Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

How do you get Club Nintendo points again because I've got 750 and I would love to get Link's Awakening but I'll probably get stuck with Paper plane or Aura Aura climber. I will definitely be buying 1 game in June.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

All I want to know is if Seasons 2 and 3, specifically the latter will show up? We've done the first two, but we won't do the fourth without the third.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I really liked Hollow Knight, should I pick up Celeste? I am also thinking about picking up Shantae since I liked the previous ones but I don’t know much about Half-Genie Hero. Also I heard good things about Bloodstained it’s like a classic Castlevania and not a metroidvania, right? I’m also thinking about getting Undertale because I’ve heard it’s heavily influenced by Earthbound. Is it true that to get the best ending you have to not kill any enemies? Is the game still fun that way?

Nintendo stop putting so many good games on sale I don’t have infinite money

If you liked the platforming in HK then get Celeste. It's like that but world's better. Celeste is also just a fine game in its own right: the story, music, and presentation are great and if you have trouble with the platforming just use the assist mode to just experience the game.

The game's probably more fun if you don't kill people but I'm pretty sure you can't do that the first time you play so you have to play more than once. Make sure you like bullet-hell though because that's what the battles are like, and it's ultimately what turned me off the game. Now, most people won't agree with me but rather than being reminiscent of Earthbound or an homage to it, it struck me as more derivative and as a pastiche of what makes Earthbound good. However, as I said, that's probably just me.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

The battles in Undertale are like extremely easy bullet hell with a few exceptions if you’re going on the evil path. They aren’t Ikaruga or anything.

Sure but you still have to like the genre. It's not one that I find enjoyable and even though I was able to beat the game the first time I didn't like the experience enough to try it again. They're creative bullet-hells, for what's worth, but dodging things doesn't do it for me.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

elf help book posted:

Does DLC earn gold coins?

I think so. At least if you're buying it online which I'm pretty sure you have to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

There seems to be a sale on indie games in Europe. "Weird and Wonderful" they're calling it. Significantly you can get Rain World for 11.99 versus 19.99 (40% off); West of Loathing for 6.93; Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, and Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime for 8.99 each.

Slime-san at 5.99 and Pool Panic for only 4.14. There's a few other games but nothing else that caught my eye or that I know is somewhat popular.