Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Ziddar posted:

At least in the US, it seems some :ghost:spooky:ghost: Halloween themes just went up.

The Halloween themes, I'm going to go out on a limb, could be US only since it's a US holiday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Ziddar posted:

Actually it seems like everyone is getting them. Japan got them a bit ago and NoE seems to be sending emails out to random Club Nintendo members for free spooky cat themes.

Huh, that's pretty cool. Halloween should be a world-wide holiday anyway.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Froist posted:

Uh, what? Halloween was celebrated long before USA was even a country.

Yeah, I know it didn't start in the US, but I've definitely seen people on here from Aus, England, Ireland and other countries talk about how they wish they had it because it looks fun. I just extrapolated from that because I know that the Jack-o-lantern was an Irish invention.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Is Shantae not out on the Wii U? When I searched for it last night on the eShop, the listing that came up told me to buy it on the 3DS, but from what I can tell, it should be available on the Wii U.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Thanks. Have they said when the Wii U version is releasing?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
For people who have played them, which would you consider better, Aria of Sorrow or Harmony of Dissonance?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Kaubocks posted:

Aria of Sorrow is straight up one of the best Castlevania games period.

Thanks, I was leaning towards that because I think I played some of Harmony of Dissonance when it came out all those years ago, but I didn't realize it was that good.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

ChaosArgate posted:

Aria is really good. It's at least as good as SotN.

Which is one of my all time favorite games.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

C-Euro posted:

Aria is really Goddamn good and one of the few reasons I'm still holding on to my GBA SP (nevermind I haven't touched it in over a year). Imagine they re-made Symphony of the Night, but without the inefficiencies and hiccups that came from not completely knowing the formula.

Thanks everyone for the Aria of Sorrow input. I bought it last night when my girlfriend started watching a movie, and next thing I knew the movie was over and I was still deeply engrossed in Aria of Sorrow.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Goddammit that's good. Just need to know what size Smash is.

If Wind Waker HD, Super Mario 3D World and New Super Mario Bros U were all around 2GB, I don't expect it to be huge.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

ChaosArgate posted:

Did those have 500+ songs though? I wouldn't doubt that the music alone would take a third of the filesize.

Good call. I completely forgot about that.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
I need 17 points for a $5 eShop credit. Anyone got any ideas?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Shelf Adventure posted:

Where have all the caveman themed games go? It seems like in the 90s they were everywhere. Even super mario world

Where did all the vampire games go? Every game in the 80's had Dracula as a boss including Ducktales and Flintstones, neither of which made sense.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Plus, the ability to sell them later is non-existent with digital games. I wouldn't normally say that, but Nintendo games hold their value spectacularly, and always have.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Mischalaniouse posted:

Oh, I've been thinking about getting this on iOS for a while now, maybe I'll just pick it up on Wii U. Can only who's played it recommend it?

Yeah, I'm curious, too. It looks pretty as all hell, but I'm extremely skeptical of the length/depth of a game that started on iPad.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Super Mario Advance is the SMB2 remake; it uses the SMB All-Stars sprites and adds new bosses, red coin hunting and plenty of annoying GBA-era voice clips.

Uggghhh... they need to get on this VC poo poo. Get us some N64 games, not a remake of a game that is already available on the VC.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

The DDP expires at the end of the year, too, and the credit youg et from DDP expires at the end of March, so there's not a lot of time left to earn/spend DDP credit.

The voucher expires in March. If you deposit the money into your account, it doesn't have an expiration.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Supercar Gautier posted:

That's pretty normal for AAA retail games on Wii U. Nintendo's in-house titles often manage to be smaller, but they're the exception.

As someone pointed out when I brought it up earlier, this game has an insane amount of music.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

I checked the UK eShop a couple minutes before posting the 17GB thing, maybe it's because of language options or something

Also, the information says right there that you don't get the whole thing in the pre-load:

Nintendo posted:

To help fans start playing as soon as possible, we’re offering new buying options that let you pre-load most of the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U game before it launches.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Jelly Omelettle posted:

Does anyone know if the Pokémon TCG game has multiplayer? I loved the game as a kid but I think not having local multiplayer might be a deal breaker for me.

Joystiq has it listed as 1 player.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
I'm not sure if this is the full list for this month, but here are the new rewards on club.nintendo.com:

Wii U

- Pilotwings (200 coins)
- Vegas Stakes (200 coins)

Wii

- Clu Clu Land (200 coins)

3DS

- Tokyo Crash Mobs (200 coins)

E:f,b

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Fritzler posted:

4 more games were added:
Wii:
Picture-Book Games: Pop-Up Pursuit (250 coins)

3DS:
Kirby's Pinball Land (150 coins)
Metroid II (150 coins)
Starship Defense (200 coins)

Thanks. I updated the Wii U thread and forgot this one.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

greatn posted:

It'll keep me occupied between wooly world and whatever the next release is. I think after that and Rainbow curse there's a pretty large drought unless Splatoon cones out sooner than I think.

It's metacritic score is 80, while Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze's metacritic score is 83. Personal bias aside, you either have to say that DKC Tropical Freeze was universally panned or that Watch_Dogs got generally favorable reviews.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Count me in as another person who spent 20-25 hours on Dream Team, enjoyed it while I was playing it, but eventually put it down and never had the motivation to pick it back up.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

BiggerJ posted:

The big question is, will the actually-decent games ever be discovered within the Sturgeonian 95% of poo poo? This is a big problem with Steam.

Fixed that for you.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Curve Digital Indie Port #98765: OlliOlli! This one's for both Wii U and 3DS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyspcbtUhbA

Is OlliOlli! one of those endless runner type ones?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

elf help book posted:

No, it's set levels with challenges. And there's also a daily level and leaderboard.

I don't like OlliOlli but I can't tell if I just don't like it or just didn't give myself enough time to internalize the weird controls.

Oh that's cool then. I'm so over those endless runners. I need an endgame/finale to have the motivation to continue playing a game.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
While we're on the subject of VC and Wii U, where the gently caress are my N64 games?!?!?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
$40 for Angry Birds? I felt like an idiot when I bought it for $1.99 on the iPad.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Doc V posted:

NOA put up a Wii U VC page for MMZ which showed today as the release date, but they took it down so it was probably a mistake.

All the assets are still up, though: http://media.nintendo.com/nintendo/bin/AQBNv8fg4YENeuwJ8fedptIWnouhxm5c/pvlHsniCC4uOr5mVcSAs6XoiC9ntD_mV.jpg

If this and Shantae come out before the end of the year, I think I'll be getting one last $5 DDP credit.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
New North America club nintendo rewards:

Wii U

- Kirby's Dreamland 3 (200 coins)
-Metroid (200 coins)

Wii

-Super Mario Kart (250 coins)
-1080 Snowboarding (250 coins)

3DS

-A Kappa's Trail (200 coins)
-Kid Icarus (gameboy) (150 coins)
-Bird & Beans (150 coins)
-Radar Mission (150 coins)

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Bird & Beans looks bad. It looks like a just ok iOS game that was free.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

absolutely anything posted:

Tbf as much as you're bad and wrong and a big idiot I would say it's not worth 150 coins especially when you could get Kirby's Dreamland 3 for 50 more. Just buy it for the $2 it sells for.

It's an endless puzzle game with, literally, one mechanic. I hate endless puzzle games, and it's not an especially invigorating one at that. I guarantee there are 50 free iOS apps that are the exact same thing. Nostalgia is a bitch.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Pyoro isn't a puzzle game though? Its more of a shooter game than anything else.

May just be me, but I consider those "falling things, make it stop" game to be puzzle games. They are Tetris in reverse.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
I just got the download code for Kirby's Dream Land 3, and it gave me 79 points. I'm going to assume that they don't pro-rate the codes that you get from outside of directly paying in the eShop. All of the download codes for games during the MK8 giveaway gave you full price worth of DDP points. I have a feeling the system doesn't know where your download codes come from, so they give you the highest amount of DDP points for it.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Definitely getting Mega Man Zero.That means I'll need to spend like $6 to get one more DDP credit. Hoping that the mega man sale has 1 or 2 things I want.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Do we know if Shantae on Wii U is coming out tomorrow as well?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Thanks, I remember that now.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Seriously, don't sleep on Mega Man X. It's pretty much a perfect game.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

MinibarMatchman posted:

lol super mario world gba. Why would anyone buy the tinnier, washed out version of SMW over the SNES one???

Seriously. gently caress Nintendo on this one. There are so many good VC games that need to come to Wii U, and in the past month they've released Mario Bros. 2 for GBA and SMW for GBA, two games we already have in their original releases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Louisgod posted:

Thanks, this made me check mine and I need 33 points. Is there something for $1 on the WiiU shop?

33 points is $3.30, not 33 cents. You can get Armillo, that's $3.99 and will give you 39 points.