Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Today I bought a download copy of Professor Layton and if I click download now, it goes for awhile and does make progress, but after about two minutes the animation chains are empty instead of having the little data blobs and after awhile it gives me an error code that, when I looked it up, just claims to be a "generic error code."

I have a stable internet connection otherwise, on other devices, and if I click download later and then start the download again that does it but downloading my game shouldn't be a chore I have to monitor. I tried using download later but after 6 hours it had only downloaded 51%.

Any ideas what might be up? The current eshop status seems fine and I can't find anywhere else where someone has had a similar issue and gotten a clear answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I chose DKCR. This game is so much better without the pointless motion control bullshit. I am happy with this reward, though I can see how some people might be let down that this year's reward doesn't have anything exclusive.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

DKD posted:

Of the 3DS Shin Megami Tensei titles on sale this week, should I get Overclocked or Soul Hackers if this is my first SMT game?

If you want a turn-based strategy game, Overclocked will be better for you. Soul Hackers is a port of a fairly old installment of the franchise, but it's fairly solid game-wise, though it has some mechanics that aren't present in other titles. If you want a more typical SMT experience though, Soul Hackers may be better for you. Both are good games though.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

less laughter posted:

You can't resell digital games once you're done with them. I sell 90% of my games once I've finished them, therefore I always go physical.

I actually buy digital games sometimes just so I won't do this. I like the idea of just having them around indefinitely in case I ever want to play again, or in case I want to let someone else play in the future.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Grabbed Kirby Super Star and Mario Bros which will add just enough to get my account over the line for a $5 cert from the Digital Deluxe promotion. Can't say I really care about Mario Bros. but Kirby Super Star is a welcome addition to my Wii U.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Whoa, that is $10 lower than I expected Tropical Freeze to go. Might just have to bite.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

This might be worth a look:

https://eshop.nintendo.net/redeem

Someone was digging around Nintendo's URLs and found this URL: a work-in-progress version of their web eShop portal, and people are reporting that it's already operational in certain countries - if you drop a download code for a Wii U game into the form it'll automatically download on your console.

You have to be logged into the NNID linked to your Wii U for this to work, but I can confirm this works. I grabbed Kirby's Dream Course from Club Nintendo and dropped the eshop code on here. That was a little while ago, and I just turned on my Wii U and it was installed just fine.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

C-Euro posted:

Is Azure Striker Gunvolt the game everyone was losing their minds over when it first came out? I have 28 hours of flying & layovers to go through next week so I'm stuffing my 3DS with things to take the edge off. And how's the 8-bit spinoff Mighty Gunvolt? $3.99 is right around "sure why not?" territory for me, but I could put that money towards Wario Land II or Shovel Knight which I've been meaning to grab for a while.

AS Gunvolt is really quite good. It probably won't keep you busy for 28 hours but it is a satisfying game for the price. Mighty Gunvolt you could take or leave, it basically plays like a simple Mega Man clone but without getting new powers and with rather simple level design. Shovel Knight and Wario Land 2 are both better options, honestly.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Those lists are correct, I verified by checking on the consoles I own. In the case of 5 an 6 on Wii U the offer does not extend to the 3ds versions of the same game.

I'd just been thinking yesterday about how I'd love to replay some Mega Man games so this is great timing.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Bust Rodd posted:

Does anyone else think its infuriating that they can't download the megaman Zero games onto their 3DS? Is that so much to ask...

While that does suck, there is a Mega Man Zero collection for the Nintendo DS that you could track down and play the series that way.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

KoB posted:

Is there a recommended place online to get Nintendo bucks that will email me the code? Or am I just better served to find a 7-11.

I try not to use my credit card directly on the store after all the Sony business from a few years back and getting my Live account hacked and stuff.

I don't know where to buy eshop codes digitally but on Nintendo's site if you go to the pages for some games you can buy codes for individual games digitally.

Also Nintendo credit card info is not likely to prove unsafe since even if you store your credit card it's not like someone can just casually sign into your NNID on their console. Nintendo's current account system for any inconveniences it does have proves surprisingly safe in that way.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I wonder what this will mean for platinum rewards for this year.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I have exactly 200 coins left and I've been wanting to play Super Punch Out so that works out nicely.

I hope some of those full retail games stay in the mix when the platinum rewards come along.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
That's right, you need a Wiimote + Nunchuk. You can use the gamepad as a screen and as a sensor bar if you so choose, but not as a controller.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
That Mario vs. DK game just makes me sad that we'll never get another DK 94 because the series is basically Mario Lemmings now. It's cool of Nintendo to embrace cross-buy to a degree though. Little steps!

Also every time I think I'm done buying Theatrhythm DLC they put up another Chrono Trigger song. If they just slowly put up the entire OST of that game in stage form they'll get $1 times number of songs from me.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I play at least a few hours of Splatoon every week and have since its release and it still feels fresh and fun to me. Splatoon was definitely worth the price tag to me. Even if they're done adding new content, I know I'm still going to have fun playing it because for me the basic formula of the game and it's current content is entertaining and worth booting up every once in awhile.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I am having fun using Miitomo in small bursts with my friends and I love Wario Ware Touched so getting that on my 3ds for essentially nothing was a nice perk to my day.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

jivjov posted:

Anyone know why you get Shantae for both systems but Citizens of Earth on only one? Seems odd that they both aren't one way or the other.

Also, unless they're just taking a while to show up, you don't get any Gold on My Nintendo for these.

I would imagine that was up to the individual publishers for the games. Citizens of Earth is Atlus and Shantae is Wayforward.

What a ridiculous deal this bundle is.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I took Darksiders II. Thank you!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I liked most of the gameplay of The After Years but the game really could have used a skip cutscene button so that you can use it on every one of them every single time, including on a first playthrough.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I think the game cost $40 or so after buying all the chapters, so it definitely wasn't more than a full retail game at the time, but it was pretty high for a download title, and weird how it was released episodically. I imagine it would have sucked to buy the first bit of it without knowing that and then hit the "end of chapter" point a couple hours in.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I went into Mighty Gunvolt Burst with low expectations and am blown away by how high effort it is. The levels have good flow and unique enemies and gimmicks. If you want to play score attack, defeating enemies at close range builds combo for points (but you don't have to do it if you don't care). You can customize shot types and unlock new abilities to add to your loadouts as you progress in the game, and the boss fights are actually challenging unlike in Mighty Gunvolt. If you like Mega Man games it is absolutely worth $10.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
First they didn't choose to release the sexy video game and I said nothing because that's totally their call.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

In Training posted:

Radiant Historia!!!

Game rocks. I've put a couple hours in to the 3ds release and I'm pleased with features like the added voices so far. I remember one of the things I loved about the original game back in the day was how Stocke is a competent individual unlike a lot of RPG protagonists, and it still feels refreshing and good today.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Augus posted:

were you watching a VR video? because you don't need to play it in VR
also if you get it on steam you can totally change the settings to whatever you want, change the motion blur settings and all that
there's a free demo actually so you can even see for yourself if you feel the same way while actually playing the game

I can't speak for someone else but it's possible they meant the gore was too realistic. I had to look away a few times during the AGDQ run of the game for the same reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Having bought Hyrule Warriors twice and having enjoyed it greatly both times, I think I won't be going round three with it, and I think FEW is better, because while there are some things I like about Hyrule Warriors more, Fire Emblem Warriors does not have The Imprisoned in it, and therefore my chances of ever actually getting through all the content are much higher.