Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Haraksha posted:

Are any of the 3D classics really worth it? I'm a pretty big Kirby platforming fan, but I'm not sure if the gimmick of 3D is going to be worth it.

Some of the 3D classics are amazing, like the Excitebike and Xevious ones. The 3D looks incredible, and you can tell they completely rewrote the game.

Kirby though? What the hell? It looks like they just used an NES emulator. It even has the stupid 4:3 border. The 3-d is almost non-existent, too. However, the odd thing is that it doesn't appear to be emulated, because the sprites are razor-sharp. This is a stark contrast to all the NES Virtual Console games which in my opinion have very ugly upscaling filters on them.

Speaking of which, I really hope they give us alternate upscaling options for the Virtual Console games. I know it's a really spergy complaint but everything just looks so drat blurry. Surely they can implement simple2x or something instead of this interpolation crap they've been giving us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Apparently it's because the NES was already ten years old when the game came out.

No I mean it looks like Nintendo ported the game for the 3DS rather than just emulated it, but that doesn't explain why the 3-d is barely there and the game runs in 4:3 (compared to all the other great 3-d rereleases Nintendo has done so far).

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

AngryCaterpillar posted:

shut up you're a virgin :qq:

Haha I love Wario games, especially Wario World. But ESPECIALLY the Virtual Boy one (no joke).

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I've been buying quite a few digital goods lately in situations where owning a physical copy was an option. This is not normal for me, because I like having a tangible product for several reasons: 1) I like having a collection, 2) I like the idea that I can sell the game once I am done with it, and 3) I like the idea that I don't have to worry about some activation server existing in 10 years for me to still be able to play my game.

However I also like: 1) not having to look for discs every time I want to play a game, 2) saving wear-and-tear on my laser, and 3) especially with the 3DS, having all of my games available right from a single device for bringing it around. I typically have modded all of my consoles since the PS2 for the sole purpose of ripping my collection to hard drives, but now that I have the option of legally doing so, I enjoy doing it that way. I feel like the company profits more from me more as well, which I like contributing to.

However, I realized the other day when turning my DSiXL on, that there is literally no way to get Zelda: Four Sword Adventures on the system. I missed the window of when it was available, and yeah I'm an idiot and should have grabbed it, but I forgot to. Now it's gone, permanently, and there's no way to get it, and this is what's giving me some restraint from really getting into the digital purchase world. I know it's spergy but if my 3DS breaks in the somewhat distant future, I am completely screwed out of ever playing many of those games again (quite literally with something like Pushmo).

I figured I'm spergin' way too hard and that hackers would have a great way of preserving this stuff, but I just checked and there's no way, even with a flashcart, to play DSi games on my DSi. No one has hacked the system. This could not possibly be more of a :qq: first world problems :qq: but I am just making an observation and wondering if anyone else felt the same reservations when it came to purchasing stuff digitally.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Well I am on day three now of trying to download a retail game I bought on the WiiU: Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed.

I get error code 105-3155. Keep in mind I never get any download errors on any other console I've ever owned. The store has no problem connecting either; it shits itself after around 75%; or around 6 hours of downloading (using 30mbps FiOS internet).

Nintendo tells me they "have no code 105-3155" on file, so I'm filing a chargeback. Luckily their digital purchase system is such poo poo that I am confident they can't "pull a Origin" and ban me from their online store. Nintendo really needs to get their poo poo together. And this is coming from a guy with Miyamoto in his goddamn username.

:argh:

edit: I'd consider the USB ethernet thing as I am thinking maybe the WiFi on the WiiU is causing problems, except, for some unknown reason, the WiiU is the only console in history that doesn't have enough power to run a portable hard drive using only 1 USB port. :arghfist::spergin:

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 12:04 on May 15, 2013

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I am on the DSi shop with my DSi and see Four Swords nowhere? IGN specifically says it's for DSi as well?

edit: Nintendo's site says it is for 3DS only though! drat it, I really want a way to put this on my DSi XL :(

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 30, 2014

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Is there any way to transfer Zelda: 4 Swords back to my DSi? I used the transfer app to go from DSi to 3DS when I got my 3DS, but would love to have 4 Swords back on my DSi.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I just thought maybe with some trickery I could get it on my DSi again.

I still have my DSi XL (wonderful system; I prefer playing original DS games on it since the screen looks better and the sound is way louder on it than even the 3DS XL) and when I got my 3DS, I transferred my DSi stuff onto it.

Now there seems to be no way to transfer anything back, which sucks, because I'd just transfer Zelda Four Swords to my DSi and then download it "new" on my 3DS. Basically if I never transferred it away from my DSi in the first place I'd have two copies of the game right now instead of just one. :smithicide:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Louisgod posted:

For those of you that registered your free game with Mario Kart 8, don't forget it should give you enough coins with the digital promotion for a $5 eShop card.

Wait, since when are club Nintendo points redeemable for eshop credits? I have tons of coins expiring soon and there's nothing but trash on club Nintendo. Would love to convert them to eshop credit unless I read your post wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Oh...he said coins which threw me off.

:saddowns: