Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Plasbad posted:

So Conception 2, I've heard it's bad and I kind of know the deal with it, but is it fun enough if you like less-than-amazing RPGs? It just looks like it might be an interesting enough game. Or I may just get P&DZ since I don't have a phone that can play it.

Conception 2 is fun enough if you like outright bad RPGs. It is markedly better than games that do not run well, have no characters, or no personality. It is a weirder, even more anime Persona dungeon crawl that you can mostly run through on auto-battle, defeating the purpose of having an interesting battle system at all. Some of the characters and writing are mildly interesting though the premise is weird as gently caress to begin with. I didn't hate my time with this game, but nearly anything else you find yourself wanting to play will be a better use of your time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I love a game you can break wide open, but not when we're talking THAT close to the beginning

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

-Tobidase! Nyanko Daisensou (3DS), out now, 719yen. No idea what this is but I'm guessing it's a cellphone port.

I guess this'll be a 3DS game based on The Battle Cats http://bc01.ponos.net/web/en/battlecats.html

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

deadwing posted:

if anyone else likes this bad game, they're giving you 100 free diamonds to take the update

Japan: 32831175
Europe: 71104779
US: 48213190

Sweet, I ran through my entire allotment ages ago :f5:

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Turbinosamente posted:

So, whats the goon opinion on Weapon Shop de Omasse? It's been out forever, yes, but I've never been sure if its worth bothering with.

Like most Level 5 games it can be a little tedious in the gameplay department but it's absolutely oozing with charm & I don't think you can go wrong if you like charming kitschy shop games. It is also, for example, a much more fun experience than full-priced Hometown Story.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

quote:

psyscrolr (Wii U eShop) - $1.99 until February 25

Please don't buy psyscrolr, the dev abandoned their other kickstarter game in favor of it & hasn't made an update or responded to inquiries in nearly a year

also it looks terrible

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Yokai Watch is pretty good

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Patter Song posted:

Is...is that an entire game that's just the character creation screen of an RPG?

It's a shop management/fashion coordination puzzle RPG type thing. The DS one is pretty good, the second on 3DS is better, sure wish the third one was in NA

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Actually before I do, does anyone have any impressions of Story of Seasons? I like Harvest Moon, but I already have Rune Factory 4 and I haven't started it yet. I know they're different games, but they're similar enough for me to be wary about setting myself up to have to play through both given their scope.

RF4 scope is way bigger and honestly is my favorite game of all time, with everything including the kitchen sink thrown in. Story of Seasons is a fairly average HM with average characters and much more limited character development. SoS is alright but if you're choosing between the two of them there's no contest, unless you hate fighting/anime/fun

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Little Mac posted:

Hey, I know this is comparing apples to oranges, but I got a birthday coupon for select games on the eShop.

Soooooo... Xenoblade X or Wooly World?

I'd say Xenoblade but with the caveat that the meat of the game is in the exploration and sidequests, not the main plot.

I think they're both great though!

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

snoremac posted:

Do the sidequests have more to them than the original? They were pretty crappy I thought. I wouldn't have done them if not for the ease of fast travelling and the fact that you didn't have to return to quest givers to complete the quest.

Most of them are story-based quests though there are still "collect 5 bear rear end" missions which you can generally ignore. I haven't finished the original but in X there are a lot of quests that tie into ongoing storylines, recruitment of different races to your city, unlocking skills for your party members, etc. Fast traveling is even easier & in general it's a ton easier to find people. The thing about the main story is that it's more like Act 1 of a 3-act structure so it doesn't resolve much of anything, but there are lots of fun, cool, dark, etc. sidequest storylines and things to explore, collect, & dress up with. It's much more of an open-world game than a traditional linear RPG. You can finish the main story in around 50-60h, I got about 200 out of the game so far

Yakiniku Teishoku fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jul 30, 2016

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Patter Song posted:

The one at the water treatment plant nearly gave me nightmares.

I did a lot of sidequests in that game. Most of the "plot" of XCX is tied up in worldbuilding and discovering things about NLA and Mira in general, and is tied up in the sidequests. If you don't do them, the game is extremely flat, but there's actually a very lively story hidden in the sidequests. I finished the game with 48% completion and have no desire to go back to it, but I feel like I had a much better experience than I would have if I had finished it with 20% completion.

Yeah, pretty much. The other thing that definitely enhanced my enjoyment of it was seeing how many high level or out of the way places I could get to before getting my robot. You can get surprisingly far sneaking and running & fast travel means it doesn't matter too much when you get owned. & of course there's tons of neat landmarks, secret areas, etc. I think I got to around 89% but haven't gotten/made all the superweapons or killed the superbosses. Plenty to do.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Silver Falcon posted:

What are you implying? The Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games are legit good.

I like the ranger games too, personally

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Oh man, Disney Magical World 2 is finally coming out, I'm hype

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
why would anyone play FOMT when-

ok you get the point

they're all slightly different though and IMO all good

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
both xenoblade games are good and fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles X is fantastic, but you need to go into it knowing the main story is a real steaming turd while the real fun is the dozens of well-written sidequests focusing on the New LA townsfolk and the various alien species integrating into the population.

this is true, the main story is like the first 1/3 of a story. also I love the music but it's true the sound mixing for cutscenes is incredibly weird, I just always play with subtitles anyway