Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

Haha I love Wario games, especially Wario World. But ESPECIALLY the Virtual Boy one (no joke).

I'd kill for a VC release of that game. Such a shame it was wasted on the virtual boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

No harvest moon? :(

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Sega just revealed the third of the 3D Classics-style remakes for 3DS: Sonic the Hedgehog! Out in Japan next week, 600yen.

http://archives.sega.jp/3d/sonic/

Features include:

-Mid-game saves and stage select
-Spin dash toggle
-Region toggle
-Button mapping (why?)
-Optional "classic" setting which attempts to replicate the dithering/curve of a CRT screen
-Two stereoscopic 3D settings, "Depth" and "Zoom" (pop-in and pop-out, presumably)
-Two different audio balance settings that attempt to replicate the PSG/FM balance of either an early Megadrive or a Megadrive 2

Why the gently caress are you dillydallying, Sega? Release this poo poo outside of Japan already!

Holy poo poo! Why hasn't Nintendo made a bigger deal about this?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Artix posted:

Because as you might be aware, Nintendo doesn't own this "Sonic the Hedgehog" property. If Sega wants to let them sit there in Japan for no good reason, they're perfectly within their rights to do so, no matter how little sense it makes.

Just because it's a third party game, doesn't mean Nintendo can't hype it up if they wanted to and the third party is interested. It's not as if Sega and Nintendo haven't collaborated before.

I'm merely curious why Nintendo isn't making a bigger deal, either here or in Japan, about games like this being released on their system. Then again, it is Nintendo.

\/\/\/ Well that explains it. :v:

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 04:07 on May 8, 2013

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Spacebump posted:

I really wish we could get an Earthbound release VC date.

On one hand, I keep getting paranoid that they are going to pretend they never said anything. On the other, there was the rumoured physical release someone found on amazon.co.uk, so I'd be grateful for just a mention of it either way on the Direct.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Saoshyant posted:

Are you mistaking this with Super Luigi U, which is getting a standalone version alongside the download-only DLC? A VC game shouldn't be getting a physical release, especially one as niche as Earthbound.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure they aren't doing one, but I wouldn't be unhappy if they did.
http://wiiudaily.com/2013/05/earthbound-listed-on-amazon-uk-could-see-physical-release/

And I agree, the series is kinda niche, but Nintendo has been doing good with releases like that lately (Kirby comes to mind, which as popular as Kirby is, I'm sure if they did the same thing for Earthbound, it'd sell as many copies as the Kirby collection probably did.)

So I think it's just a mistake listing, and we're likely just going to get the VC release, which is completely fine by me.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

elf help book posted:

Now I have to consider the weird idea of using coins on Mario 3 just so I can wait and buy it at a discount on Wii U.

I did that for Super Mario RPG. Worth it even if I have to pay 1.50 for the Wii U version.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

njsykora posted:

It's £7 in Europe.

Pardon my ignorance, but is that the same or more than the usual SNES VC release over there?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Spacebump posted:

Is anyone else holding off on buying VC games until after the 4th? (when club nintendo changes which games can be bought with rewards points)

I am. Not sure why, cause they usually cycle the same stuff every three or four months, but just in case...

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

greatn posted:

Well some retailers have a Ganon statue for ordering the physical copy.

I think it's just Gamestop that has the statue (for the US at least).

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Oh come on NOA, Link to the Past is still not getting released?!?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Still no SMB3 huh? Was Mighty Bomb Jack really worth releasing over that?

Life force on the other hand, that's okay.

Between that and A Link to the Past still not being up, I really want to know what the gently caress is going on with the people in charge of the VC service. It wasn't this bad for the first few years with the Wii was it?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Dumb question, but this is the same version that people were able to get ahold of a few years ago (on 3DS's eshop), right?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

What, no SMB3? :haw:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

So Star Wars pinball still shows for full price in the Eshop. Any clue why or does the price drop at the checkout screen?

EDIT: Found out why, the sale ended today. Weird.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 20, 2014

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

NOA just put out their PR:

April 3
Advance Wars ($7.99)
Metroid Fusion ($7.99)
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga ($7.99)

April 10
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror ($6.99)
WarioWare Inc: Mega Microgames! ($6.99)

April 17
F-Zero: Terminal Velocity ($6.99)
Golden Sun ($7.99)

April 24
Yoshi's Island ($7.99)

SMB3 is finally out on both platforms on the 17th, too.

Any mention if we're getting something like Japans buy one, get 30% off deal? Cause that'd be cool, but knowing Nintendo, I doubt it.

Also :lol:, SMB3 5 months later.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I guess I should consider myself lucky that Earthbound was announced in April and out by July I think?

I get why they are holding it back (NES Remix 2) but it's still dumb.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Crawfish posted:

So Europe is getting Nintendo Pocket Football Club (Calcobit in Japan I believe?) on the 17th of next month if its page in the eShop is to be believed.

I really hope it ends up in the US as well. I mean it'd be a good time to do it with the World Cup around the corner and all. Not to mention it's already translated to English.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

PAL update (week of March 27):

NA update (week of March 27):

NOA is late with their PR, so there'll definitely be other releases/sales that are missing from this post, but I can't be arsed to wait for 'em to put it up, so I'll fix it in the morning.

Just to clarify, Star Wars Pinball is no longer on sale for the 3DS. It was a two day only thing last week (that I missed). :(

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I can't remember, but did Advance Wars have a skirmish mode or was that only in later games?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Louisgod posted:

They desperately need to bring back the XL charging cradles. Is there anywhere other than Nintendo's site to get one aside from paying up the rear end elsewhere?

Apparently they are getting restocked later on this month. Not entirely sure where I heard that though.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I'm really torn on Mario Golf. I would play it at least once and enjoy it but I never boot into Wii Mode.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I mean, there's also having it for the sake of paying like a buck or whatever to upgrade to the Wii U version whenever that happens.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Elliotw2 posted:

Haha, you think that N64 VC is coming back anytime soon.

I don't, actually. Hence my saying "Whenever that happens."

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 7, 2014

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

NOE UK just announced the price for Nintendo Pocket Football Club (aka Calciobit), as well as an early adopter discount:

I'm guessing that'll equate to 12.49 / 14.99 in Euros.

Launch this in the US dammit! :argh:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Ugh, why didn't the US get the Mario Golf demo?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Artix posted:

Jesus, about loving time they dropped the price on ZombiU. I've had a couple friends who were interested in it but refused to drop full price, and as much as I love the game, I don't blame them.

You can usually buy it for less than 20 bucks on Amazon and stuff. Unless your friends only buy games digitally.

Oh yeah, Mario Golf demo was confirmed for next week in NA.

Weird, oh well. I can wait a week I guess.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Champeenship posted:

While I'm at it, two bits of trademark-based news:
Four 'Advance'-related trademarks have been registered by Nintendo in Japan. None of them have Wars in the title, sorry.

Motherfuckers... :argh:

Thought maybe Advance Series means they are gonna announce SOMETHING at E3. :ohdear:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Louisgod posted:

So hold up, how are you supposed to get the discount for buying both packs if they're being released 7 months apart? I get that you can save $2 if you buy both at once, but are they really expecting you to wait 7 months for that or does pre-ordering them get you that discount up front?

I believe you pay the 11.99 now, and then receive both DLC packs when they are released.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

jivjov posted:

Random question, if I redeem a Club Nintendo reward code for Kirby's Dream Course, will I get deluxe credit for the full purchase price, or the $1.50 upgrade pricing since I own the game on the Wii VC?

You get the full price since you opted to use the reward code and not pay the 1.50 to upgrade it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

The gently caress NOA? I want DKC!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Where the gently caress is Donkey Kong Country, NOA?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Fremry posted:

While we're on the subject of VC and Wii U, where the gently caress are my N64 games?!?!?

Never mind that, where the gently caress is Donkey Kong Country, NOA?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Man, imagine if Nintendo did that poo poo every month for Club Nintendo...oh well.

Hopefully whatever they're replacing it with is actually worth participating in.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

irlZaphod posted:

Um....they did...

I meant offering full games as rewards, rather than just VC games.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

irlZaphod posted:

Again, we get nothing here in PAL regions, I'd be delighted with the usual crop of stuff you get offered every month. All I ever see about it is people moaning, it's unbelievable.

Sorry? :confused:

I guess we'll all just refrain from posting about NA Club Nintendo stuff so as to not upset you.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Definitely buying OlliOlli after playing the second one on PS4 for the past few days. The cross buy certainly makes it more worthwhile.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Eh, I'd take it with a grain of salt. It's coming from one source, and to be fair, Natsume really only had one game for the SNES worth porting.

I doubt Nintendo is completely done putting SNES games up on the VC.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I keep thinking how cool it would be for Nintendo to put out the Super Star Wars games on Wii U for May the 4th be with you since Steam, PSN, and GoG are all doing Star Wars related sales.

They won't do it though, that'd make too much sense.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Sakurazuka posted:

That poo poo all belongs to Disney now, they quite happily let GOG have a bunch of PC Star Wars games but the SNES ones seem like a long shot. Plus they all sucked apart from the first one maybe.

:getout:

I'm pretty sure Disney is/would be fine with those games getting re-released on the Wii U VC service, since you can still buy them on the regular Wii VC storefront. Also, it's basically free money for them since Nintendo pretty much handles all the re-coding for the VC service.

Disney is far far less retarded about releasing old games on digital distribution services than Lucasarts was. Yes, I know how weird that sentence sounds considering it's about the company that introduced the "Disney vault".

Help Im Alive posted:

The only Star Wars related thing I've ever played is Rogue Squadron 2 which came with my Gamecube and I would buy it on Virtual Console even though I don't really like Star Wars

Factor 5 had a remaster/rerelease of the Rogue Squadron games for the Wii ready to go a few years back but Lucasarts being Lucasarts, stalled and let it die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-X8C_8nJQ4

My secret wish is Nintendo convinced Disney to let them pick it back up again and we'll hear something at E3 about it. Yes, I know EA has the rights to new Star Wars games, but I'd imagine Disney left some legal wiggle room in that contact so they could release older/unreleased stuff if they wanted too through alternative channels.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Willo567 posted:

What took them so long to finally release those games again, if I may ask?

Lucasarts being Lucasarts and stalling on stuff because the company's leadership and George Lucas meddled in everything, including really mundane poo poo.

Seriously, that company was so riddled with mismanagement, Disney buying it was the best possible thing that could have happened to it.