..." suggestions based on fav-ing patterns, those tend to be 50/50 for me.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

If I loved Assassin's Creed 2 (just 2) and couldn't stand 3, should I splurge $10 on 4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

homeless snail posted:

My understanding at least is with the deluxe pack that's on sale right now you probably wouldn't ever have to buy a toy because it just includes most of them in digital form.

As someone who played through the regular digital edition and had a blast with it, I highly recommend getting the deluxe digital, especially now that it's on sale. The three extra weapons&pilots locked behind that tier offer several interesting abilities that I kinda wish I was able to use the first time around.

Also, I beat the main story of Celeste in two days (~6 hours) and it was ah-mazing! Highly recommended. I don't have much patience for brutal difficulty in games, and Celeste is very accomodating with its quick respawn, tight controls, and level design that often offers juuuust enough slack so that nothing feels punishing.