Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Guys at Wayforward just kinda like kinda-weird anime-ish girls, it seems. Just look at Shantae.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Barry Convex posted:

This looks great, but even with the effort that's clearly been put into it and the nostalgia attached, $15 seems a lot to ask in 2013 for a single-player game with only around half an hour of actual gameplay content. YMMV, of course.

From what we've seen of the game, the levels are actually going to be much bigger, also there are more of them. So it's probably going to have significantly more game content.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So is it safe to apply that update now?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The new Ace Attorney game Dual Destinies has been announced for an eShop-exclusive release in the US and Europe this fall.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Mega Man X (SNES)

I can't wait for the Miiverse to prove Sequelitis wrong about how the intro stage teaches even a blithering idiot the mechanics of the game without spelling them out.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sarchasm posted:

You haven't been paying attention.

I played the demo ("Demo A" I guess) last night, and I kind of like the juggling mechanic, but not enough to play through it twice and try to beat that demon lady. Am I intended to wipe on that map or am I just terrible?

I'm terrible at strategy games and I never had any trouble with the demo and I've been having a decent enough time with the full game. So I guess it's you.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

If you have solos and supports, use them at the same time as one of your normal attacks. If you have two or more attacks hitting at once, you'll lock the enemy at their current height, which is insanely useful.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I want the Prince of All Cosmos as a support. Do this thing for me. Maybe also some Jet Set Radio, I don't know.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wait what? Aw, but I was excited for it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Is there at least a demo available so I can try it out?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

There's costume DLC for Ace Attorney? :psyduck:
That's the most unnecessary thing to make so you can charge people for it and the Capcom thing ever.

e: Like seriously that's dumber than horse armor.

It's free for the first few weeks of release.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I would probably say that permanent price drops on retail games wouldn't happen just because the brick and mortar dealers wouldn't like it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

BKPR posted:

If I were to buy one of the Game Gear Sonic games, what'd be my best option?

Don't.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wayforward actually does make some decent licensed games, including an Aliens game which is considered better than Colonial Marines.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ace Attorney 5's Pursuit theme is one of the best in the series. It's like, second or third.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

The eShop usually ends up being surprisingly fast for these retail downloads on release night. HOWEVER as others have said, this is probably the single biggest release it's ever had to handle. At the very least you should probably plan to have it download over night and then if it's faster you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Bulbapedia tweeted that download times of an hour to and hour and a half were reported.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's not a first-party or high-profile release, so no. It should come out when the eShop usually updates, which I think is about noon EST.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And they've confirmed that the West is still getting the reward for the quiz, which is the pink sweater.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen, Miiverse is now on 3DS.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Region locking would be your problem, yes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I like how one of the new Wii U commercials deals with the problem of people sill thinking it's just the Wii because of its awful name.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Cyra posted:

Is Project X Zone or Cave Story worth it at those prices?

Your enjoyment of PxZ is directly proportional to your tolerance for anime.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also another reminder to not buy Myst on 3DS.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

DarkHamsterlord posted:

"Also, Smash Bros is delayed to 2015. Please understand."

The entirety of Super Mario Bros 3 is a stage in Smash Bros.

The entire game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I want goons a plenty posting their Mii QR codes when this game comes out. I want to lord over Goon Island.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Cerepol posted:

Goddamn it Nintendo why publish NFBC only in EU, it's already in English let me give you my money!

Yes, let's sell a soccer game in the US, that's a good idea.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Please don't buy Project X Zone.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Suspicious Cook posted:

If you want to buy Project X Zone, just download the demo(s) to quash that desire.

Yes, the demo is super fun but it is also 30 minutes long. It does not remain as fun after several hours.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Davincie posted:

For some reason I've been thinking project x zone was a vocaloid game the whole time.

Project X Zone is a game where Frank West and Hsien-ko can team up with Heihachi to fight the aliens from Space Channel 5.

It's still a tedious borefest.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

Dante & Demitri team up and you can get support from Japanese John McClane and that game still found a way to bore the hell out of me. Why is it so hard to make a good game out of the things I love?

Japanese John McClane is literally voiced by Japanese John McClane too. Like, the dude that dubbed Die Hard.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I can't stress how much awesome poo poo PXZ seems to have while still being so boring.

Ryu's ultimate attack is a shoryuken cancelled into a Metsu Hadoken. He literally does a cancel.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Suspicious Cook posted:

Not to mention all the great and nostalgic music in the game. They even brought back Zero's theme from MegaMan X.

And the game is still dull as dishwater once you strip away all the flashing colors the cool looking combos the characters do without your input. :smith:

Gotta sing along to that Sakura Wars theme. HA~SHI~RE~

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hey Europe, looks like you're getting Shin Megami Tensei IV as an eShop exclusive.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't think there's even an EU date for Shovel Knight so it evens out

I thought we were even after the successful trade of SMT4 for PLvPW.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hey One Piece, thanks for not telling me you were eShop exclusive. Now I gotta wait til I'm back at school to get you.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Should have been a crossover between the three Kickstarter Heroes: Mighty No. 9, Shovel Knight, and Shantae.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

greatn posted:

There's a Smash Bros update on the eShop available now, Nintendo recommends downloading it in advance, probably to give their servers a break tonight.

I've pre-added money to my account, just gonna log in at exactly 11pm central and hope the download finishes by morning.

You're gonna need this update to play online, fyi. So it's really in your best interest to get it now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Bayonetta 2 demo is pretty good. It's still Bayonetta. The demo consists of the prologue, which is one fight sequence and two bosses. I haven't tried it with the touch controls yet, but the buttons are still good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I'd like to remind people that #lolo is officially the new #yolo https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/467099616165777408

Nintendo's staff is in every way the lame uncles of the video game industry and I loving love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Its a sequel to Pirate's Curse isn't it?

Kinda, but it's more just the start of a new storyline that you don't have to play the first three games to enjoy.