Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Spacebump posted:

I miss the fun of reading the manual on the way home as a kid.

That was like the pre-game celebration. Mom's driving you back from the store, you pop open the game box, slip out the manual, and read up on all the great things you're going to do when you get home. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

An RPG where you have sex with somebody and your children fight monsters or something.

So Fire Emblem? :v:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Waffleman_ posted:

Please don't buy Project X Zone.

If you want to buy Project X Zone, just download the demo(s) to quash that desire.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Waffleman_ posted:

I can't stress how much awesome poo poo PXZ seems to have while still being so boring.

Ryu's ultimate attack is a shoryuken cancelled into a Metsu Hadoken. He literally does a cancel.

Not to mention all the great and nostalgic music in the game. They even brought back Zero's theme from MegaMan X.

And the game is still dull as dishwater once you strip away all the flashing colors the cool looking combos the characters do without your input. :smith:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Justin_Brett posted:

All the good games are Platinum only. :smith:

:smith::hf::smith:

I just had to settle for Wario Land 2. That was fun way back in the day.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

cbirdsong posted:

8 does lack a proper Battle Mode.

I'd forgive them for this if they released Bowser's pimp-mobile from 3D World as DLC.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

InspectorCarbonara posted:

After November it sure will be fun playing Mario Kart online and only ever racing against 11 Links.

Waluigi supremacy.

Basically I'll be doing this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-bZLFRjVCA

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
If there's someone out there who isn't aware, Kirby Super Star is the best Kirby game that isn't Triple Deluxe. Now's the time to get it if you haven't before.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Disregard: My T looked like a 7 and I'm illiterate.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
My KSS code is telling me the game isn't being distributed yet. The only other Club Nintendo reward I've ever redeemed was Wario Land 2 from the last gold/platinum rewards and I could snag it immediately. Is this a common thing?

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 8, 2014

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
$25, huh? Maybe it's time I finally saw what all the commotion about KI:U is about.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Played the first three levels of KI:U and it's super fun. I can feel it in my left wrist, though. I'll probably need to prop my 3DS up on something or I'll wind up with Sakurai hands.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I tended to play KI:U sitting crosslegged either in a chair or in bed, with a pillow in my lap and the 3DS sitting down on that with the bottom screen down flat. That worked for me the best.

That actually sounds pretty good. I'll give it a shot.

Question about the weapon fusing while I'm here. Can you continue fusing weapons you created with fusion to endlessly upgrade?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I really hope Tropic Freeze gets a discount next round but it'll probably just be the 3DS version of DKCR. :smith:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

elf help book posted:

This Nintendo Canada website page has previewed the entire sale and mentions Tropical Freeze.

http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/whatsnew/detail/MIleW7XhJNJBQ6Z0mwM-h8Pw-VyoNQm5

Oh, this is excellent news. I love spending money unexpectedly. :unsmith:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Discounted or not it's definitely worth getting. I think it's the best case in Dual Destinies and I'm not alone.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Tropical Freeze won't finish downloading before I have to go to work. This is going to be a long night. :negative:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Star Fox 64 is still one of the best games ever made but $30 should be the normal price for the remake, not the sale price.

So Tropical Freeze is cool and all (no pun intended) but geez, these loading times.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I could just imagine if the eShop had Steam Sale equivalents. :allears:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Kaubocks posted:

someone please convince me not to buy Bayonetta 1+2.

I'm sorry, but any good friend would do the complete opposite. Bayonetta 2 is game of the year. Getting the first one free along with it is just frosting on the top.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Here's two more codes for NA Monster Hunter 4:

A0717QVD2J3DNFKP

Snagged this one. Thank you!

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Slur posted:

In other news, Super Mario Galaxy 2 isn't the worst game I've ever played, but yet I can't understand the hype that was initially behind it, let alone why it holds a ridiculously high metascore. Can someone explain this to me?

Maybe it just isn't for you. I'm a human being that never got into Skyrim and doesn't like Dark Souls, but I understand that I'm the minority.

As for Galaxy 2, they turned Yoshi into a third person tongue shooter. It's awesome.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Stupid question that's probably been answered:

If I pick up the Wii version of Super Metroid with my points, can I play that with the Wii U's Wii mode or do I have to upgrade it to the Wii U version?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I'd assume platinum status will just give more rewards in April like it always has before.

All we know right now is that more things will be offered for points starting February. Guess I should start using those codes I had been saving after I hit platinum and hope they give us cool loot.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Stan Taylor posted:

Does prime trilogy net you any club Nintendo coins?

Speaking of Club Nintendo, do we know when the new rewards are being added? "February" could mean as early as tomorrow, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Especially when it's just going to be the original Metroid or something again.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Oh man, oh man, gonna get free games with all my coins.

Wait, Club Nintendo, why can't I stay logged in? Club Nintendo, please. I thought we were friends.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

duckfarts posted:

Do digital purchases no longer get coins? I'm 35 short of 800.... :smith:

They do. W101 will give me 60 to put me over 800 remaining when the site works again. I almost got to do the survey before it dumped me again.

EDIT: Or maybe not. I completed the survey but my coins didn't register. I'm assuming it's just continued jankiness with their server, but who can say?

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Feb 3, 2015

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Sakurazuka posted:

Want more Castlevania.

They really need to put Order of Ecclesia on the eShop. It was my favorite handheld Castlevania.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
DKC2 is one of my favorite platformers of all time. DKC3 played well but it felt like a step in a really weird direction, primarily because Kiddy Kong exists. I'd have probably liked it a lot more if it was just Diddy and Dixie or if we actually got to play as Donkey Kong himself again.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Zaa Boogie posted:

I thought Gold and Platinum rewards didn't cost coins. There was just a list you could pick one of by hitting that goal.

This is correct. G/P rewards are just a list and you pick one.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The trolling meme face is this generation's Calvin/Stewie Griffin peeing decal I guess.

I wonder if you can buy troll face peeing on a Chevy logo.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I've never played Animal Crossing and I'm unsure whether or not I'd get into it. Someone sell me on it.

For reference, the closest thing to a fake life simulator I ever really dug into was Harvest Moon for the GameBoy way back when. I fed those cows and chickens like my life depended on it.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

noirstronaut posted:

So should I get DK64 or no

Do you want Banjo Kazooie but not as good and with way more things to collect?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Shut up, Link. You shouldn't talk! :mad:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Zeeman posted:

I wish the DLC would ever go on sale (because I'm cheap)

Please buy the DLC. It's the best case in Dual Destinies.

I'm so glad those themes are finally making it to America. I want that pixel character theme so bad. :3:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Spiteski posted:

If I started with, and love Dual Destinies will Trilogy be a good idea, or is it likely to mar my view on Phoenix Wright?

Mechanically, the original trilogy isn't as good but the characters are a lot better and get more fleshed out over the span of three games. I'd honestly recommend playing them in chronological order but you can start with DD without worry.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Mario/Bowser/Geno

SMRPG doesn't need healers when a full heal revive is only 5 coins.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

This is what put him on his deathbed in the first place.

Samus, please come back to us. Things can be how they were. I believe.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Adam literally shot Samus in the back and she was okay with it.

Samus literally turned into a crying baby girl upon seeing Ridley.

I am not using a hyperbolic form of "literally".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Fusion understood that the most dangerous thing in Samus's galaxy was her, so that's why the main villain was herself.