Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hamie96
Oct 25, 2011

A wise man once said, "Leave me alone, I'm sleeping."

atholbrose posted:

I bought them both. Only really played Witch's Cat. The game has the most brutal tutorial-to-actual-puzzle difficulty spike I've ever seen. I was just kind of rolling along, and then 2-2 whapped me across the face. Took me a zillion retries to build the stairs to the exit right, and I'm not sure I could do it again. On 2-3, I've solved the puzzle to open the door, but I can't figure out how I'm supposed to get to it to finish the level. On the other hand, writing this made me want to go and try it again, and I solved it. Now I've retried the next level about thirty times. Again, the base puzzle is easy enough to do but I'm stuck trying to do it in a way that lets me get to the exit...

I kinda wonder if it'd be any easier if I'd played any Rabi Laby...

Bloody Vampire, at least at the beginning, is like a Metroidvania with the attack mechanism from Ys 1 -- you run into things to attack them, take damage if they are stronger or if someone runs into you. There are obviously bits of the levels you can't get to until you upgrade your travel powers. I forgot to save at the first save point (duh) and then died. Didn't want to sit through the opening cutscenes again, so didn't restart.

I've been meaning to check out Witch's Cat, but the way you describe it, it seems I'll be throwing my 3DS out the window by the second level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU