Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
I am also completely onboard the Pocket Jockey train. I've played through the demo three or four times now and cannot wait for my new favorite time waster to be up for sale. That said, I also hope that it's a little more forgiving in the actual game or that you're meant to be hit or miss in races early on in the game once you're off of "First Ride." Maybe having the actual training function will help things along with raising your horse up right for the races.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Having had that amiibo M vs DK game for about a month now, I feel that is really does require you have a lot of amiibo (specifically Mario themed ones) to get the most out of it. You collect character tiles and unlock character themed side paths as you go through the game that ultimately opens up additional star levels at the end, but only with the main Mario/DK crew which sucks if you're someone that mostly just has your favorite Smash characters or something. If you just have something like a Charizard you get some generic robot that can't collect tiles and can't unlock paths or star levels, which blows. I guess Nintendo couldn't be bothered to spend a few extra hours throwing together some assets for the game to push sales for their toys. :v: My Duck Hunt and Little Mac remain useful only in my heart. That said, if you're like me and know someone with a huge collection of the things just borrow a couple every week and have a blast.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Just like the 3DS eshop, the Wii-shop never got Duck Hunt for some reason. I can only hope that the NX will finally give me what I want...

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

No WiiU for me. :( But it figures they'd finally put it on the one console I did skip buying. I'll keep my fingers crossed for NX!

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Takoluka posted:

You should buy a Wii U. It's good.

But the NX will be here so soon~ Maybe I'll get one anyway though. The new Star Fox looks fun and I've never played Twilight Princess, so I'd probably get my money's worth in decent games through the rest of the year. More so if their next console turns out to be backwards compatible with the WiiU.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

I'm trying it. Will report back when my identity has been stolen.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Nice, I've never even heard of the site. Worked like a charm though, 30% off.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

I snagged Gunman Clive. Thanks!

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

So NA isn't getting Super Punch-Out for the Nu3DS VC? What a bummer. I was looking forward to playing Medium Mac again.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

I really dislike My Nintendo's month (?) long turnaround on switching out the games they are offering. While I could understand an extension on offerings for the first month, hopefully they will switch to bi-weekly if they are going to stick with expiring coins. Also, I hope they stop with the useless Miitomo poo poo and give me more stupid 3DS themes or something instead. Hell, I'd take free plays on the badge arcade over Miitomo.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Well, good to know I can go back to completely ignoring Nintendo's ridiculous "reward" program. I'll never understand why they find it so difficult to give decent discounts on 3+ year old games.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

^I think that the horse breeding aspect of the game has just been a bit undersold by the demo. I usually get the "you and your horse are basically fine, the other horses are just too strong" type message more than not with first gen horses. But the new one I bred today has won 8/13 races so far compared to my usual 3/13 or the like sans items.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Japan

also confirmed they'll be getting

Super Street Fighter 2.

I... I need this back in my life.
I need it.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

US dudes, here's another "$10 eShop card for $7" promo, ends in ~14 hours: https://mobile.pcgamesupply.com/special-promotion/

I guess this ended early. I'm positive it was supposed to still be running right now after checking last night. Should've just ordered then instead of going to bed.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

I really hope NA gets those SFIV and Nano Assault discounts this week. I didn't have the money while that bundle was going on, but drat if I haven't been thinking of those two ever since. I wonder why Nintendo will exclude certain sales from different regions like they do at times.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

Because the different regions are run separately. Also Sony does it too so it's not like it's just Nintendo.

Well that clears a lot up. :downs: I don't own any other consoles and mostly stick to Steam, so I wasn't trying to single out Nintendo or anything, I had just never really given it much thought. Suddenly things like different colored special editions, etc make a lot more sense now. Thanks!

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

I've spent a few dollars on some favorite badges that seemed impossible to get in a single free play, but That's pretty rare. I'm sure I'll drop a few of those Monster Hunter ones come out with Generations, but that's about it. On the other hand, I've got a friend who has blown a ton of money collecting every Zelda badge and whatnot.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Capcom has a Spring Sale going on in the eshop. Maybe nothing thrill worthy for the majority, but a nice surprise for those of us who missed SFIV in the Humble Bundle: http://nintendoinquirer.com/blog/2016/05/31/capcom-spring-sale-live-north-america/

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Japan got ... Super Street Fighter 2 ... on the New 3DS VC today.
I need this in my life. Any idea on what the average lag between seeing these in the US had been?

Also yeah, My Nintendo can't even manage to cycle itself out monthly or offer better deals than you can generally find on Amazon so what's the point? Tbh I'd be happier if they'd let me use the coins for the theme shop or badge arcade at this point.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Underwhelming compared to the amazing list of games Japan got. But here's hoping E3 sale pulls it together with some games worth buying.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

My big wish would be a download play option for physical carts.
If I have room on my SD card, let me download the game to play on the go.

There's little reason for me to carry around a cart for Art Academy but I'd love to just have it available.

This would be amazing. I've already purchased the game, what would the issue be?

Spigs posted:

Is there any kind of announced schedule for which SNES games are coming to the N3DS? Or is it just wait and see each week?

Also, this is a great question if anyone happens to have any info. I just need to know if I'll ever see SFII again. :(

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

You could resell the cartridge while keeping the digital version, and Nintendo's only answer would have to be a per-copy unique key system that lets Nintendo remotely deactivate your digital copies when someone else activates the physical copy on their account, which a) would cost a ton of money to implement and b) would obviously be terrible for consumers.

Aha... Yeah, I suppose so. Missing the obvious as usual. :v: I was thinking mostly of how much I love those bluray/digital packs they sell these days and how handy they are. I've never even considered selling the discs after redeeming the code, but I guess that's a whole other animal either way.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Glad all these coins are going to rot until Nintendo wipes them from existence.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

So what could the rationale be for points with an expiration date when the rewards are already so lackluster, wonder. I remember it being mentioned that Nintendo didn't want people to feel like they had to save points but... Isn't that the entire purpose of this type of system? Save points until you see something you want instead of spending it on whatever just because it's there? The only reason I ask is because I thought the expiration date only applied to platinum coins, but apparently gold will expire as well.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

The game comes out when I'm usually turning in to sleep, so it suits me just fine. I'm so excited that we have finally broken the MH game skip. Did any of you PAL people happen to see what the MH themes looked like? I can't find them around the web and need to know just how many to buy when they come out here.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

At long last, Street Fighter ll Turbo appears for the VC. I will be heartbroken if we don't get that in NA shop this week.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

greatn posted:

Doesn't NA already have it? They got like 5 versions of the drat game, I'm sure turbo is one.
The only thing we have on the 3DS eshop is Super Street Fighter IV. No versions of II for whatever reason.

Rirse posted:

If we are to get it, Capcom will probably post about it soon.
Got my eye on their Twitter. :v:

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

No NA Street Fighter. :negative:

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Does anyone know offhand if there will be anymore of those "Chase: Cold Case Investigations" games? I bought the one that came out this week on a whim and, while quick and easy, I enjoyed it enough. If it'll be a regular series of games, I won't bother trying to track down a copy of Hotel Dusk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Thanks for the info! I guess I'll pick up Hotel Dusk and hope Chase sells well enough, then. Those others too, as I hadn't even heard of them before. :)