Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.

The Machine posted:

I wonder if the shovelware stuff on the eShop sells well for the publishers. Some of it just looks so terrible.

Robot Rescue 3D is uhhhh okay I guess.

Should I be buying Denpa 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yo NA dudes, nhere are your Club Nintendo digital rewards for this month:

Bonsai Barber was by some ex-Rare dudes, and I remember Nintendo pimped it a bit when it came out, but I don't really remember whether it was actually any good.

Number Battle ("Sujin Taisen: Number Battle" outside of NA) was developed by the now-defunct Mitchell Corp for Nintendo, and from what I recall it was pretty good. I think it even has online multiplayer, too, not that it'll matter for much longer.

Is there a UK equivalent to Club Nintendo digital rewards?

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Babby Sathanas posted:

No way, GBA games were £25 typically and between £20 and £25 from places like ASDA.

I paid something like £29.99 for Sonic Battle used.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

VC-Price Chat:

I loved picking up SMB1&2 for £1.79 in the recent sales. That's a good sweet spot for me on games that old. I just wish they did some sort of regular weekly featured sale at that price-point.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

If MegaMan Battle Network 3 is the one that has a Blue Moon edition I had a lot of fun with that when I was younger. Except for this bullshit bit in what I think is the final area where you have to activate switches in the right order under a time limit. I think I was underlevelled too, which probably didn't help. As a kid I would skip a lot of fights in most RPGs. I blame Skies of Arcadia.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

JordanKai posted:

Haha nope that's Battle Network 4 which is considered to be the worst game in the series by most people.

It was the first one I played and I loved it. :shepicide:

It's the only one I've played! The only way to go is up!

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Louisgod posted:

They also named the DS Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, which can either be a reference to the fact that the 3DS takes SD cards in the SD card slot, or if you turn it around it's Dragon Shadow, which maybe refers to Developers System, and if you take Fire Emblem and mix the letters around it spells Rib Elf Em Me, which may be a hint as to what Nintendo will name their next console?? Makes you think.....

Everyone had better have imagined this like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D97gwGlMFE

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

The same happened to me with Sonic Riders on the GameCube because I'm an idiot.

Not even a good game.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Pokemon TCG for GBC was the best game based on a TCG I'd played when it came out, and it still is. Walking about in the gyms, collecting badges for a purpose, just tonnes better than others I've played.

Definitely picking this up from the VC and I suppose now I'll never need to dig out my GBC again.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

Yeah nobody believed he originally took it from me.

Where did his mum think it came from?

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Am I missing something or do Amazon UK seriously not stock eshop gift cards?

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

I just noticed that in the Smash Bros sale the NES titles are more expensive on 3DS than on Wii U. £2.24 as opposed to £1.74. I'm not really sure how that makes any sense at all.

I prefer to buy them on the Wii U anyway.

(But really they should be cross buy anyway.) :words:

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Healbot posted:

Both Oracle games are also going on offer this week.

You say that like Link's Awakening DX, Link to the Past and Minish Cap aren't also also incredible games.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Medabots Rokusho (GBA, Wii U VC)

I've wanted to play that game since I was a kid.

Wonder why we're only getting one of the two versions, though I guess, like Pokémon, there's not much difference.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Since Metroid Prime 3 it's hard to go back to the clunky chains of standard FPS gamepad control.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

I'm playing Seasons first. Did I do it wrong?

I kind of like the overworld puzzles using the season changing.

But this hasn't got a patch on Link's Awakening (DX), honestly.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Yes.

Also if you play Seasons second you can get the Master sword and Biggoron's Sword, very helpful for the stronger foes.

The most powerful item is Save States.

Honestly they've really allowed me to enjoy older games I just don't have the time to replay over and over. Finally beating Mega Mans is fun.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Just a Euro thing. loving Europe gets all the awesome deals.

10% off their full price digital price still makes it significantly more expensive than my physical pre order.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Rirse posted:

Just note there are some goons in SA Mart who still have extra Pikmin 3 codes for $25. Buy that AND get Donkey Kong Countrys Returns!

Am I right in thinking these codes are region specific?

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Where's my Medabots GBA game?

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

PneumonicBook posted:

I'm definitely going to buy Demon's Crest, and I want to get Gargoyle's Quest 2 but I'm not sure if I want it on Wii U or 3DS. Just going to take this opportunity to say once again that it's dumb that Nintendo doesn't have cross buy.

I don't remember people complaining when they had to buy Chuck Rock at full price for both Mega Drive and Game Gear. Typical entitled modern gamers.

(it's a joke)

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Here are the NA sales not mentioned on the PR:

3DS

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team – $27.99 (was $39.99)
Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon – $27.99 (was $39.99)
Wario Land 2 – $3.49 (was $4.99)
Wario Land 3 – $3.49 (was $4.99)
Metroid II-Return of Samus – $2.79 (was $3.99)

Wii U

The Wonderful 101 – $20.99 (was $29.99)
Wii Party U – $27.99 (was $39.99)
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga – $5.99 (was $7.99)
Wario Land 4 – $5.59 (was $7.99)
Metroid Fusion – $5.59 (was $7.99)

I'm in the EU and I have basically been waiting on a Wario Land sale for forever :(

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

PAL dudes, Game Boy Tetris and Tetris 3DS will be removed from the eShop on December 31.

Any word on why?

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Discount Viscount posted:

http://www.nintendolife.com/3ds-eshop/games

I don't know if they've actually covered them *all* but they're close, the most on-top-of-it of any site I know, and the list has a lot of useful filters.

Gives Sonic Drift 2 and 8/10 and Sonic Labyrinth a 4/10? That site clearly cannot be trusted.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

If anyone in the EU wants to win Rune Factory 4 or an eShop voucher then they should check on the competition we're running on the website I work for in conjunction with Marvelous: http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/rune-factory-4-monster-veg-competition/

Basically make a monster out of fruit and veg.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Finally I can play Angry Birds: Star Wars without needing to change discs.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

Angry Birds Star Wars is really 40 Euros/30 Pounds? Because that sounds ridiculously expensive. I mean even Wal-Mart and Toys R Us are showing a 20 dollar price tag for the US.

I've seen it in UK retail shops for about that price.

It's insanity -- but I guess people must be buying it to make it worth selling for that price?!

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

ireladd posted:

Hey guys,

Persona Q is the first RPG I've really played since Chrono Trigger, and I was surprised by how much I liked it. I see all these Atlus games listed on sale at the eShop and I'm wondering if there's an opinion on which of the below I should dive into next? Or even which of the Devil Survivors and Etrian Odysseys is the best?

Thanks for any input!

SMTIV for $15 is a goddamn steal.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Crawfish posted:

111 pounds is a little steep for SMTIV in my opinion.

Stop whining and buy it. I shelled out £200 new.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Joining the "I'd have gotten it if it was half off for the first week again" club. I don't have much interest in buying it until they put it on offer some time. Guess that's just the kind of guy I am.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

I mentioned it in the amiibo thread but it's worth mentioning here, too - from the NCL investors' briefing;

This isn't meant to signify anything about the VC, it's just a value-add for individual Amiibos.

I hate that Trial gameplay of super old games poo poo. You know they've gotta put the whole game in there anyway.

From Sonic Gems Collection to Super Smash Bros. it just seems kind of cheap.

You're old games aren't that crazy amazing -- just put 'em in or don't. At least make it so it's like "a level".

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Is the Boss Pack covered in the Hyrule Warriors Season Pass?

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Nice, I half expected to have to pay extra for it.

Not really a fan of when Season Passes don't mean "all the DLC" (I can forgive costume packs I guess) - which seems to be happening lately.

Nintendo DLC is good DLC.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

jivjov posted:

But they'll list out how many content packs you're getting, etc. I literally never seen a season pass that just gives a non specific "and some future stuff" listing.

Maybe they don't all itemize it out to the degree Hyrule Warriors did, but they'll at least say "3 content packs" or "2 DLC campaigns" or something.

I'm aware they usually do this, but even if they let you know that doesn't mean I have to like it. The value of a season pass as I perceive it is in some part the convenience of a one time fee without having to hassle about buying all the individual stuff.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

3D Classics sales? Don't mind if I do.

Probably going to pass up on AA Trilogy because I have already played them, but that's a great price otherwise.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

It will be Uplay but with Nintendo.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

So in the EU Stars Catalogue you can redeem download games now?

http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/?locale=en_GB

Looks like there are even the 3DS GBA ambassador games in there?!

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

I only got 3 or so pages deep before it stopped loading. I'll probably check back later.

Not sure how they compare to the NA coins sytem. They seem kinda pricey. But I've got about 6k furrowed away after picking up the TLoZ:LBW OST so I should be good for a couple.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

I need to work out a combination of EU game downloads that will leave me with the least amount of stars remaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

How many Star Coins would I get if I bought NES Remix 2? Is it the standard 250 or a little lower?

e: side question, would the 3D SEGA games or Mighty Switch Force get me any surveys?