Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

ASK ME WHAT MAKES ME THINK I'M SO FUNKY

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

^^I think next week's schedule is already out, too, I might post it later. 3DS is getting Clu Clu Land and another Kunio-Kun game, I remember that much.

Also, more Picross. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

Anyway, some interesting JP releases in the next week or two, including Picross e4 for 3DS and Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen (SFC) for WU VC. I'd love to find out how Square-Enix decides which games to release on VC... it takes 'em forever just to release the FF games, and Dragon Quest hasn't ever appeared on the VC at all, but you better believe they're gonna release the hell out of Ogre Battle.

Yeah, sorry, I'm willing to accept partial blame for this. I've been filling out practically every Virtual Console game survey on Club Nintendo with "WHERE'S MY GODDAMN OGRE BATTLE".

Now I'm going to have to fill out my Ogre Battle survey with "WHERE'S MY GODDAMN OGRE BATTLE 64" instead.

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

Hey, don't apologise, it just baffles me that they're so consistent about re-releasing these games when they aren't doing anything with the franchise and it wasn't even theirs to begin with.

So many good licenses just ended up in the wrong place. I'm gonna start demanding Quintet games next!

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

In a weird twist, it looks like Nintendo will be putting out NOTHING for the Japanese Wii U Virtual Console next week. I think this might be the first week since launching where they don't plan to put anything out.

Pretty strange-- they've been pretty good about maintaining a decent combination of volume and variety every single week until now. Going from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, Final Fight and Mega Man 7 this week to nothing to next week is a bit of a jump.

The 3DS VC hasn't been updated since, like, May or something, so maybe I shouldn't even be surprised.

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

Crawfish posted:

I'd think it was a sign of an incoming Direct too, but at the same time i've heard America is getting stuff this week, so it's likely Nintendo being Nintendo.

Man it would be great if they'd actually put up stuff in the $0-20 bracket I want to buy. It's been forever since I last got anything off the eShop.

Japan isn't getting anything this week, either. The Wii U Virtual Console site completely skips this week and has already listed what comes out on the 20th, for example.

I would like to cross my fingers and believe this means we're getting a surprise Nintendo 64 VC announcement real soon.

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

Doug Dinsdale posted:

Japan's not likely getting anything this week because it's the height of the traditional obon summer holidays.
The country's largely shut down, workwise.

i totally forgot about this because it's work as always for me

working for the government sux :saddowns:

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

Neither of you know how good you've got it. The Japanese promotion was by far the worst-- you can pick two games (from a list of six) that you can download and play as much as you want for one whole month! After that month is up, you then have the privilege of purchasing the game at something like a 30% discount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

Civil posted:

Anyone in glorious Nippon? I bought a Japanese pro controller and have no use for the club nintendo code.

WUPA RSWA 9EC8 US9Q EFST

Hope someone can use it.

I claimed this! Thank you, Civil!