Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

Edison Carter posted:

So Trine 2, Chasing Aurora, and Little Inferno are all on sale in the e-shop right now. I know people have said Little Inferno is kind of not a game, but still fun. Would anyone say it's worth $10? I know $5 seems like a small difference, but that is just about enough to push me over the edge if it's entertaining enough, and lasts a few hours.
It's worth $10. You should watch some gameplay to see if it is up your alley though. If you aren't in to the art style or sense of humor it has the value it presents could be diminished a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Super Mario 3d World is now live on eShop :mario:

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Nope, nor do they understand the concept of putting new releases that fit in the sale description and having them at a special sale price to maybe get more people to buy them.

This is why the Zelda and Megaman sales were both rather dissapointing and why this one is just sad, no DKC games? DK3 on 3DS still full price? Come the gently caress on Nintendo.
Super Mario Bros 3 wasn't available during the Mario sale also.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Disargeria posted:

Their top ten games of the year is ALL of their games this year.

Real talk though: how many games came out for the Wii U this year?
77 if wikipedia isn't a bunch of liars.

Quest For Glory II posted:

I hope Capcom USA notices the revived interest in Ace Attorney and doesn't abandon it again.
I mean sure people loved it but just not enough of them bought DLC costumes, pull the plug :smith:

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Captain Pissweak posted:

Has Nintendo given any idea as to when the network is going to be back up? Or is it just a hand-wavey "sometime" like DarkstarIV's post seems to suggest?

I just want to play my video games for children :(
The official stance is Please Understand

quote:

We apologize for the continued interruption of Nintendo eShop service and are working to resolve the situation. Thanks for your patience.

Their Network Status page throws up an error message instead of the "experiencing problems" thing it's supposed to :effort:

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Zip posted:

Has there been ANY news at all about the new Mario Golf? I haven't heard a peep. Is there any news of a release date?
After it was pushed back the only thing given for the release date is "2014"

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Dehry posted:

Anyways, instead of spending $50 rebuying eshop games this week, I may just go get myself one of those $50 32GB PS Vita memory cards on sale tonight.
Good luck! :waycool:

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

morcant posted:

Best Buy currently has a deal of $16 for $20 or $40 for $50 eShop cards, and I've had my eye on GBC Zelda games since I got my 3DS. The $20 card would be fine for that, but I might get a Wii U in the future, and have created a Nintendo Network ID or whatever and linked it with my 3DS and Club Nintendo account and whatever. Does anyone know if the funds are interchangeable? If so, I might go for the $50, since I have a decent amount of Virtual Console games from my Wii that would need upgrading and such.
If you link your NNID between your 3ds and Wii U the balance is shared between the 2. If you spent $100 or more at Best Buy you get a $15 gift card. You could get 2 $50 eShop cards($80) and a $35 one($28) for $108 total then get a $15 gift card back.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Louisgod posted:

To confirm, when is the Best Buy 20% deal good to?
12/28 according to their website

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

mitochondritom posted:

I have a quick question about using the Nintendo E-Shop. My partner lives in Vancouver and I want to buy her the new pokemon game. She has a UK 3DS and I want to buy the game on the Nintendo eshop website. When I have it selected it says the game will be delivered to me (by the email address I have used to create an account). How do I then pass the game to her ? Will it just send me a code that she can redeem on her 3DS or is her 3DS tied to another email address ? I find the Nintendo website very vague.
Just to make sure... You're at store.nintendo.co.uk and you go through the 3ds section, select Pokemon then clicked on Download(not Buy Now) right? If you did and it says Pokemon - Digital Download in your cart then it should email you a redemption code but since it isn't clear they might send you the physical game code card in the mail.

The best solution is if you live near a GAME go there and buy the same download game code card that you would from Nintendo's site except it is 31.99 instead of 39.99 then go home, scratch off the code and send it to them. I'm pretty sure that the download codes for games are all 8 cheaper at GAME than through Nintendo directly.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

mitochondritom posted:

Yes that is what I was trying to do. I went to the GAME website instead and bought Pokemon X there as a download, it said it will email me a redeemable code, which I can then forward to her. It was a very confusing experience !
Glad that you got it all sorted and saved some money in the process :hfive:

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Medium Cool posted:

So I just picked up a 3DS today. Any good cheap games on the e-shop? I picked up Pokemon Y and SMTIV. As far as Nintendo handhelds go I mostly just play pokemon, but I'd like to get into some RPGs especially.
Gunman Clive is incredibly cheap and is pretty great if you liked Sunset Riders at all.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Soylent Heliotrope posted:

GBA Wario Ware is very tempting, that was a huge timesink game for teenage me and I want to relive the magic. Or is NES Remix a better investment? Decisions, decisions.
WarioWare is cheaper and includes Dr. Wario. NES Remix is good but you're better off waiting to buy NES Remix 2 since it doesn't have awful poo poo like Ice Climbers, Golf and Urban Champion in it.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Googling brought up this:
Once you're at the lowest point the neglected puppy you adopt/watch/whatever will chime in to tell you. Apparently you can get extra discount tickets from getting street passes too

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Meldonox posted:

I keep hearing you guys talking about Rusty's and keep getting tempted to try it but for the flashbacks of people going nuts over Bad Rats.
You'll know if you like it or not from the demo.

kurona_bright posted:

I think maybe my favorite games were the fielding ones. The gyroscope works surprisingly well in the one that requires it, and the one where you catch grounders and stuff feels really satisfying when you dive for a ball just out of reach and grab it.
I like all of them except gear games. The umpire one and hitting ones are my favorite :v:

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I'm sure everyone's probably played it in one form or another by now, but, Image & Form just announced Steamworld Dig for Wii U, they're aiming for a fall release.
Like a sequel/updated version or just a straight port?

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

C-Euro posted:

How's Gunman Clive? I thought I heard some positive buzz about that game, and I'm putzing around on the eShop and I see it's only $2,and I have $5 that can go either towards that or Wario Land 2 (a favorite from my childhood)
It's a great game that reminds me a lot of Sunset Riders with more ducks and a cool art style. DW is right that it isn't a very long game but for the price point it's still a ridiculously good value. Both options are good and worth buying.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

JumbocactuarX27 posted:

I've heard Game & Wario is pretty disappointing. Would it be disappointing for the price of Free? Or just less disappointing?
If you play with other people it's pretty good. Gamer is one of the best uses of the gamepad so far. If you're playing it exclusively by yourself you won't get as much out of it.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Monkey Fracas posted:

Still can't get DKCR to download on 3DS- maybe the store is still busy or something? This is like the third day it's been like this.
I've been able to download from Wii U and 3ds eShop today without any problems. What part do you get to in the process? Does your memory card have enough space to hold it(the game is over 2.2gigs I think)?

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Stan Taylor posted:

So how does this wiiu deluxe digital promo work? It credits you back ten percent of all your eshop purchases automatically or do you have to earn a set amount before you can redeem them? Any good exclusives I ought to check out?
You go to the site then sign in. You'll see how many points you've earned and if you can redeem them for a $5 eShop credit. NES Remix 1/2(2 is better) and Pushmo World are good exclusives. You can redeem your $5 credit on Wii U eShop or the 3DS eShop. Games you obtain for free(Platinum/gold Club Nintendo rewards, games you obtained using Club Nintendo coins or through the Mario Kart 8 promotion) will count towards your deluxe points at retail prices. The promotion only applies to deluxe consoles and ends in December.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Civil posted:

Do the flagship Wii U titles ever get discounted on the eshop? (Mario 3d world, Donkey kong freeze, etc)

I'm going to pick up Mario 3d world eventually, but would rather have the digital version, but amazon et al sell the disc version for $50 vs. the eshop's $60.

I'm not in a hurry at all, but wondering if patience will pay off for this type of thing, as Nintendo typically hasn't really reduced the price of their 1st party software until a couple years after release.
I don't think those have been discounted so far and are pretty unlikely to be any time soon. The best deal you'll find for digital games is if Best Buy runs another 20% off eShop cards sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Russad posted:

I did it again. I redeemed coins for a game I apparently already owned!

KIRBY SUPER STAR WII U - CLUB
A05Q-6624-24E1-Y6XT
Grabbed, thanks :mario: