Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Does anyone know if Crashmo looks better than Pushmo? I'm not complaining about Pushmo at all, but the gameplay footage I've seen of Crashmo makes it seem more polished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
It's not possible to gift games yet, right? As in, if a game is $7.99, the best way for me to buy it for someone is either give them a $10 eShop card or give them $7.99 through PayPal or Square?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

CJacobs posted:

Odd question (though it probably gets asked a lot around here): Just bought a New 3DS XL and dropped 40 bucks on Monster Hunter 4 U... but since I had to put in 50, I have $7.50 left over. Got any cheapo recommendations to throw my way? It's not like I can spend the money on anything else now. :v:

Attack of the Friday Monsters is 49 cent more.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Mortley posted:

Wait, you can always just choose to pay the exact price, right? You never "have to" put in $50.

If you have a credit card on your account, yeah.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I almost poo poo my pants thinking a Famicom was a reward.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Fremry posted:

When did they say that platinum rewards would be digital only? I don't care, because I would grab a game over some knick knack or soundtrack, but I didn't see a press release where they said digital only.

Nintendo posted:

2015 Elite Status

In order to reach Elite Status, you must earn 300 Coins (for Gold Status) or 600 Coins (for Platinum Status) between July 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015. Members who reach Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game from a wide selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles. Your free Elite Status gift will be available between April 1 and April 30, 2015. A list of the Elite Status 2015 gifts will be posted here once announced.

http://club2.nintendo.com/program-notice/

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Yeah, why would you not get Majora you drat fool

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

epsilon posted:

What do gold level members usually get, if anything? I barely squeeked in.

If there was a group of friends, you wouldn't get the loud, annoying one, but you'd get the one that doesn't do anal.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Fix posted:

Keep posting.

I probably will if there's new information to go off of, champ.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Very occasionally.

For what it's worth, they're prepping a "deluxe" update to add some actual content, but yeah, the release that's out there now is definitely a dud.

"Very occasionally."

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Yeah and Other M is actually an excellent game.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Monkey Fracas posted:

Speaking of the GBA Mario remake games, was there ever some ROMhack of the SMB3 one released that just tacked on all of the eReader levels?

It's a modified save, but yeah.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Just remake that one but fix all of those things.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Isn't Epic Yarn essentially a "beta" of Wholly World? Like, the development of Epic Yarn came from the idea and Wholly Word is the idea with more thought put into it?

Also, I wouldn't call ti a sequel or spiritual successor at all.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
You're wrong and that's okay.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Why are you so upset that you're wrong? It's okay to be wrong on the internet.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Xenomrph posted:

Yep, the particular GameStop I went to was unwilling to do a transfer in the store, because the manager was a douche I guess.

I did call Nintendo this morning and they put in a transfer request, and I got an email later on with some instructions to follow, but I won't be able to do much until I get home from work.

Unless they had wifi, you wouldn't be able to do it. It also takes hours to do and that alone can make some managers a bit anxious. Not that Gamestop managers can't be assholes, however.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

The Lobster posted:

That actually seems to be the only other option Nintendo has for cross-buy at the moment besides the MvsDK way of doing it (codes) as evidenced by the dev's statement about the "exploit."

"Before opting in to Nintendo's Buy One Get One Free initiative, the company made clear that we could do it one of two ways, and both were potentially open to exploitation beyond our control. Despite this, we're very happy with the cross-buy sales on Nintendo's platforms so far, and will be taking part in the initiative again where possible."

Anyway they have to be already linked; you can't link them after the fact and still get it one the 3DSes.

So buying OlliOlli doesn't do the whole "the 3DS download code is in the receipt" thing?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is there an exploit with the TIpping Stars thing? And is the dev saying Nintendo knew full well of the exploit and opted to not fix it, but warn him beforehand?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Sorry for quickly jumping to another topic, but are there any good 16-bit eShop games that aren't Shantae? I already have Pirate's Curse on my wishlist after I beat Risky's Revenge.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Discount Viscount posted:

The Mighty Switch Force games go on sale tomorrow.

Rad, I'll be able to grab all of those for under $10 and then the new Shantae for $15.

e: When does the sale go live? It says the 12th and that's *right frickin' now*

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Yeah, Nintendo isn't exactly equipped to be like Amazon when it comes to things like this.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
$5 is both Mighty Switch Forces

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Xenomrph posted:

Are those worth getting at that price, by the way? I dig platformers and I've enjoyed other Wayforward games a lot.

Yeah, they're pretty rad. They're more puzzle platformers than anything, and very short games. They're actually going for a total of $3 for both right now ($1.49 each) so even if you end up hating, no big loss.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
It's supposed to be a few days, but Nintendo also stopped giving out coins. Or they're in the processing of doing so.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
How much is Flip Champs?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
George Bush Nintendo of America doesn't care about black people Americans.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

njsykora posted:

Apparently this is part of their replacement for Club Nintendo, though no-one knows exactly how its going to work yet. Iwata was talking about it giving discounts on other games so maybe kind of a combination of classic Club Nintendo and the Wii U Digital Deluxe program?

It'll probably function the same overall, but work differently along the backend. I imagine codes will be killed off entirely, but I don't know how they'd combat the hypothetical borrowing of games unless games have a unique identifier in them.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

This is The Pokemon Company/Game Freak. Nintendo has very little involvement here aside from being lifelong exclusives outside of mobile.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

less laughter posted:

Nintendo outright owns the Pokémon Company.

The own The Pokemon Company the same way Google owns YouTube. They exist as separate factions.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

The Lobster posted:

"Pokemon Rumble World" is listed as multiplatform so it being one of the first games for this announcement makes sense. It could be Wii U/3DS or it could be a mobile game that is also available on PC. They are obviously going to launch with their IP that sell the most, and that's Mario and Pokemon.

And elf help book, I was just making conversation. I care because I'm genuinely excited about this move and I was wondering what people here thought about when it was likely to happen. Given the comments, I'm inclined to agree that we probably won't see more until E3, though that's still a bit of a ways off so there could possibly be a Nintendo Direct in the meantime that launches the first game.

Pokemon Rumble is a series so it could totally be a multi platform game given its name.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The Dreamcast theme has the disc grind sound lol

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

MinibarMatchman posted:

are you making GBS threads me, I need this now

It even has the lovely fan noise

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is there any way to somehow trade $5 Amazon for $5 eShop

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Are there any pics of the STEAM theme?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
When do the new titles etc go up? As in, when can I get the Code Name STEAM theme?

e: Oh, it's up now. It doesn't look all that great...

noirstronaut fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Mar 19, 2015

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Just buy a code for a like a dollar on ebay

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Agrias120 posted:

Paging noirstronaut who wouldn't shut the gently caress up about Smash being a Platinum reward.

This is funny because it was literally 3 posts within a whole discussion about it and it was over 30 pages ago.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

deadwing posted:

poo poo, guess I'm getting Yoshi new Island and submitting to the yoshi clan

This is like buying a gun when you wanna join the kick rear end kung fu club at school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Kaubocks posted:

except you can't tell new villagers to not build their house two feet in front of yours

You can if you make a new character the morning of the day someone is supposed to move in