Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I used to use a pencil eraser to clean the contacts, always worked for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

When you buy your system, make sure to practice screwing before you try to play it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't really care what kind of game it is as long as I get to see the beautiful kingdom of Sarasaland in glorious HD

And bring back the aliens

I always loved how the koopa troopas exploded when you bounced on them. "Awww you want a shell to toss? gently caress you, KABOOM!"

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I remember enjoying 1080 snowboarding back when it was fresh on the N64. But since SSX, I don't think I can go back, not even for the nostalgia. Certainly not at :10bux:.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So many good games on the GameCube. Someday they will release Eternal Darkness again... :(

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

There is only one bad Metroid game and it definitely is not Prime 3. Of course whatever the crap is coming out on 3DS might make it 2.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I thought the game started out as some kinda weird gun sports game called Blastball, but halfway through development they shoehorned in Metroid? Kinda like how Dinosaur Planted became Starfox?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Look, you know exactly what you're getting with the other two, but Splatoon is Nintendo's first brand new IP in like a million years and deserves to have every Wii U owner check it out.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It's like Where in the World is Carmen Sandiago, but Pokemon.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Creatures Inc. was formed from the remnants of Shigesato Itoi's old company APE and the people there worked on the early Mother and Pokemon games. They mostly help out on Pokemon and do other Pokemon-affiliated stuff (including the TCG, I think) but they also made Game Boy Camera back in the day.

Their president is Hip Tanaka, the dude who wrote the music for a lot of Nintendo's early console games (Metroid, Kid Icarus, Dr. Mario, Super Mario Land, Balloon Fight, Mother 1/2, etc).

Every time my 8 year old self beat Metroid and saw Hip Tanaka's name scroll by, I'd laugh because his name sounds funny.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The sad thing is me and my brother would make fun of all the Japanese names and try to sound them out in a jokey way. I was a racist little poo poo back in the 80's. :smith:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Even when I would do the thing where you use your fingers to try and slant your eyes?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

My wiiu external drive recently died. I had just upgraded my PS4 hard drive to 2 TB so I got an external enclosure and put the old PS4 HD in it and connected it to my WiiU. It's like the circle of life or something.

This the enclosure kit I got:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UAA4J6G
Probably something cheaper out there, but the reviews on this were pretty good.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

In Training posted:

I used the TMP the whole game, I didn't realize it was lackluster

Me too. Great for the mine cart and truck sequences if you don't care about accuracy rating. I also used it a lot to beat Krauser, you shoot him in the knees with it till he drops, then switch to a magnum to pop him in the face.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Heh, I started a new run last week and I'm exclusively using the TMP for any situation where I would normally use the pistol. God the enemies and crates are dropping ammo for it like candy. I usually never touch the weapon, but it's made for a fun playthrough so far.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

absolutely anything posted:

you fool what have you done

He's summoning Jivjov.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

You have Rusty's Real Deal Baseball, what more do you need?

Don't forget Bayou Billy. :smithicide:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dr Cheeto posted:

Guys, it doesn't suck! Sure, they have the fewest features and conveniences of their competitors, but it would be wrong to say that it sucks! You can certainly download games!

I'm with JivJovJuice on this one. It takes a lot for something to "suck" in my opinion and at the end of the day, You can pay for, download, and play games digitally with little hassle. Most importantly their poo poo works. Look at PSN after Christmas and their buggy lovely store.

Now that doesn't mean there is no room for improvement and they should work to add the features that gamers want. But their product doesn't suck.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 18, 2016

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Shwqa posted:

I'm disappointed in nintendo account policy. I want to play 4 pokemons at once to get my shiny ponyta.

You forgot to say JivJovJuice three times.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If I'm going to start a new game of RE4 on hard, any recommendations on the weapon load out? It's mostly the pistol I can't decide on, I usually prefer the red9 or the blacktail. Also, is the Killer7 worth it? I usually just keep the broken butterfly cause it's free.

I've never tried hard mode, but I've beaten normal mode several times with just about all the different weapon combos. Also, any general hard mode strategies are appreciated.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Here's an impending Wii U eShop game that might be worth checking out - Star Ghost, a procedural shmup by an ex-Retro/Rare dev with music by David Wise. It'll be out on March 10 for 9USD/EUR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QglVTS6zQy4

Holy poo poo

Cat boss :3:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Im at work and can't check the eshop, but how much is the new Zelda digitally? Amazon is selling codes for $50.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ebay has a deal that lasts until 7PM Pacific tonight. $20 off any order that's a minimum of $100. So you can put a $50 eshop card in your cart, change it to x2, then apply the code for the $20 savings at checkout, but only if you use PayPal.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Nintendo-eShop-Prepaid-Card-50-/321932575884?nav=SEARCH

Code is: CMADNESS10

But wait, there's more! You can also make a second order and use code: CMADNESS20

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is it basically a refined remake? I loved the original but that game gets unreasonable and I could never finish it.

Is it broken in places? Yeah. But I wouldn't say it's unreasonable. Milon's secret piece of poo poo castle is the definition of unreasonable.

Blaster Master needed a few tweaks and it would've completely owned. A save system would have solved all the major headaches the game caused back in the day. Instead you had to leave your Nintendo on for a week or two and hope your Mom didn't unplug it to vacuum the living room. Thankfully the Virtual Console has save states.

They needed some tweaks to the on foot, top down, gun system. I love how getting damaged downgraded your weapon, keep that, but each tier of weapon could be overhauled/scrapped to be more useful and work better. Bullets that only go a very specific curved path are useless in those tight maze corridors.

Grinding more hover car power ups has to be made easier. Either more enemies drop it or you increase the drop rates on the ones who do.

Finally an in game map system would have been a life saver. But this was the 8 bit NES days and too loving bad you're not getting one. Go borrow your friends Nintendo Power and hope his little brother didn't rip out the pages.

On a final note I want to point out that the chip tune soundtrack has some of the best 8 bit music in existence that easily rivals what Castlevania and Mega Man were doing.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yeah I'm getting it after work today, I just had no time to play games yesterday. The first game is one of my favorite games from my childhood so my nostalgia probably enables me to overlook its flaws. But I really do think it's a fantastic game despite them. That world 1 music never fails to get me pumped up for some Master Blastin.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LUnwRFMo6D0&index=2&list=PL1DAF02F05AB2A513

This is right up there with the DuckTales moon music for me.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Mar 10, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oh my god...Blaster Master zero...where have you been all my life?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

How's Blaster Master control on Switch with the sticks? Not planning on picking up a pro controller for that dpad anytime soon.

Silky smooth buy now.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

KennyMan666 posted:

Switch Blaster Master Zero has controller rumble, and some dumb co-op mode wherein player 2 just controls a crosshair on the screen to shoot enemies. Otherwise, it's supposed to be 100% identical to the 3DS version.

It's not dumb, it's called baby sister mode.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Castlevania spiritual sequel, Bloodstained, is cancelled for WiiU and switching to the Switch. If you donated to the kickstarter and chose the WiiU version they will refund your money or switch your platform to whatever you want.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/22/bloodstained-castlevania-nintendo-switch/

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tempura Wizard posted:

ON THA GWEEN!

Neo Turf Masters is a Good Game that you should buy for your Nintendo Switch.

I am a huge fan of Hot Shots Golf, especially World Tour on the Vita. Will I like, love, or hate this game?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Empress Brosephine posted:

It's fun but it's no Hot Shots. It's like Tiger Woods.

That's cool, sounds like $8 is worth it then. I don't like real golf with boring PGA jerks. I like the cartoony fun of Hot Shots and Mario Golf.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Box of Bunnies posted:

Details on when they're going to start thinking about considering looking into the possibility of virtual console on Switch would be nice

Its gonna launch when their paid online launches and they let you get a VC game for free for a month or whatever they said it would be.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Aero Fighters 2 is the game where you can play as a dolphin flying a plane. Or a ninja.

Is there a dumbed down American easy mode or is it pure bullet hell?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

TheHoosier posted:

drat shame. miiverse was actually kinda awesome. put that poo poo on the switch

Nintendo has something up their sleeves, it should get announced soon when they are ready to talk about their paid online subscription service. I can't imagine it would be a step down from Miiverse, whatever it ends up being.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Crossposting from the video game deals thread.

Go go go, before it’s gone! It’s rare for Nintendo gift cards to go on sale, let alone be 15% off. Can buy up to five, email delivery.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yeah that’s what others have said, guess I’m just going by what I see get posted around here.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The drone game just looks like someone ported pilotwings 64 to the switch

So it kicks rear end and is awesome?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I saw Wild Guns Reloaded listed and got excited...

The I realized what I was hoping for was Sunset Riders. Loved the hell out of that game on the SNES and arcade.

Sunset Riders Reloaded when???

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nintendo sent me a birthday coupon for 30% off select digital games. Only one I’m interested in is Metroid: Samus Returns. I didn’t bother getting it when it first came out cause I haven’t turned on my New 3DS in a year or so, ever since the Switch came out. Is this worth getting at $27.99? Could they maybe port it to Switch some day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Blotto_Otter posted:

Anything’s possible, but I doubt it. That game leans very heavily on the second screen, porting it to the Switch would require them to rework some fundamental aspects of the UI, and I’d be surprised if they were willing to invest that much effort into it. (And I have no idea if they used assets that were high quality enough to look good on a 720p display.)

I got it as an impulse purchase on sale for $20 a while back, I thought it was worth it - especially since I sold it for a tad more than that on eBay after I finished my playthrough.

Yeah I figured it would be trouble to port. I’m honestly hoping the dual screen concept gets phased out of all Nintendo hardware going forward to prevent porting issues like that.

As for the game, I’ll think about it. I really don’t want to fire up my 3DS unless it’s mind blowing. I’m having way more fun with the Switch.