Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Minidust posted:

Is there any word on whether the Zelda picross has a more traditional game structure than the Pokemon one? IIRC the Pokemon one just gives you infinite deposits of that mobile-style currency once you pay the maximum amount of real dollars, so it still feels like an F2P mobile game.

It seems to just be standard Picross. Not as many puzzles as a Picross e title, but it's not F2P either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Fremry posted:

My Nintendo sucks because physical media doesn't count like it did with Club Nintendo. I like physical media, so that just means no coins for me.

I have a feeling that it's just waiting for the NX to release before they integrate all media, physical and digital, with the system. At least, that's my optimistic hope.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

JB Lars posted:

Some late-entry Humble Bundle codes for US systems:

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Wii U B0L7S7XT497X96W8

People talked good about this game so I decided to get it. Thank you!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

That's because it's not Nintendo, it's Intelligent Systems.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Zat posted:

That's a different mission. There used to be another 30 points a week for visiting https://www.nintendo.com but I don't see that one anymore.

In the points history it's called "Sign in to your Nintendo Account on the official Nintendo website (weekly)". The separate MyNintendo one is "Collect the My Nintendo sign-in bonus (weekly)".

Yeah, and I just got it.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I've only played Aria and Order, both were excellent. I look forward to more good games.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

It starts tomorrow at around the same time the actual livestream starts.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Mr E posted:

I'm wanting to buy one of the FE Fates games - which should I buy if I haven't really played FE games before, just FF Tactics and Tactics Ogre?

Go with Birthright to ease you into the mechanics, get the others if you feel like you want more.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Why would Link Between Worlds get two characters?

Because that's what the DLC pack said they'd get?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Boten Anna posted:

I about crapped my pants when I got a copy of Golden Sun for the GBA and entered a battle for the first time.

For the uninitiated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=999pGrOp_M4&t=50s

The spinning and 3D spacing and such was mind-boggling for a portable system at the time

Finally, someone with something good to say about Golden Sun. I agree wholeheartedly.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

jivjov posted:

There's an "add needed funds" button.

Some people don't use credit cards.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

jivjov posted:

Works with debit cards as well; I hardly ever use my credit card on eshop

I assumed he was doing prepaid eShop cards only because that's what he mentioned on the post.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

absolutely anything posted:

Pinball Land exists

Seconded. That's probably the only bad Kirby game. I mean, Pinball Land is cute and all, but it's way too easy to die and it's incredibly finicky.

I'd also make an argument for Avalanche, but it's more that I'm bad at it. It's also not REALLY a Kirby game, just like how Tetris Attack isn't a Yoshi game.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

In Training posted:

Kirby Star Stacker is kind of a neat puzzle game for 1 dollar. It's held back by how slow the actual speed of all the falling blocks are though.

You aren't at Insane yet, are you?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

What I wouldn't do for an official release of Live-A-Live stateside...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's way better - it has Dreamland 3-style graphics, they added a Puyo-esque ladder/story mode, etc plus it's easier to play a multiplayer game.

EDIT: oh, and if you ace the challenge mode you get to see Kirby and pals getting drunk at a bar

No wonder it didn't get localized. (Maybe?)

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA, you're getting Mario Party 2 on Wii U and Castlevania Dracula X (not Rondo of Blood!) on New 3DS.

FINALLY. I've been waiting to cash in my Wii version of Mario Party 2 for forever. Not enough controllers to play it on Wii Mode.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

One of the GBA games was the GBA port of Yoshi's Island on SNES, maybe that's how you got confused.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Oh yeah, that was a thing on a Direct once. Probably doomed to obscurity though.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Kaubocks posted:

Is Blaster Master Zero any good?

Yeah.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

And More posted:

That DVD had a tutorial on how to go down a goddamn pipe. :psyduck:

The Final Fantasy 1 manual taught you how to open a chest. FACE IT SQUARELY FROM THE FRONT!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Ineffiable posted:

Thoughts on magician lord? I'm in a neo geo collecting lately (digital titles though)

Be dead down here.

(It's a quarter muncher, basically.)

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Hizke posted:

if you are willing to jump thru sum hoops, u can also buy the jp eshop version that's already unlocked and playable in English. wish I had.

It was hard enough getting the money for the Seiken Densetsu Collection, so I think I'll pass. There's enough Odyssey content to keep a guy occupied all day today anyway.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I like how Stocke is initially cold like most jRPG edgy characters but after what happens in the prologue you quickly find out that he does care and he is really happy when people don't die.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

It's SOMETHING, at least. Being able to fully buy things with points harkens back to the cheap Game Boy VC games or DSiWare you could get on Club Nintendo every so often.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I don't hate Star Allies at all, as a huge Kirby fan I think that they did sacrifice a bit of the game's integrity to make it a constant multiplayer experience. The amount of fun you have with the game is directly proportional to the amount of humans that are playing with you, I feel. I do think that the next main-series title needs to shake up the formula a little bit. Maybe a new Amazing Mirror-type game?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

It's out right now and you should all play as Dark Meta Knight.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I love Dream Land 3. The aesthetic is lovely and brilliant, so brilliant that an SNES Mini can't accurately capture it (from what I remember hearing). The new friends added a lot of variety, too, many of which are easy favorites like Pitch. Plus, the road to 100% completion is not too tricky, you can always be on the lookout for something on each level to do that isn't too hard to do usually.

Kirby 64 is more of a mixed bag for me. Again, I like how it looks, especially on N64 it was able to really use the limitations of the system to its advantage. But I don't find the power mixing very fun or cool, there are so many combinations that are unwieldy or plain worthless. And many of them being required for certain collectables, even some of them not allowed to be obtained in the level they're found in, feels like a step backwards. The only thing the game does right with its 100% road is that you don't need to fully beat the level for the shards you get to count. No single other Kirby game does this, for whatever reason. I simply don't get it, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

We should also be getting the Godmaster free DLC pack for Hollow Knight at some point today.