Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated
Anyone play Picdun 2 yet? Seems interesting enough for $5 (vs Unchained Blades for $30).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Onean posted:

Unchained Blades was a full retail release with a cartridge/disk and everything for the 3DS and PSP in Japan, but when XSEED localized it they released it as digital only here in NA. It's a full length game, easily 30-50+ hours from most accounts I've heard/read, with amazing presentation as long as you don't violently react to anime or manga. Apparently there's some design issues that get in the way and it's fairly difficult, but general consensus seems to be if you liked the Etrian Odyssey series or Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey then it's something to consider taking a look at. I've been meaning to pick it up, but I haven't had the spare $30 since I picked up a larger SD card for my 3DS.

I have EO4 and that's a great game, but most reviews for UC complained of extremely excessive grinding due to necessasity to relevel different parties in pretty much same dungeon. Plus apparently enemy variety is somewhat lacking. I might give it a shot on Vita since its going for $15 there, I guess.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated
Interesting. Will give it a shot for $15 on PSP version.