Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
OoT for 20 quid? :getin:

Ah, wait a minute..do you get Club Nintendo Stars when you buy a game digitally? Probably not, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

If your 3DS eShop is connected to your club nintendo account, which it should be.

Excellent, it is indeed. Thanks a lot.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Kurtofan posted:

Holy poo poo MMX finally.

This.

I wonder if we're gonna get the other X games as well at some point.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Ooh, that Monster Hunter sale is tempting. Wasn't a big fan of the demo though.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

irlZaphod posted:

Soul Hackers is new to EU, right?

Yes.

Also: what the gently caress EA, 50€ for Fifa. Doesn't that make it the most expensive game on the system?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
The gyroscope controls are also pretty drat sweet.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
70€ for AssCreed? gently caress off, Ubisoft.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Shelf Adventure posted:

It may be that in a fair bit of Europe (including Germany where I think noe is based) the 6th is a public holiday. Epiphany and all that. They may not be back to work until tomorrow.

The 6th isn't a public holiday in the part of Germany where NoE is located.

Sooo I guess we're not getting anything this week.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

A particularly empty release schedule usually indicates they're gonna spring something on us via Nintendo Direct, so there's still hope.

Do you reckon we'll get a Direct this week?
So far we've consistently been getting one every month and we haven't had one in January yet.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Help Im Alive posted:

I think South Korea got one this month but I don't know what it was about

True, but I was talking about the rest of the world. South Korea has been getting Directs sort of irregularly, whereas "we" get them every month.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Spiffster posted:

Yep, Just PAL... With every passing day Nintendo confuses the hell out of me with it's release decisions. :psyduck:

Not really?
A staggered release makes sense given that the whole reason it got delayed is because the servers couldn't handle the load the first time around.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I'm guessing the DS Virtual Console on Wii U launches today.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Katana Gomai posted:

Are you sure the sale is now, because Layton X Wright comes out March 28th, not February. It wouldn't make sense for them to discount it now if they are doing it "until the 27th, the release of the crossover game." Unless the sale goes from now until March 27th, I guess.

I guess they want people to buy the two games now so that they'll have time to play through them until the crossover game comes out in a month.
Makes sense to me.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Monkey Fracas posted:

Wait, is the GBA hardware really still basically built into the 3DS?

It isn't.

People need to understand that just because the DS had a GBA cartridge slot doesn't mean the 3DS can easily emulate the GBA as a whole.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

uPen posted:

But would you really want to play those games on a WiiU?

I would. Why not?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
That's a pretty amazing EU eShop week. I'll definitely buy Nintendo Pocket Football Club and check out the Mario Golf & Etrian Odyssey demos. Maybe I'll buy Golden Sun as well.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Both versions of Mega Man Battle Network 3 (GBA) have been OFLC-rated for Wii U. Why 3?

:getin:

Probably my favorite GBA game.

By the way, people: get the Blue version if you're buying the game.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

MinibarMatchman posted:

no poo poo but do we really need to read the same old boring loving arguments in two different threads, you big baby

It gives people more opportunities to poo poo on Nintendo, so of course.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

jivjov posted:

I fail to see how "No GBA releases this week" in any way equals "Nintendo has dropped support of the GBA Virtual Console". Is this just people being whiny and/or paranoid? Or has there been some manner of announcement saying that nothing else is coming?

Yep.

Several more GBA games have already been (re)rated, so we know they're coming.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

The game had a ton of hype and then when it released there was nothing. Radio silence. I guess I assumed it wasn't very good? v:shobon:v I'll look into it!

It's an absolutely astonishing, unique, fun, challenging and all-around great game.

It can be a bit tough to get into it, but it's loving worth it.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

PAL update (week of July 10):

Is the date on the Inazuma Eleven sale wrong or something? It costs 17,99€ in the eShop at the moment.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Well, that blows the EU sale out of the water.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Who the gently caress cares, Smash is out this week, no other game matters.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Beef Waifu posted:

It won't go on sale for a couple of months probably.

Atlus games never go on sale in Europe.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

The digital versions of Zelda/Monhun will come with free themes, too, but they didn't specify which or for how long.

I wonder if that will apply to the copy of MM that comes pre-installed on the limited edition New 3DS.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

PoshAlligator posted:

So in the EU Stars Catalogue you can redeem download games now?

http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/?locale=en_GB

Looks like there are even the 3DS GBA ambassador games in there?!

Apparently they were mislabeled and they're just the Wii U VC versions after all.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I wonder if they'll add more physical rewards in the future or if those digital games are basically the last hurrah.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

PAL update (week of March 26):

Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends June 30.

Wait, what? I thought Club Nintendo is closing down on September 30th. Are those digital rewards really being removed in June?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

(I don't know why the GBP prices aren't listed this week but it ain't my fault!)

It's a bank holiday in the UK today, so Nintendo's UK office isn't sending our any PR mails today.

Or at least I didn't get any.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

wall monitor posted:

I'm not alone in thinking Yoshi Island DS was kinda lackluster, right?

It's obviously not as good as the original, but it's not a bad game. You could do a lot worse at that price if you wanna play a 2D platformer.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Pretty awesome week.

Gonna have to wait a week or two on Paper Jam Bros since money is tight at the moment - not that I'd have a whole lot of time to play due to Xenoblade. Also gonna check out Pokemon Picross.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh god I'm going to have both Xenoblade X and Paper Jam to play on Friday :supaburn:

I'm waiting a week or two to get Paper Jam. I wanna fully focus on Xenoblade - starting two lengthy RPGs on the same day doesn't sound like a good idea.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Scroll down to the bottom of the site and click on the block in the bottom right to get 10 free Platinum Points.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

irlZaphod posted:

Huh I tried that and I don't think it gave me points, it just took me to the top of the page.

You need to do while you're on the home page (not currently viewing the rewards or missions).

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

LoveBoatCaptain posted:

I'm thinking of getting one of the Fire Emblem games that are on sale in Europe this week. Which one would you recommend to someone who's only played Awakening?

Both of the GBA games are great - Sacred Stones is a bit easier though since it features potentially unlimited experience points.. Just don't buy Shadow Dragon, it sucks.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Ineffiable posted:

Is ace attorney 6 that historical one Ora new one?

The new one.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

irlZaphod posted:

Fire Emblem!

Birthright is the path which is more like Awakening, right? And Conquest is more like the older games?

Correct.

I got my Special Edition preordered :dance: According to the shop I ordered it at, it's getting released on Thursday, though that's probably an error on their part. I'd love to get it a day early, but if I do get it on Friday that gives me one day to play the Hyrule Warriors DLC at least.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Lemon-Lime posted:

Is there a cap to the maximum number of silver points you can have on MyNintendo?

I don't think there is, or at least no one has reached it yet.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Terminally Bored posted:

So the new FE is basically $80 with only the first map pack being another
$20? What the gently caress is up with that pricing? When did Nintendo turn into Activision?

No. Each route is one full game. If you buy all routes, you basically get three games for the price of two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
The general Fire Emblem thread is mostly spoiler-free, so you can ask questions like that there. It's where us European FE fans have been suffering together for the last couple of months.