Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
How does eSHOP work in terms of sales? Do they appear when the store updates like on PSN?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

gently caress eshop and gently caress NoE. Added some funds with my cc to get After Burner and Out Run, no problems there. Now when I'm trying to buy FE Awakening it says the card details were not put in correctly. I can see the sum being charged on my bank account (thrice now) but it still doesn't work. Never had such problems with either Steam or PSN.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

So the new FE is basically $80 with only the first map pack being another
$20? What the gently caress is up with that pricing? When did Nintendo turn into Activision?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

75% on everything except Persona Q which got 50%. Great stuff, hope the rest of the Atlus titles get a similar price drop.

Is EOU worth it by the way?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Is Soul Hackers fun to play? Does it have a good story? I loved P4G and liked SMTIV even though I didn't get very far in the latter.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

irlZaphod posted:

Also weirdly when you go to the icon for the sale on the eShop, the info on the top screen shows Devil Survivor 2 instead of Soul Hackers. When you actually tap on the icon it's Soul Hackers which is on sale, though.

Noticed that, too. afaik there are four more NIS-distributed Atlus titles in the EU: Devil Survivor 2, Etrian Odyssey U2, Stella Glow and The Legend of Legacy. There's no way these won't be discounted next week or later.

Speaking of which I've been checking out demos for these games. Stella Glow seems pretty bad. Like a slower and easier FFT clone with the worst anime tropes imaginable.

I kinda dig TLOL on the other hand. Story is minimal, combat is fun and fast and holy poo poo that music. No half naked singing witches and you can play as a frogman.

Am I wrong about these? Would these be worth it if they get discounted?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Legend of Legacy is actually the worse of those, unless you enjoy levelling and getting new skills being completely random.

I mean I played one SaGa game years ago, don't remember which one exactly, and liked it so it's not a problem. Will think about Stella Glow if it hits 10EUR though.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

BattleMaster posted:

Of course, the real standouts out of all of those sales are the Etrian games. If you are or think you could be into dungeon crawlers and you don't have those games yet, GET THEM (or just get EO4 if you only can or only want to get one.)

Already got them. Still hoping for EOU2 to be discounted which would be hilarious and awesome as the game came out only a few months ago in EU. Same for Stella Glow and Legend of Legacy.

BattleMaster posted:

The demo is incredibly terrible

Certainly seemed that way. Maybe not incredibly terrible but underwhelming.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Out of the 6 new rewards 4 are Pilotwings for SNES. And they run until September. Thanks Nintendo.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

I like it too but it would be really cool if at least one of those was a Pilotwings Resort discount.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

greatn posted:

How if that possible? There's only 3 possible versions

Two are 50% off coupons for wiiu and 3ds and the other two are the game itself for like 60 gold points. Nintendo doesn't do crossbuy so

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

In Training posted:

Seem like killer rewards

The PAL territories didn't get any of these. We got two lovely Picross E games though!

Also I wanted to get Tropical Freeze with the discount because I think I'll get a used wiiu next year when it's cheaper but nope. The games are apparently tied to the hardware, can't buy stuff and just tie it to your Nintendo account. This is loving medieval, transferring the games between hardware in countries where there is no Nintendo phoneline (like mine) must be really fun.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

"Why do companies must do what other companies do?"

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

elf help book posted:

gently caress Europe.

Make America great again

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Also both Xenoblade rewards are now gone from EU Mynintendo. No new ones in their place because gently caress you

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

elf help book posted:

I got Wario Land 3 and Mario 64.

US got those at least. In EU we got four variants of Pilotwings and Mario Land 2. That's pretty much it. MN is a joke.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

MN rewards are so weak because Nintendo are punishing people for using freeshop :tinfoil:

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Alxprit posted:

It's SOMETHING, at least.

nintendoonline.txt

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

I didn't know Korg was doing a Switch thing, I think the 3DS ones they did were supposed to be pretty decent

Both korg emulators were so good that some bands used 3DSes during their shows:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNU9SG_Llew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

It's published by Nicalis so I'd wait and see on that one.