Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Silver Falcon posted:

Oh goddrat it, Nintendo! I was afraid of this. I was all excited to maybe play some Fire Emblem! :argh:

Plus NA hasn't gotten either Smash character sale. What bullshit.

You're acting as if we don't get shafted on a regular basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

jivjov posted:

Oh again, I can completely understand a preference for physical; but to say digital games "aren't viable" is, in my opinion, completely ludicrous.

They aren't viable if you're buying them through Nintendo. Cracked your 3DS screen by accident? Oops, there goes all your digital purchases.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Seeing the Club Nintendo rewards of this month, I think I might pick up 1080 Snowboarding for myself. I haven't played the game in over a decade, and I'm wondering: does it still hold up well?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Well, I'm sitting on $10 of Nintendo money due to the digital deluxe promotion. I'm not sure what I'm going to use it for though; if there is a physical edition of a game, I will most certainly be obtaining it over the digital version when it comes to Nintendo. The eShop exclusive titles aren't all that great as of the moment (so far as I see it), and the games available on virtual consoles are ones that I've already obtained for their original systems (I still have no idea why Nintendo thought emulating GBA games on the Wii U was a good idea).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should spend this on? Is there a good eShop title I'm neglecting?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

As much as I love Battle Network 2, I still don't see the reason of selling games made for portable systems on a non-portable systems; it seems counter-intuitive, especially at the overwhelming price of $8/game. Even then, players will be missing out on probably the greatest aspect of those games altogether: multiplayer. I cannot tell you how much fun I had playing against my friends in Battle Network 3 when I was younger.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > NINTENDO eSHOP: The Monster Hunter 4 Demo Code Thread

In other news, Super Mario Galaxy 2 isn't the worst game I've ever played, but yet I can't understand the hype that was initially behind it, let alone why it holds a ridiculously high metascore. Can someone explain this to me?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Suspicious Cook posted:

Stupid question that's probably been answered:

If I pick up the Wii version of Super Metroid with my points, can I play that with the Wii U's Wii mode or do I have to upgrade it to the Wii U version?

You can play it in Wii mode. Problem is, you won't be able to use the gamepad with it.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

JustJeff88 posted:

I'm still a little confused about how this upgrading works. Forgive me for being thick, but how does the Wii U eShop know that you have the game on the Wii so that you can play $1.50 to play in full Wii U mode? Are all purchases by one player trackable and some way, letting the Wii U know that you have the Wii version and deserve the discount? I was under the impression that Wii and Wii U/3DS were basically in two separate universes.

If the game exists on your WiiU's Wii harddrive, the eShop will automatically recognize that and apply the discount appropriately.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Everyone should buy Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Fixed for you.

On another note, I forgot how much fun Punch Out Wii was. Why did I ever sell off my physical copy?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

MH4U Code (NA):

A0703HA82CQ4W1LL

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

I've been curious as hell about The Wonderful 101. I can't afford it due to coins anymore, but if it goes on a reasonable sale, I might pick it up. Can anyone tell me about the game?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

PAL update (week of February 26):

NA update (week of February 26):

Happy DK day, NA!

Take note of the sale, too - buying any of the new VC games gets you a discount on the new DKC games for Wii U/3DS.

Cybernator is way better than all those games, though, let's just make that clear.

I swore that DKC was taken off of the Wii VC due to it being Rare's property or something like that. What happened there?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

NickRoweFillea posted:

Huh. It hasn't shown up yet.

Patience, my friend.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

codenameFANGIO posted:

I feel like they've at least been semi-consistent with GBA stuff since they announced it but otherwise, yeah.

You mean our portable games which we can't play with our portable console?

Slur fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 27, 2015

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

I did not get a code for being a former Club Nintendo member.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

This week's JP Wii U VC releases: Final Fantasy 4 Advance (GBA), Pokemon Ranger (DS)

Next week's JP Wii U VC releases: Final Fantasy 5 Advance 9( GBA), Advance Wars Dual Strike (DS), Ai Cho Aniki (PCE CD)

They have the processing power with the N3DS now. I don't see why they don't just put the GBA library there now.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Szmitten posted:

Five Nights at Star Fox.

I kind of want to see this now, complete with Slippy rushing the doors and screaming in your face

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Katana Gomai posted:

Actually the Wii U didn't become good until they abandoned almost all of its lovely gimmicks and just used it as an HD console for Nintendo games with non-retarded control options

I like off-TV play as a gimmick.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Supercar Gautier posted:

I think that only makes sense if Nintendo is leapfrogging the standard PS4 and XBone power-wise, which I'm still kind of skeptical they'd do.

Personally, I think Sony would have tried this either way and Nintendo had no bearing.

They won't do that.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

I won't care about this console until a new Advance Wars is announced on it. Every other Nintendo franchise I no longer really care about.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Never played Rhythm Thief, but not much else in the bundle looks all that exciting really.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Rirse posted:

NA is getting Xenoblade tomorrow. :toot: No more paying 60 bucks for a used copy!

What I'm more excited about is the ability to play the game on the gamepad without the use of a classic controller or other Wii setup stuff.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Rirse posted:

So it does have that function? Because that would be perfect on Xenoblade. Still have my save from halfway into the game so I might have to resume from where I left off.

Yeah. The European version does have that function, so this version should too.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

I wish that they would add that function as a thing to the native wii discs and wii menu. Ah well.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Takoluka posted:

He should donate to charity. :(

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

NOA announced Fire Emblem Fates Map Pack 2: 6 paid maps + 1 free map, $10 season pass, begins May 5: http://fireemblemfates.nintendo.com/dlc/#mappack2

I honestly hope this isn't the last of the Fates DLC. There hasn't been anything remotely challenging or post-game-like in it so far.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

It's not the last, they haven't announced the festival maps yet :v:

The Festival Maps better put me against some level 99 poo poo with above-capped stats and be willing to wreck my face in.

I wanna -work- for those extra conversations, man!

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

katkillad2 posted:

I made $300-400 dollars selling my club Nintendo rewards on Ebay. This new loyalty program is poo poo.

Nintendo still seems to think a 30% discount is a sale, and that's the biggest laugh for me.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It'd be nice if the rewards included games which Nintendo has localized in their vaults, but never released to the public. Like A.S.H or Soma Bringer.

They did it for Days of Ruin in Japan for Club Nintendo.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

You know, I was hoping for more things from My Nintendo than new (and incredibly small) discounts at the beginning of the month.

Guess I'm spending my points on Warioware then.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Here's the full list of My Nintendo rewards, for those who can't just go to the site for whatever reason:

North America

- 15% off Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (600 platinum)
- 15% off Super Mario Galaxy 2 (300 platinum)
- 15% off Pikmin 3 (300 platinum)
- 15% off Dr. Luigi (230 platinum)
- 15% off Mini Mario: Minis on the Move (150 platinum)
- 30% off Triforce Heroes (100 gold)
- 30% off Tomodachi Life (80 gold)
- 30% off Wonderful 101 (70 gold)
- 30% off DKC Tropical Freeze (50 gold)
- 30% off Metroid Prime Trilogy (50 gold)

Europe
- 10% off Fire Emblem Fates (20 gold)
- 20% off Captain Toad (600 Platinum)
- 40% off Captain Toad (100 gold)
- 20% off Animal Crossing: New Leaf (600 Platinum)

Nintendo wants you to spend $100 before getting 30% off of Tri Force Heroes

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Have you people never encountered a rewards program before? Of course it's ~poor value~, they always are and they always will be because people obsess over them either way.

Club Nintendo of Japan dropped physical rewards and previously unlocalized products upon its members.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Pablo Gigante posted:

Super Meat Boy is good

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

SilverSupernova posted:

I thought they were refusing to port games to the WiiU until they put Meat Boy in a Smash Bros game.

Source please

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

In Training posted:

They should go full heel for Smash NX and make it an actual fighting game.

Gross!

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Rhythm Thief is largely really good. Out of 50 rhythm minigames there are about 3 or 4 bad ones due to relying on the gyroscope, and only two of those are actual story missions iirc. Even then they're easy enough to fudge a passing grade at least. Going for Rhythm King on them is a fool's errand though.

I'm happy that I beat it recently and got an A rank on all the games. I find it pretty funny that they set up the game on a cliffhanger though, when there's never going to be a sequel.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Stop twisting the knife! :colbert:

If it makes you feel better, it means you can fill in the blanks with your imagination!

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

greatn posted:

Ted Cruz was in charge of marketing it, by which I mean to say he was the Tapwave Zodiac killer.

I was about to say that he was the one responsible for all of its killer apps, but you beat me to it.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

irlZaphod posted:

I love the way a couple of people are making GBS threads on My Nintendo, as if Club Nintendo wasn't utterly useless until the last few months of its existence.

Getting free copies of Wind Waker HD, Super Mario 3D Land, Wonderful 101, Mario Golf Toadstool Tour and Pokemon Y were pretty good rewards to me. I also spent that $30 that I got from getting SMTIV and FE Awakening quite well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

So, when are the coins of My Nintendo supposed to expire, and when are the new rewards going to be showing up?