Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

burger time posted:

Mystical Ninja starring Goemon is 1 player only, and it's not a weird spinoff.

Two PS1 games and the DS game were also one player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Goemon isn't a dead franchise! It's just taking a break... :negative:

He has had a game since Ebisu left Konimai to work at Good Feel.

Patter Song posted:

Maybe Konami will release the Goemon N64 games at some point?

(Haha of course they won't.)

Those games used controller paks and last time I remember controller paks don't work on VC

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

homeless snail posted:

What are you talking about? Goemon is still alive just look at him

The only thing good thing to to come out of both Slot games was the soundtracks that was remixed music from Legend of the Mystical Ninja, Ganbare Goemon 2, Mystical Ninja Starting Goemon and Goemon's Great Adventure.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

jivjov posted:

First, buy every single amiibo. Second, roll around naked in them and tape it. Third, send that tape to Reggie.

Then he flies out to your house and challenges you to Super Smash Brothers. If he defeats you, you get a job at Nintendo. If you beat him, you're stuck making posts on web forums.

How the hell did you lose to Reggie in Smash Bros?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

jivjov posted:

Read it again...I beat him, so he wouldn't hire me, but told me to post about Nintendo stuff on SomethingAwful.

No I read it correctly, you just post here to hide the shame that you lost to Reggie spread the good news of Nintendo to all goons.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Worth it

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

If they could get DK64 to run better then it do on the N64 even with the input lag I'm sure they can fix the Goemon to run. The problem is the fact if they want to spend the time to do it, along with getting the controller pak to work.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Has anybody played the GBA version of Alien Wars? I've played the SNES version a ton but didn't know there was a GBA remake.

If its like the GBA ver of Ganbare Goemon 1 & 2, not as good as the SNES ver but playable.

Also :

quote:

The designers made changes to many of the features of the original game. The mega bombs and the ability to wield two weapons were removed, but the player can now lock their character's aim like in Contra: Shattered Soldier (allowing the player to move anywhere while shooting at one direction) and is given a choice to revert to their previously held weapon when picking a new one. The top-view stages (Stage 2 and 5) from the original SNES game were replaced with two stages from Contra: Hard Corps (the Military Train and Big Battle stages)

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Nov 12, 2015

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The Rabbit and Rusty should be the host of the eShop

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

It's kinda cool that they did a 3D World style portrait for Daisy even though she'll probably never appear outside a spin off

3D World 2 where Daisy and Wario are playable maybe.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

And More posted:

Wait, Wild World is coming to Wii u, now? Why? That makes no sense.

Yeah how the hell are you going to unlock the last Nookington and Shampoodle. People who on the cart can still do that.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Spacebump posted:

I just saw they are going to charge $10 each for Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow on 3ds vs. That's ridiculous.

To be fair they did fix the game to work without a link cables. Some think that might have take a lot of effort to program and isn't in any other GB VC.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Always the Uncle never the Aunt.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here it is, the must-have eShop game of 2015:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI5xc8JCazI

I'm I looking a t a lovely kickstarter video?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

So what are the games that are going on the 50% of sell in the USA.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

All of those except Yumi's Odd Odyssey, looks like poo poo.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

jivjov posted:

I'm back! This is a hair out of date; I took this before I got Lottie and 3D printed stands for the other Game & Watch poses...but here's my reasonably-current collection in a slightly different configuration.

For shame, where is Famicom R.O.B, Skylander Bowsers and DKs

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

jivjov posted:

Famicom ROB I'll get eventually, just can't justify a duplicate of the same figure right now.

Said the man that has 6 Yoshis, 7 Marios and a Waluigi that reads as Mario, (if not Luigi or Wario)

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Why would you do Yoshi Topsy-Turvy over Warioware Twisted or KIrby Tilt N Tumble

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Dresh posted:

I picked up Devil's Third, and yes I knew exactly what I was getting into when I bought it. The multiplayer is fun, but they've got a lot of modes unavailable at the moment, and as a Mercenary I haven't been able to enter a Siege Match yet. I kinda want to start up a goon clan, but that would require people actually buying it.

I will buy it at some point.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Japan's getting SMB3 GBA on the Wii U VC next week... complete with eReader levels! M2's so much better than you!

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/titles/20010000008346

Last time I remember you couldn't fit all the levels on at one time so you have to rescan them if you wanted to play a level that was taken off the playable list. Also what of the P Switch Powers and the Super Mario World Cape, will they get a switch toggle on the menu screen? Also wonder if Pal will even get it since the never had the e-Reader.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Uh, yeah we did. They had cards and the e-Reader everywhere in Australia.

OK it said "This feature is normally absent in the European version of the game" and not all of Pal. Been a while since I read about the Mario 3 e-Reader Card

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

katkillad2 posted:

The map drawing stuff won't be for everyone, but I found it weirdly satisfying.

:yeah:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

What the hell is that spider waring.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

I did mean Story. Easy baby game but a decent challenge if you're going for just melons.

So many melon runs killed because I screwed up the mini game

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

greatn posted:

The ereader levels in Mario Advance 4 are so loving good. It's crazy these are the best 2d Mario levels since, well, super Mario World.

Yep its the reason I want out my way to buy the e reader cards for Mario Advance 4 a few years back. You would have to be crazy to not buy the VC ver of Mario Advance 4, well... unless you want to hunt down the cards that gave you the Cape Feather or the e-Switchs that gave the ability to throw Vegs and Luigi's Flutter Jump.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Finally

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

You have Rusty's Real Deal Baseball, what more do you need?

Rusty taking over the badge arcade.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

They're putting everyone who downloads it on a list, hopefully.

People who are more likely to buy Federation Force

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

Hell yeah you can get a Weekly Reward for signing into Miiverse and the eShop.

There is also free points next to your mii when you sign in to My Nintendo.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Mario Party DS was good and even had single cart download play but I don't see why you would get it on the Wii U VC since you can't do multiplayer with DS games.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

How much space is Xenoblade going to take?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

parasyte posted:

I thought hey, splatoon discount.

Then I realized I'd spend more getting the coins for the discount and buying a discounted splatoon than I would just buying the same games new at Best Buy.

This is really no different from other reward programs, like how Gamestop gives you free $15-20 prizes for spending $300+ Kroger gives you 10 ¢ off gas for every $100 you spend and Banks and their airline miles rewards credit cards.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I already have Shantae and the Pirate's Curse on Wii U, quote me or pm me if you want a free code for the 3DS or Wii U ver.

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 1, 2016

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Bonobos posted:

I'd gladly take it... Herrkora AT gmail Dot com

Did you ever get the email?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles was great game and is one of my favorite Castlevanias

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

You can always backflip to cancel out of a committed jump with Richter.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

JetpackHowwy posted:

What have you read? I have tried looking it up, but it's just criticisms about the game across all consoles or wrong/not working codes.

The game crashed and hard locked my Wii U after the intro stage.

edit: just tried to start MN9 again after getting the DLC and once I got to the tittle, Now the game tells me that I need to close it to download a update.

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 21, 2016

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Patter Song posted:

Why is the Earthbound Beginnings/Mother 1 icon so hideous?

Don't make fun of my boy, Ninten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Bloodstained Wii U is looking good.