Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Aaaaand it's back down again.

Got just far enough to plug in a couple of prepaid cards and right up to hitting the Purchase button on Phoenix Wright and bang. Maintenance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

univbee posted:

Yeah, you know how in Double Dragon, not going into the cave or other mistakes could cause you to redo an area? The last part of the game was a series of door pairs where the wrong one would send you back, possibly as far back as the beginning of the game.

I imagine that would be pretty beneficial for someone looking for a high score.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Sorry if this has been run into the ground, but are we waiting on the announcement for the elite club Nintendo prizes any day now, or did I miss that or what? This is the first time I've qualified for the thing.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Vince Videogames posted:

Does that mean if I order it on club nintendo I can buy the Wii U version for a dollar?

What is this? Some kind of transfer program?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Austrian mook posted:

So I went to get Kid Icarus Uprising, and I don't have enough space, wheres a good placebo get a bigger SD cars before the sale ends?

Are... are you having a stroke?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Is that 10% off Hyrule Warriors deal just a euro thing?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Have they released any recent WiiU footage? Because the only thing I've seen has been some really basic stuff from the kickstarter and I'm excited to see how it translates from the 3ds version.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Oh!

Well, thanks for the clarification.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Dehry posted:

It's a fairly standard rpg world with a lot of charm. You chose a profession and then complete challenges to raise the skill level in that job. You can decorate your house, craft items, and explore dungeons (required to unlock other areas)

When you say challenges, are you talking about the same few over and over and over again? Is it grindy?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I actually really do like grinding and have been really wanting an RPG to go at for a while now.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

If you just did it today, give it until tomorrow. Some of their things take until the next day to show because Nintendo.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Exactly one week after I buy eShop cards at Target. Typical.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Echophonic posted:

RIP Nintendo eShop. It was nice while it lasted.

What's this, then?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I just bought Citizens of Earth tonight and I got my survey and coins.

How is it?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

greatn posted:

Obviously Wii Party U is the best game available, it costs the most points.

It's because it comes with a pack-in downloadable wiimote and gamepad stand.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Quest For Glory II posted:

I remember when toys were just toys and you rammed them into other toys going "blam blam arrrgh im gonna get you"

My kids do this with my amiibo. It's like Nintendo world war in my living room. Snapped Link's arm right off, but that's a matter of a hobby drill and a paper clip to fix, so whatever.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

CJacobs posted:

Just an update, I really like casual-style puzzle games and Pushmo looked good (although I've heard that the bigger brother, Pushmo World, gets batshit hard) so I bought it on the spot. Thanks for the suggestions chaps :)

Crashmo is also really good when you're done with Pushmo.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

noirstronaut posted:

If there was a group of friends, you wouldn't get the loud, annoying one, but you'd get the one that doesn't do anal.

Keep posting.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Wow, all of those look great!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

The Machine posted:

At this point I've spent more on DLC than I have on the game.

That is pretty hosed up, given the cost of the game.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

The Lobster posted:

This is kind of out there, but is there a forum/thread for goons who are creating their own board games?

Yup!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

pnumoman posted:

Someone please say yes because I bought it already.

Well, is it good?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

The Orange Mage posted:

I can't believe Mario is loving dead.

Capt. Lou held a place in all of our hearts.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I never played any of the Battle Network games. Is there a reason not to just start at the beginning?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

RichterIX posted:

Club Nintendo finally shipped my cartridge holder reward! It's only been like 3 months since I ordered it!

I got the email for that today, but when I went to the mailbox it was already here.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Aw, I just finished Shantae a couple days ago. It was fun.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Apparenty NOA put a banner on the Wii U eShop that may have spoiled the additional "beat the average" Humble Bundle games: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, The Swapper, Ultratron, Sportsball.

I bought Sportsball. It's all right, for Joust. Not worth the money they ask normally, IMO. It has no online play and no single player AI. It's entirely couch-based multiplay. TooDX said they were still looking at updating things on it, but that was six months ago, so...

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Shin'en finally posted some screens from Fast Racing Neo, however many years after announcing the game: http://fast.shinen.com/neo/

poo poo yeah.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I'll buy Blaster Master.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Saoshyant posted:

Finally, Streets of Rage 2.

I just read a NintendoLife review for Ninja Battle Heroes. While it's got a shovelware price, it's apparently good fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtfXf5h06Yc

This guy is onto something. The game has some legs and some pretty good challenges: time attack, combo, overall kills on a per-level basis, and something like 30 skills, up to 6 of which can be equipped at a time, each that can be bought up with XP. It could use another level of movement control depth, but it's pretty interesting as-is, as you attack the foreground and background at the same time and it's pretty well overrun with enemies. Music is poo poo repetitive, the story is bad, but the 3d is good, and the price is great!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

less laughter posted:

Shin Megami Tensei 4

Nothing good, just shovelware crap I don't bother mentioning in this thread anymore.

:iceburn:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Here's your SmileBASIC update, you filthy animals: http://smilebasic.com/en/whatsnew/

I have no good reason to be excited about this, but I am.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

You know it's true and a real thing because when you Google "digitally licensed content" you get hundreds of results. Hundreds!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

epitasis posted:

if DLC means downloadable content then literally everything is DLC including retail games, mods and bugfixes

WAKE UP PEOPLE
AND LOOK
AT LIFE
AROUND YOU

I see you, Waluigi. You're not fooling anybody.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Are we expecting any cool sales or anything tomorrow in the US? Because I've got a chunk of eshop credit burning a hole in my wallet and the poo poo I want never goes on sale, but it would absolutely do so if I bought it the night before.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Already got it.

E: What I really need is some games that have got single-cart download play, so I can get some games going with my nephew. Preferably ESRB E10 or below.

Fix fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Sep 24, 2015

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

If you like that you should check out the official Sonic twitter @sonic_hedgehog, that thing turned into a meme machine a few months back.

Sonic is a pointless meme machine? How could this have happened?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

When's the last time we had an honest-to-god sale? Was it during the summer, or was it the smash titles promotion?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

SRM posted:

I hope when I die, somebody will draw art of my cartoon characters crying around a grave

Gotcha covered.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

SRM posted:

You're good people, Fix

Maybe, but with time and medication, the doctors say the other voices will go away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

noirstronaut posted:

i'd put my dick in a dreamcast

We'd all put your dick in a dreamcast.