Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

elf help book posted:

Now I have to consider the weird idea of using coins on Mario 3 just so I can wait and buy it at a discount on Wii U.

I did that for Mario 64 since I figure it's only a matter of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

They might want to do one of their "And it's available, right now as of this Nintendo Direct, only on the eShop" with a few titles instead. E3 is next week and they have at least one Direct do deliver before it starts.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Anybody should be able to use that code.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

I was thinking about getting Metroid II but was torn because it would mean earning coins right before the yearly cut-off, and I already have platinum. So, sure :)

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

loudog999 posted:

I just PMd you, let me know if it works, I am curious
It said the code's already been used, unfortunately. Maybe you could email them and they'll refund your coins?

homeless snail posted:

You don't earn the coins until you do the surveys, and at this point your registration survey won't expire until July. Go crazy.

I'm at zero coins, though; was planning on hoping they had to manually update their game offerings while relying on an automated gold/plat status tracking. That way I could quickly put in codes for 150 points' worth and have it count for gold next year, and scoop up Metroid II also before they changed it over.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

loudog999 posted:

poo poo, I sent you the code that I used when I actually bought the game, PMing you another right now. Sorry about that.

That one worked, thanks!

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Doesn't the Wii U's internet browser work when you're playing a game no matter what, just like on the 3DS?

Right, it just pauses the game.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Dragon Quarter is the only good Breath of Fire game.

I think you will find most people disagree and prefer the fourth one, or the third.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

The new one looks like a classic DKC title.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Chance posted:

I recently finished Steamworld the Dig on 3ds. I can't seam to find any info anywhere, but is there anything to do after you beat the game? I went back and collected everything I could see with the metal detector, but is that it? It was a fun game, I guess I was just hoping for some new game plus or something.

Go back and do it better, it's more of a score/time attack for successive runs. I was hoping to start over with all my endgame gear but alas :(

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Klaus Kinski posted:

If I grab a larger SD card, can I just copy over the stuff to the new one in windows?

e: oops, this is not the 3ds thread.

Yeah, you can.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Isn't there supposed to be a second DLC case that they're not releasing outside of Japan because apparently it won't make sense to westerners? I'm really curious as to what was in it that they had so much trouble translating.

On that note, I've always found it odd that the games are clearly set in Japan but all the characters talk about it like the US and react bizarrely to anything Japanese turning up.

I thought the entire premise for the series' crazy trial format is that it's some new Japanese court system overhaul designed to chew through the case backlogs and ensure a speedy decision.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

That makes me realize how much I'd like to play Muramasa on the 3DS.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Chance posted:

Has anyone tried redeeming a Deluxe Digital promotion code in the eshop since the NNID merge onto 3DS?

I just tried today and get errors on both of my systems (107-3106 on Wii U, 011-3106 on 3DS). Calling the nintendo help line was of minimal help, the guy there sounded seasonal. Said they would contact me back/escalate it since he couldn't do anything. 10$ just sitting there mocking me, waiting to be redeemed/spent.

I've not had any problem with it.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

DrManiac posted:

Is anyone else having problems with their cards going through? The eshop keeps refusing the visa debit card that I used before a bunch of times.

You didn't end up using it for a lot of small transactions recently did you? Every year around the Steam sale, lots of people have their cards end up restricted. Call your bank and see if it's got any blocks on it.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

So I assume despite being listed as WiiU it's just a Wii Shop code, right?

I don't know the details for this promotion but F Zero is out for the Wii U.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

I was hoping the 3DS MH3U would go on sale again, they had several $20 sales and I've got two friends who recently got a 3DS that are interested in it.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

The T posted:

I would buy this if the dinosaurs are able to be ridden and raced... in the same races with the horses.

You're playing two different games on the same map, one game is racing horses and the other is hunting horses.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Flameingblack posted:

Resident Evil 4 WiiU complete definitive Game of the Decade edition

I will be buying that and MGS3 forever, as long as they keep re-releasing it.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

The GBA games for 3DS Ambassadors had no color issues that I can remember. It's dumb that owners will probably never get a practical upgrade, and I hope they're not refusing to release them on 3DS just to keep ambassadors happy.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

The blocks look very clearly out of place, like a thing you could interact with somehow. Possibly with the thing you just got.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

What do kids even do when they take a poo poo these days if it's not reading a game manual?

3DS is popular for a reason.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Any good rpgs out after bravely? Finally got around to sending my 3ds in for repairs.

I think next on the list is Bravely Default 2: Bravely Second :v:

In all seriousness there are tons of RPGs across the DS era that I still haven't gotten around to, including all the DQ games, plus the Chrono Trigger remake if you've never done that. The new RPGesque Mario game, Dream Team, wasn't very good.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Could just be a push to get more people using/aware of Miiverse, or make it so they can receive push-software (demos, etc) ahead of E3 and the TGS in a few months.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Yo NA dudes, Ubisoft is doing an eShop sale until July 6: http://blog.ubi.com/nintendo-eshop-summer-sale/

Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag – $20.00
Rayman Legends – $20.00
ZombiU – $22.49(US)/$14.99(CA)

3DS
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Shadow Wars – $7.50

No excuse to not own these games now

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Like a lot of old games the key to Blaster Master while on foot is to build up your powers and then never get hit or you're boned. World 5 is when the visuals and music really take off for a game that's got good visuals and music the whole way, but it's got that giant jackass crab.

You know the grenade trick right?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Well for most of the game getting hit's not a big problem and is the best way to just power through it, there are even enemies that hit you (but die), doing damage (but immediately dropping health refills). Hell if you do get hit from full gun-power, you all but need to get hit a second time then grab some health because the penultimate weapon is really awkward to aim and use.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Jawidar posted:

Is Assassin's Creed 4 worth a look for that price? Haven't heard much about it on Wii U.

Did you burn yourself out on AC3? If no, then go for it. Being a pirate's pretty fun.

Most annoying glitch that's just a generic AC4 glitch is falling through the deck of a ship if you fall from very high up while boarding it or whatever.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

RMZXAnarchy posted:

When no other digital platform charges tax, why should Nintendo?

I'm pretty sure Amazon counts as a digital platform, it's not like they physically ship you copies of kindle books on a CD.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

You can just transfer them yourself, though, unless the system's entirely inoperable.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

I can't see what's listed here for some reason, so here's a c/p from somewhere else:

Mario 3D Land- $19.99
Yoshi's New Island- $29.99
Mario 3- $3.49
Mario 2- $3.49
Punch-Out Featuring Mr. Dream- $3.49
Super Mario 3D World- $39.99
Super Mario Bros. U- $39.99

The VC game prices are valid for 3DS and WiiU both it seems, so that's something.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Neo Helbeast posted:

So, uh, I just accidentally washed my launch 3DS in a tub of laundry. Is there a way to get my games back yet or am I still screwed? I did create a Nintendo ID when that became a thing.

Bowl of rice overnight, see if it starts tomorrow. If it does you probably want to transfer to another unit. If it doesn't, time to call Nintendo.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

Turning the sensitivity up helps as well, but it is an undeniably awkward control scheme until you get used to it and play for a while. Also you may not have found your favorite weapon type yet. (Protip: Cannons suuuuuuuuck uugghhhhh)

I got a great twinbellows cannon early on and it was awesome for many, many chapters. Weapons vary considerably even within a class.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

If you do the points thing, Bayonetta 2 download version intend-to-buy survey is up.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This might be worth a look:

https://eshop.nintendo.net/redeem

Someone was digging around Nintendo's URLs and found this URL: a work-in-progress version of their web eShop portal, and people are reporting that it's already operational in certain countries - if you drop a download code for a Wii U game into the form it'll automatically download on your console.

Sneaky. Maybe they'll have a proper account system backing your purchases, too, sometime.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

lol if you aren't slowly rebuying your childhood NES collection on Amazon and eBay

Do you really have room to laugh if you ever lost yours in the first place?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Kirios posted:

I don't have a 3DS until the New 3DS comes out and I still bought Link Between Worlds and Kid Icarus Uprising. How dumb am I?

You forgot Monster Hunter 4

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Discount Viscount posted:

DKC2 is designed such that if you know what you're doing you can tear through most of the levels without stopping, and that's really satisfying.

A lot of the gimmicks in DKC3 are ones that force you to stop moving and wait.

I like DKC3 a lot and I think the whole cove setting or whatever it could be called is interesting. They do a lot of fun things with the game. But the level design in DKC2 is clearly far above either of the others.

That absurd DKC2 flow makes it fun as hell to replay those levels whenever.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Minrad posted:

gently caress, all this Chrono Trigger music added to Theatrhythm but no Zeal music???

Welp, time to spend some money. They added more I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

SelenicMartian posted:

Welp, Nintendo gave me that promo the same day I got paid.
I can craft for the cat, right?

You can directly craft for the cat then bring two other cats along, and there's a more traditional RPG skill wrangling system for the cats. Creating weapons for your main guy yields bonus parts for cat items in addition.