Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The Soul Hackers port has voice acting, but whoever put it in the game made it really, really quiet compared to the stuff in IV. It's not very good, but if you want to hear it well maybe get some head-phones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Is Code of Princess any good?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Ouch. Guess I'll steer clear.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

uPen posted:

Have they figured out the hurdles to me playing SNES games on my 3DS yet? At this rate there will be a homebrew emulator out before they support it officially.

This. And they've already done it, too, as that ambassador bonus.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

univbee posted:

Those were GBA games. SNES hasn't been done at all on 3DS.

poo poo, really? Wow.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Mercury Crusader posted:

The amount of angry essay-long NeoGAF posts that will result from this will be worth it.

Can you imagine how much Super Mario Brothers 3 would have sold on a Sony console?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Seems like a Megaman Zero knockoff specifically, meaning I have no complaints.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Gotta give them credit for having the Doctor from Cave Story be the image for Indie Games.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

lelandjs posted:

Downloaded EO:U on a whim and enjoying it far more than the EOIV demo I played because of story mode. Still managed to walk into an F.O.E. and get my rear end handed to me pretty much right away, but it was a much better experience than being thrown into a completely blank slate. "Here! Create five characters and make sure to assign them complimentary roles despite having no idea what each role exactly does! Oh, and if you choose poorly and die you have to start again from the beginning of the dungeon floor motherfucker!".

I'm just not that into videogame sadism. Which I guess is why they made EO:U.

But the games always have five classes that translate into the standard vanilla RPG party. :confused:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

alf_pogs posted:

Is Castlevania 3 any good?

Probably one of the best NES platformers, and certainly one of the hardest.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Momomo posted:

I loved Boktai, but nobody else did. They tried to push it through Megaman, but it just didn't work out.

Well, when the first game you try that with is 4, you're already off to a bad start.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Champeenship posted:

Four 'Advance'-related trademarks have been registered by Nintendo in Japan. None of them have Wars in the title, sorry.

Any other series that use Advance in their name besides Wars?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Oh that game's coming out soon. First I've heard of it since it was on the Direct for what, thirty seconds?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I played the Kid Icarus on the Gameboy and didn't like it too much, how's the first one?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

OptimusShr posted:

The Gameboy Kid Icarus fixed most of the problems of the NES game so I would say that if you didn't like of Myths and Monsters stay away.

Well my main problem was I got to a maze level and didn't know where the hell to go.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
All the good games are Platinum only. :smith:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
No worries, hadn't registered a game yet.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Feb 2, 2015

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Are either of the Dillon games any good?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I bought Persona Q brand-new and I didn't get a code with it. Does anyone have a forty coin code they haven't used? I don't want to do the sketchy poo poo and get banned, and just one more would get me Gold with the post play surveys. I'd really appreciate it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Justin_Brett/ since I'm a poor gently caress without PMs.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I don't. Plus I also missed out on getting the post play ones for Rusty and the Submarine game.

...hm, I think if I do the post play for all the games I registered, that'll be enough for gold. False alarm I guess.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 10, 2015

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Oh gently caress, Live A Live music. Stop making me want to give you money for IPs you're never gonna do poo poo with again, Square.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Then Square might realize there's a market for DQ games over here, so no.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Chunky is basically Kiddy, but good

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Any chance of one of the Denpamen games being a Gold reward, you think? Never got around to buying one, and they came out in the same period as Harmoknight and Dillon's games, I think.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Is there any point to getting all the gold flowers in a world in Harmoknight? It was fine right up until the boss, where the game just goes 'yeah if you want to do that then eat poo poo and hope you don't miss ANYTHING'.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

I love that one of the related videos of Triple Deluxe's final boss music just to show how much a gap there is in effort.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

In Training posted:

I hope DQ11, Persona 5 and SMTxFE #Fates Forever or whatever it's called all sell a bajillion units so Altus is encouraged to make SMTV a really nice looking console game.

I thought SMTxFE would be that nice-looking console game, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

If you wanted anything much to do with either series then no, not really.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

homeless snail posted:

Its insanely great how much that game pisses little baby people off just by looking like a cool and good game.

I'm probably still going to buy it used or something, too, is the hosed up thing.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Spoderman posted:

How is SMT Soul Hackers? I like SMT IV and Persona 3, but when I played the original SMT on iOS I had a lot of trouble with the arcane mapping and navigation--would Soul Hackers be a good fit?

It's definitely more like the first couple games. First person perspective, demons don't level up, and fusion is pretty bare-bones.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Jarogue posted:

3D World 2 where Daisy and Wario are playable maybe.

Like Daisy is even in Wario's league.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Persona Q had an autocomplete thing but all it did was outline the walls. Not sure if Untold does more.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'm left-handed and don't really want to buy that attachment for one game, even if it's a good one. It's just been sitting there unplayed.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It's not all that hard. There's RNG yeah, but you can usually make it so you have the best odds possible once you're used to the mechanics, and you get a lot of helpful information, like move range, detailed information on what's likely to happen during an attack...

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I remember when they tried to sell episodes of stuff on loving GBA cartridges.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

In Training posted:

I wonder why that's the case but the 3DS can host ports/remakes of Wii games like Xenoblade and Donkey Kong. Even if somebody told me I wouldn't understand because I don't actually know enough about how that stuff works.

Nintendo hardware has never been the most logical thing.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Evil Eagle posted:

Mario and Luigi has yet to have Bowser as the main villain anyway, he's always been controlled by something else.

That's actually not true. He ends up as the main villain in Dream Team.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 22, 2016

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

irlZaphod posted:

Sticker Star 2 is not the Paper Mario we deserve, but the one we need right now.

Not even jokingly true.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Mar 29, 2016

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

deadwing posted:

I hate to tell people "they're playing it wrong" but I can't help but think a lot of people played Sticker Star wrong. Approach every battle like a puzzle. "How can I finish this in one turn". Use your good stickers. Use your things. You get money after the battle. You get more money if you do it in one turn. Use that money to buy more good stickers! If you're sitting on 8k coins and are using six normal jumps to finish an encounter because you want to "save" your good stickers, you're playing it wrong! All you have to spend money on is stickers! Use the drat stickers!!

Sticker Star is very good.

If you have 8k coins and a lot of good stickers why wouldn't you just run away, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'd like to use Paypal on Nintendo's shop someday myself.