Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I logged in to the eShop today to see if anything new had been released since I stopped playing (there hasn't) and I was greeted with a message telling me that 18 rated games are only available between 11pm and 3am to come into line with Germany's censorship policies. What is this hilarious bullshit? Not that there are any 18+ games on the eShop as far as I know but seriously, what the gently caress?

For reference, Germany is the country that took all the zombies out of Left 4 Dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
E: (Regarding the TVii US launch) That's all well and good, but what does it do in the UK?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Wario land 1 is the best Wario land because it had none of those bullshit infinite health transforming gimmicks, and also is a great game and is fun and most awesome.

Yes, it's also the only one I've beaten 100%. I don't see how that's relevant :colbert:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Teenage Fansub posted:

Any idea when the Euro shop updates?

edit: Ooh. More Picross. Lovely.

Any news on whether the puzzles will be better/bigger this time? Picross e was a bit of a disappointment compared to Picross DS.

Also the Sonic racing demo came out a few days ago, not on the 24th.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

RE: Picross e2, there are roughly the same amount of standard puzzles, but they've also added some giant "micross" puzzles and changed the interface a little. Nothing major, I guess.

Sold!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
When does the 3DS shop update? I want some more Picross :(

Also gently caress all the consoles for getting The Cave early. :mad:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Rirse posted:

At least it coming out on time. PC version got delayed until the 24th out of the blue.

That's what I'm talking about. Wii U and PS3 got it on time, PC is delayed.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Boten Anna posted:

If you hook a Wii up to a CRT television it's almost exactly like playing with a real NES is why.

So Nintendo were catering to the hardcore fans rather than the casuals? That doesn't sound right at all!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Joramun posted:

Wasn't it called Color worldwide, even in the UK?

This just blew my loving mind. I was certain you were wrong but Google is telling me you aren't. What the gently caress, Nintendo?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Is the eShop ever going to get any original titles or is it just shovelware as far as the eye can see, like the DS?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Which eShop? The 3DS is starting to get legit eShop games at a decent click, NA got three of 'em last week.

The Wii U eShop is definitely slow, partly because Nintendo has been slow at supplying dev kits but also because there's just a lack of indie interest in the eShop in general - they were all so turned off by WiiWare that they've been slow to accept the Wii U as a viable digital platform, even in spite of all the reports saying it has the best digital console environment around.

Yeah, they always do, but they never bother to specify so I always hold out hope that they're talking simultaneous worldwide release windows.

The 3DS eShop. I mean really, "Viking Invasion 2 - Tower Defense"? I can't actually remember the last proper eShop game that came out that wasn't a puzzle game.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Wikipedia posted:

Kersploosh!, known in Europe as Splash or Crash and in Japan as Hyu~ Stone (ひゅ~ストン Hyu~suton?), is a puzzle video game

:colbert:

Though honestly I'd never heard of that and it does look more actiony than puzzley. Though with a name like Splash or Crash, of course I was going to think it was shovelware :(

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

katkillad2 posted:

Gunman Clive isn't shovelware :colbert: Just in case we aren't done proving our point yet.

I'm glad I looked this up again because it looks much better in motion than it does in screenshots, where it looks awful. I'll probably pick this up, thanks! My 3DS has just been collecting dust since release, basically.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I did a two hour trip yesterday doing a tour of every shop I could find just to avoid paying eShop prices on Luigi's Mansion 2 and Lego City Undercover. I FINALLY found somewhere selling them at retail and it was worth it to get them so much cheaper. I was starting to think they weren't getting a retail release and were eShop only!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Katana Gomai posted:

Personally I wonder where he lives because every retailer's Wii U/3DS section is absolutely dominated by Nintendo everywhere and I can't imagine it being hard to find a copy of Luigi's Mansion. Just order online next time.

England. One shop didn't have a Wii U section and weren't planning on stocking LM2 and another told me they weren't going to be stocking either. I didn't spend more money on petrol than on the difference because I was in the area for a couple of shops anyway, and the others were only a short distance from my house when I got back. I saved about £28 over the two games compared to eShop AND I get to have physical copies of the games.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
What are the updates?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

quote:

My Riding Stables 3D: Jumping For The Team - €39.99 / £34.99

Jesus loving Christ why did I even bother buying a 3DS.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

AngryCaterpillar posted:

It would be nice if we got some more core market games though. Where is CoD, Assassin's Creed and GTA?

Har har.

No, I'm just a bit annoyed that since getting my 3DS on release I've managed to enjoy, what, three or four games for it? I just wish we got more proper software support from first and third parties rather than endless shovelware :(

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

elf help book posted:

Maybe you should wait for games you are interested in to exist before buying a new system.

There are. I would just like it if there were more. But that's a conversation for 3DS general, I imagine.

Have there been any Wii U eShop releases that are worth looking into?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Any exclusives? I think I can get all three of those on PC?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
That is some seriously expensive DLC for Mario :stare: What on earth is in it?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Saoshyant posted:

About that, I got a code for Fire Emblem but since I'm not getting the other games I've been considering selling it cheap for someone who wants to get the fourth game in the promotion. If you are interested I can make a thread on SA Mart.

How much were you thinking? I only really want two of the games in the set of eight but I've been tempted due to the buy one get one free nature of the next two. Was thinking about donkey kong or something, not played any DK games besides Jungle Beat.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Okay, I've played Donkey Kong before but not any of the games where you play as DK besides JB.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I just read that Ace Attorney 5 is going to be eShop only outside of Japan. What are the chances they release it for a sensible price? Will the Japanese release have English text as an option?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

quote:

Luxor - €11.99 / £24.99

Wait, what? :stare:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Do not even ask posted:

No 20x20 or 20x25 puzzles? Man, looks like I'll have to look elsewhere for something to scratch that itch Picross DS left me with.

This is my big problem with Picross E as well, it's missing the huge puzzles that the older one had :(

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
What the flying Christ is this nightmare?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2bApv9U-3c

Edit: I AM NOT ANY MORE INFORMED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4Kti_xopYs

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
The best (creepiest) part was when the second trailer just said 'GO OUTSIDE SOMETIMES' really accusingly. They know me so well?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
How is Pokémon Rumble U supposed to be? I've not played either of the first two and can't really find any reviews. Is it a good party game?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I don't know what you're all talking about because Wario Land 1 is objectively the best :colbert: Really couldn't get into 2 or 3. 4 was okayish.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

uPen posted:

Huh, why do they do stars instead of coins and why are the values different?

Because PAL region doesn't get the option of free games or anything like that. If we accrue thousands of stars we can get ringtones, wallpapers and MSN avatars.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Xik posted:

There are a couple of nice looking things in there, but yeah the options are pretty slim.

It's free stuff though, can't really complain.

Yeah there's been some really nice stuff on there but the primary problem is that they cost literally thousands of stars, and those stars expire. You'd need to buy every console and every first party game to earn enough stars for some of the high end stuff and hope they don't arbitrarily reset your stars.

Why yes, I am bitter that they removed thousands of stars from my account, how did you know?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Sodium Chloride posted:

Nintendo email you every month with your Stars balance and how many are set to expire that month.

But yes it was better when they didn't expire and when they used to do 5 Stars a day for visiting the NoE site.

They were emailing a defunct email address and I so rarely logged in to my stars account because I never expected they might expire. All of them expired at once, it didn't seem to be a month by month thing. Either way, I just don't bother putting in the codes any more. If I want Mario desktop backgrounds I'll just use google images.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Does anyone remember Rage of the Gladiator, one of WiiWare's least terrible games? No? Well, it's coming to 3DS eShop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3NH0JKJAhY

Punch-Out meets God of War? I can dig it. Looks kinda janky though.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Dunban posted:

Yes.

Also: what the gently caress EA, 50€ for Fifa. Doesn't that make it the most expensive game on the system?

Considering the new content (some text updates) it doesn't even really qualify as an expansion pack. It's barely worthy of being DLC and this isn't even a 'hurr, all sports games are the same' post (they are, but still). The game is literally a roster update. Zero gameplay changes. It's a €50 text swap.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Is anywhere selling Wind Waker in the UK for sensible prices? Cheapest I can see it for is around £43 which I think is even more than I paid for it on the GameCube!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

irlZaphod posted:

Why would you expect to pay less for a current gen console game now, than a current gen console game 10 years ago?

Because every other HD remake game in recent years has either come in a collection with others or at a budget price. I fail to think of a single one that sold for over £30.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Pope Guilty posted:

Oh, yeah, I don't even aim with the stick at all. Moving the 3DS to aim is amazingly smooth and intuitive.

Only in games where you have to make minor adjustments and you have the 3D off, though. Sat down you have no chance on anything more than 30 degrees in any direction.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I read that Pokémon was going to be $30 in the US. Is that true or bullshit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Well $40 is still cheaper than we can get it but a least I don't feel totally ripped off now.

Speaking of AA5, do we have a UK price for that yet? And do I need to have played AAI1 and 2 to play AA5?