Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/29/segas-3d-space-harrier-remake-is-flying-to-australia

Australia is getting 3D Space Harrier soon. Presumably that means it will hit the rest of the world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Bought F-Zero X with my Club Nintendo coins after being told about it. The framerate tends to dip occasionally and the textures are way off in some parts (like the tunnel in Sand Ocean 1) but it doesn't keep it from being fun. Hopefully if it gets ported to Wii U they can fix those problems (wishful thinking but I also would love to see them put the expansion kit in there too)

Pretty sure the promotion for it ends this week so if you don't have it and have 200 coins you're willing to spend you should go for it.

Zeether fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jul 1, 2013

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I really hope all those games make it here eventually. Is Nintendo/Sega just going to dump them all on us in waves like with the Game Gear stuff?

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

http://blogs.sega.com/2013/07/18/sega-3d-classic-series-coming-to-nintendo-3ds/

Sega US blog just confirmed the 3D Classics games are making it here. :dance:

Also, I got Friday Monsters and...I really kind of like it, I'm not sure why. The visuals remind me of a Ghibli film or Ni no Kuni and I like walking around and finding the glims. It's probably not for everyone though. My only complaint is the screen changes get disorienting.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

TheHoosier posted:

I'm excited by Ecco the Dolphin and Shinobi III on that list. It'll be interesting to see where else they go with this 3D Classic concept if the first crop does well.
3D After Burner II needs to happen. All the scaler games would transition well, really. I'd love to see them put something relatively unknown like Power Drift or Enduro Racer on there. Thunder Blade would look amazing too, because the stages alternate between behind the back and top down views with tons of depth and just imagining that in 3D is making me giddy with excitement :allears:

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Just announced at the Nintendo Direct today: Summer Carnival '92 Recca is coming to the US eShop. It's probably one of the most technically amazing games for the Famicom in that it manages to pull off swarms of enemies and bullets with almost no slowdown and some exceptionally trippy background effects.

There's only 4 stages, but you can unlock Hard mode with a code which has 7 stages. The last stage has a boss rush and I think it's best I link a video of it to show off just how insane the game gets (warning, lots of seizure inducing flashes): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDW4SDvuxw0

Zeether fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 7, 2013

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Are we ever getting the rest of the Sega 3D Classics games here or is there one more lined up in Japan? I really want 3D Outrun and I heard that apparently the sales weren't too good outside Japan for the first "wave" which makes me think we're screwed :(

e: Outrun came out this month so maybe we have to wait a bit, I dunno. It was like 3 months or so before a rating showed up the last time.

Zeether fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The first game still isn't out in PAL-land but whatever, Inti Creates has annoinced Gunvolt 2!

http://inticreates.com/azure-striker-gunvolt-2/
I hope they don't half-rear end the translation this time like they did for the original. The reasoning behind cutting the dialogue out still baffles me.