Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Is there a list of all the virtual console games and download-only titles somewhere? I didn't see one in the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Discount Viscount posted:

http://www.nintendolife.com/3ds-eshop/games

I don't know if they've actually covered them *all* but they're close, the most on-top-of-it of any site I know, and the list has a lot of useful filters.
Having looked at that site, is there an actual reason why all the NES/GB games seem go to the 3DS and the SNES/GBA games to the Wii U? It seems strangely arbitrary.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

So what’s a Virtual Console title worth without a sleep mode, save states, customisable controls, a digital manual and possibly even multiplayer?
That just sounds like playing a GBA game on a DS Lite :shrug:.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Mercury Crusader posted:

Yeah, for a company that keeps re-releasing their Genesis games constantly on several platforms and occasionally on several different compilations/bundles, you'd think Sega would just go ahead and put their Genesis stuff on the Wii U already.
I wish they'd at least make a 3d version of Ecco: Tides of Time to match the 3d version of the first game already in the 3DS eshop, because Tides of Time is by far the better game.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

They don't release DS games digitally on 3DS.
I still think "hey, let's not release games on a system that can literally play those games in physical form" is the dumbest goddamn thing.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

MorgaineDax posted:

I still don't understand what Geno's whole face area is.
I thought he was some sort of robot birdman for the longest time.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Mr. Fortitude posted:

3DS wouldn't emulate GBA games at an acceptable level for Nintendo. Even the ambassador games are spotty. New 3DS probably could do it just fine, but I doubt Nintendo would want to segregate e-shops for that.
I can't imagine they'd be any worse than they were on the DS/Lite, where the only real problem was that they didn't go dormant when the system was closed.

Also there's no excuse for not being able to play digital DS games on a system that literally can play DS games by default.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

:smithicide:

JetpackHowwy posted:

What am I looking at? Do you have blow through the mic to play this?
Yes. And accurately too.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

.TakaM posted:

You can get some of the best genesis games on 3DS and in stereoscopic 3D
They never released a 3D version of Ecco: Tides of Time :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Looper posted:

It's not the length, it's the poorly paced and constant backtracking and grind heavy job system
The 3DS version did a lot to fix those things (as well as evening out the awful difficulty curve).