Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah. It's like the youtube app on my phone except it's slower, uglier, and no videos are showing up for me right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Boktai was fun, but who came up with the idea of having to play in the sun when that makes it impossible to see anything on a GBA screen?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I played the demo, it's some dumb datesim element where you talk to a girl, hold hands, and you magically get a dumb mascot character to add to your party. Several of them can combine to become a robot, but that doesn't stop the game from being a boring dungeon crawler on top of its concept.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nice to see that Clive 2 is continuing the climb in ridiculousness from the end of the first game.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sarchasm posted:

It was hard to follow along because of the sound and video quality, but there's also a lot of meter management. If you ever deplete your energy all the way you overheat, and there's a time delay before you can recharge again. You take no damage while surrounded by your energy field, so it seems like a big part of the game will be managing attack and defense and then dodging until you're back up to full strength for another salvo.

Could be neat? It's hard to gauge either way from a tutorial video.

Yeah, it could ramp up, and the tutorial stages in the last two Inti games like this were pretty pathetic as well. ZX Advent's was just a straight line where you walked forward and used your homing shot a couple times.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sarchasm posted:

The only Megaman X game I've ever played is Megaman X, which I really enjoyed, but all I hear is varying degrees of dissent and complaint about its sequels. I assume that Megaman X is considered the best of that franchise, but is there any consensus on where to go next?

X2-4 are all good, but mostly considered to be not as good as X1. X5-X7 are increasingly bad, and X8 is better than the games right before it, but still has problems.

Motto fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 7, 2014

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I considered myself a bit burned out on Mario Kart, so I hadn't bothered with MK8, but I think I'm going to pick it up at some point now. I hope this foreshadows some Smash Bros. DLC. I'd love if they looked at how people reacted to the base character/stage roster, then popped out packs with some new and and old stages and a character or two.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The first game still isn't out in PAL-land but whatever, Inti Creates has annoinced Gunvolt 2!

http://inticreates.com/azure-striker-gunvolt-2/

I really hope that Inti steps up their game for the sequel. I still liked it, but the level design was quite weak, and their work on MN9 looks pretty bad. I still have hope though, since their work on the Zero/ZX series showed, in my opinion, that they can recognize what aspects of the games players didn't like and needed to be improved upon or excised.

Motto fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Feb 28, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Is AS Gunvolt any good and what's Mighty Gunvolt you get a code for?

It's okay. It's kind of like Inti's Zero/ZX games, but there's a focus on score attacks and killing multiple enemies simultaneously for more points, and the level design was made kind of bland to accommodate this. And due to a feature called Prevasion that lets you dodge attacks automatically with a pendant equipped and energy in your gauge, the game's difficulty is binary Very Easy to seeing the credits and pretty hard to get good ranks on all the stages. I liked it, but I hope Gunvolt 2 is much better.

Mighty Gunvolt is an NES-styled platformer with elements from Gunvolt, MN9, and GalGun. If you've ever played Mega Man ZX Advent, MG is to Gunvolt as Mega Man a was to ZXA. It's super short, super easy, and the level design is mediocre at best so it's only worth playing if you get it free with GV.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Don't buy the $50 updated DS game for full price.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

There will never be anything with Megaman in it ever again.

smashbros costume dlc:v:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

epitasis posted:

mega man always has been and always will be bad, just like sonic. accept the truth

no

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The only time when mega man was consistently bad was the X series after 4.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

PiT is the worst Mario RPG, but it's still an okay game. At least it's not the last two Paper Marios.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Kirios posted:

Is it really worse than Paper Mario Sticker Star? God that game sucked.

Nah, it's just very weak in design when compared to Superstar Saga or Bowser's Inside Story. Never played Dream Team so I don't know where that fits in.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Watrick posted:

If I enjoyed Danganronpa, would I enjoy AA? It looks good from what I've seen, I'm trying not to spoil it in case I do pick it up.

AA is good, but quality can vary wildly from case to case. Most feel that the second game is weak until the final part, for example. Though personally I feel this is all relative, and even the worst AA case is pretty fun to play through (4-3 excepted because of repeated FMVs).

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

speaking of pandora's tower I hear that because of the chain thing the game plays better with miimote and nunchuk than with something like the CC

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I can't believe that nintendo just changed the law like that.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

less laughter posted:

Because that's how they got the game on the GBA.

Why? Was a single game split for NA, or did they wait until AW2 was developed to bother releasing them in Japan?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Abu Dave posted:

How is Devil Survivor Overclocked?

It's pretty fun, though there are some missions that involve protecting NPCs that can be a bit annoying.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It'd be nice to have more item slots, but the menu shuffling doesn't really bother me at all. It's actually better than the later Minish Cap since that has the exact same system, except that your sword is permanently locked in as your B Button item.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Augus posted:

The sword isn't locked to the b button in Minish Cap

oh right, whoops.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Lord Lambeth posted:

And now Persona is their cash cow.

edit: I wonder how well SMTIV did

If I'm recalling correctly, it's the best-selling mainline SMT to date.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

They don't release DS games digitally on 3DS.

And no, Edgeworth 2 will never be released officially in English.

They can, actually, they just won't. In Japan Days of Ruin was DSiWare through club nintendo.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

We don't know how they did that, though; there's no reason to think it's just a ROM dump.

Isn't that pretty much what they do with Wii games on the WiiU?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

i'm fine with #fe being a new ip loosely inspired by the two franchises because unless you're making some kind of fighter or have "super robot wars" in your name, crossovers are usually lame

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

mycot posted:

Isn't there a Miku game with literally $100 of DLC costumes?

maybe, but that's a paltry amount compared to Costume DLC King doa5

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Here's a new JP trailer for Lost Reaver, the f2p Wii U game from Namco formerly known as Project Treasure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4CHF7o2Z88

Looks janky and that framerate is pretty bad, but since it's F2P I might give it a shot.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

It's kinda cool that they did a 3D World style portrait for Daisy even though she'll probably never appear outside a spin off

I think that already existed from something else, I saw photoshops of 3D world with that icon.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Color Printer posted:

Rune Factory 4: is it good? What's it like?

It's harvest moon plus some action-RPG elements.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Was it like this with the GBC Zelda games?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sorry, I was talking about people being confused and thinking it's a Pokemon deal when it's actually two complete games.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

In Training posted:

and those are two completely different games.

Just like the new Fire Emblems?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Excuse me the scientific term is "drill-hair".

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nothing new under the sun, man.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

Super Mario "RPG"

Nostalgia does funny things to people's heads.

Why the quotes?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Especially considering the "nintendo seal of quality" is touted as saving the game industry from the previous crash after atari and the -visions shat out tons of poo poo games.

The way I always heard it, it was an assurance that you were getting a functional game, not necessarily a good one.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

greatn posted:

Retro is actually making a Donkey Kong X Metroid

Curious Kong and the Chozo Suit

Diddy was a good little Kong and always very curious. He lived with his friend, the Woman in the Yellow Suit. One day, when the Woman was visiting a space station in her zero suit, Diddy saw the open Yellow suit sitting on the bridge. Diddy knew he was not supposed to touch the suit, but he was very curious.

And then they became pop stars.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Looper posted:

sakamoto was the head guy for both, i'm pretty sure

They share a lot of ideas, Other M just does them way worse despite being more story-focused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Amppelix posted:

I'm pretty sure Sakamoto was just a classic example of the George Lucas phenomenon. He had good ideas and bad ideas and earlier on in his career he worked with people who filtered out the bad ones.

I think he just tried his hand at something he wasn't good at (writing).