Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lizzyinthesky
Mar 24, 2010

Take drugs! Kill a bear!
I just got my 3DS and went into the eShop expecting I might buy stuff. I struggled with spending $20 on stuff I wanted. Ended up with Liberation Maiden and Dr Mario (which I wasn't aware was just a straight ROM of a GBA version, sigh). Why no SNES games? This literally makes no sense in any form of thinking. More downlodable DS/3DS games would be nice too. Preferrably not at full $40 retails prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lizzyinthesky
Mar 24, 2010

Take drugs! Kill a bear!

punchdaily posted:

And no SNES games makes sense in a way: If they flooded the eShop with SNES games, some people would buy those and nothing else. It's irritating but it's a pretty strong reason. I probably wouldn't have grabbed Mighty Switch Force or Pushmo if I could have just had Tetris Attack and Super Mario RPG instead, but I would have been missing out in both cases.

That is a pretty awful reason. Because people like SNES games they shouldn't have SNES games? gently caress that noise.

lizzyinthesky
Mar 24, 2010

Take drugs! Kill a bear!
I am unsure how having more content people want to buy could hurt them. The current virtual console selection is HELLA WEAK. The idea that selling these classics would cannibalize all their other sales is just completely nuts. As is I'm not really buying much of anything on the eShop because there isn't a lot I do want, beside the 2-3 full priced retail games they've half-heartedly tossed on there. Even Sony who are incompetent at about everything else has most of their PSP library available to Vita and it hasn't hurt them (the lack of new games is killing them but that's an entire other thing).

lizzyinthesky fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Nov 29, 2012

lizzyinthesky
Mar 24, 2010

Take drugs! Kill a bear!
Beating my face against screen repeatedly. 13 cents shy of Aeroporter in my wallet. Just about ready to return this thing to the store just based on sheer Nintendo incompetence. No I do not want to spend $10 to get 13 cents more in my wallet.

lizzyinthesky
Mar 24, 2010

Take drugs! Kill a bear!

absolutely anything posted:

If you go to buy it it'll have a button that says "Add Remainder" or something like that that lets you just add what you need.

Oh thank god. Would still prefer a custom thing in Add Wallet though. This works.