Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Runner 2 is also worth checking out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zeeman posted:

Can someone tell me about these Kirby games? KDL3 is a regular Kirby game, Super Star is a bunch of different games, and Dream Course is...golf? Are they all actually worthwhile?

Kirby Super Star is like a regular Kirby game broken up into multiple separate Kirby games. I think they're all worth it but Super Star if you have to choose.

There's also an improved version of Super Star on the DS.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Donkey Kong 94 is a must. It's also available for 100 coins on Club Nintendo right now.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spiffster posted:

Can it be played solely on the game pad or does it have to be played with the TV along with it?

It can be played just on the pad.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The GB games have somewhat wonky jumping controls but are still awesome and worth playing.

I think they have some of the most interesting worlds of any Mario game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Get Crashmo if you liked Pushmo.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

To be fair, none of those games are 30 cents anymore.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

jivjov posted:

Has Mario Kart 7 ever gone on some kind of discount or sale? I'm really considering picking it up to 1) tide me over til 8, and 2) just have a portable mario kart, but if there's a possibility of getting it cheaper I'll wait.

The closest thing is Target doing a buy 2 games get one 1 free thing right now.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Was Cave Story 3D any good? I want Cave Story on my 3DS but already have + on Steam.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

romanowski posted:

my favorite is how a lot of early DS games had the initials DS in their titles, like dawn of sorrow and other ones that I can't think of off the top of my head

They still do it sometimes. Kirby Triple Deluxe (Kirby 3D).

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spacebump posted:

Is the first Yoshi's Island the only good Yoshi's Island/Story game?

Pretty much. I liked Story and the 3DS one isn't as bad as people say but they're both poo poo compared to the SNES one. Hopefully Yarn Yoshi is good.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Purple D. Link posted:

I hate anything that makes you spin the stick because I swear that messes it up. My GCN control stick has never felt "right" since Sonic Riders...

I never hurt my hand too bad playing MP1 but my N64 controllers are still bleeding powder from the control sticks.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

epsilon posted:

Anyone have a code I can bum? I'm so close to free Kirby 2, it defined my childhood :(

PM me if you're feeling generous!

PM'd you.

How's 1001 Spikes? I love tough but fair platformers and was thinking of picking it up.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Austrian mook posted:

Super Mario Kart is a racing game focused on mechanics, Mario Kart 8 is focused on spectacle and a more party setting, if that makes sense. They're 2 games I love a lot for completely different reasons.

How so? 8 has pretty much the same mechanics even down to the coin collecting.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spacebump posted:

Don't even consider buying the NES Donkey Kong for 3ds VC. This improves on it in every way. (except lack of color) I wish Nintendo would make a Donkey Kong '14.

I'm still mad about Donkey Kong+ being cancelled. It would have let you make your own levels.:(

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

greatn posted:

Ha, for $12 I might actually buy that dumb Pac Man WiiU game, why not. Also how is the Star Fox port? What does it have in terms of new content and modes if anything?

You can save between missions, optional tilt controls, a new score mode and the graphics are way better. The voice acting is new too but it keeps the spirit of the original.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

C-Euro posted:

Is Star Fox worth it at $30? I played the everloving poo poo out of that game on the N64, which is a point both for and against spending $30 to do it again.

You can find a physical copy for $20 on Groupon sometimes. They seem to offer it every other week. Check clearance sections of stores too. Toys R Us was selling them for $12 a month or two ago.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

homeless snail posted:

What timezone is an eshop midnight launch anyway, eastern?

Yes, they release at midnight Eastern.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA dudes, the Resident Evil games are on sale again:

Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U) -$15.99
Resident Evil Revelations - $8.99
Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D - $7.99

How's the Wii U version of Revelations?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Flash drives aren't really meant for constant reading and writing but I've been using one for a year and no problems yet. You can also copy and back up most saves.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It's pretty much the same game but with more things and better graphics so yes. There's also a demo on the eShop for the golden retriever version.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Supercar Gautier posted:

So if you pre-order on the website, advance download codes get sent out about a week from now. It's not clear when the direct eShop method goes live.

The direct eShop method is live now so you can start downloading it.

The NA version of the game is 15.4 GB.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

My mistake, it actually says 15.6 GB but it's downloading only 12 for me so I'm not sure what's up with all the different sizes.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

less laughter posted:

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse might, just like its predecessor did for the DS for the first time

That game looks like it may have the opposite problem.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

less laughter posted:

SMA3 (Yoshi's Island) has a bunch of new levels not found in the SNES version.

That one is already on the eShop. All the Advance games have some things that the originals didn't have but it still doesn't make up for cropped screen view and lovely sound.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

VladimirLeninpest posted:

Kind of a weird question, but does anyone know if Super Mario Advance 2 has the terrible lag that the normal SNES version has? I'm down to muscle memory with that game and the lag throws me off and makes it very unenjoyable. I know it's not my TV because it's on the gamepad also. I'd hate to spend $8 on another unplayable version, but I really want to accessible for off screen play!

What slowdown? Is there something wrong with the Wii U version?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It's very good and a must if you ever enjoyed NES games. I like it on Wii U best for it's Dark Souls-like messaging feature but it's pretty much the same on everything.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Beef Waifu posted:

Anybody here need a MONHUN code or am I just gonna hold these last two?

I'd love another for my cousin that put 300 hours into 3U. Seanmcbay @ gmail.com

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Space Fish posted:

My 3DS has two internet connections saved, yet it remembers the wifi for the hotel I'm staying at.
How many connections does a 3DS really save? Or is this a corporate fringe benefit?

It's 3 but it'll automatically log on to Nintendo Zone affiliated hotspots too.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Brian Fellows posted:

Can you get games for systems you don't own yet and redeem them when you buy the system?

I'll probably get a Wii U later this year and I'd love to get Earthbound and Super Metroid.

Yes since they just give you codes to redeem. Just make sure you get the system before they expire.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

duckfarts posted:

Do digital purchases no longer get coins? I'm 35 short of 800.... :smith:

They should still. I got a post play survey for Wario Land 2 that I got last week after the shutdown announcement.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ultigonio posted:

I own every single one of those except NSMB2 and Concentration Training, and I absolutely do not want to get NSMB2, at all. Also it said I already registered my DSi but then gave me a 100-coin survey and now I'm just like I'll take it I guess?????

Concentration Training is actually awesome and worth looking at. It's challenges are mind melting and it has a ton of bonus games. It's also the only of these "brain training" games that I've played that I've actually felt some benefit from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Et_iDZK4Ec

Don't you want to be like this guy?;)

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 4, 2015

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bob Socko posted:

Even though I've owned a Wii U for over a year, I never looked into the Nintendo Club until recently. I only linked my console last night. It looks like some of my downloaded games should have surveys attached, but they aren't showing up on the Nintendo Club site. Do I need to do anything for them to show up, like launch those games? Do I just wait a couple of days? Or do surveys only show up for future digital purchases?

They unfortunately only show up if the the system was linked to CN before download.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Niemat posted:

Is it a good use of my Club Nintendo coins to get 3D Land if I already have 3D World...? Or would I be better off just getting Earthbound and Dr. Luigi?

If you care about 3D effects and want a game that's just a bit worse then 3D World then yes. I still think 3D World has the best 3D on the 3DS.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I liked Sticker Star more then most here but it's still the worst of the Paper Mario games and it's cheap to find. KI: U is an amazing game with a lot of replay value and it's physical version is out of print.

DKR is a great choice. It's got a lower frame rate then the Wii version but it doesn't have waggle controls and has some extra levels.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Here's a CN code for a 3DS XL: TAKEN

Ultigonio posted:

So I got Concentration Training and I can do fast 2-back on calculations without even thinking but as soon as it hits 3-back, I just burst into flames.

Stick with it. It felt impossible at first but now I can do 5-back. gently caress devilish listening though.:suicide:

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 8, 2015

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I think I registered it? Said it didn't qualify for a survey.

A lurker may have taken it first.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fremry posted:

I definitely hate the 3DS eShop. It's so hard to find anything.

Anybody have any 3DS recommendations? I'm really not into jrpgs or really most rpgs in general. I've played a bunch of the first party games (Star Fox, Kirby triple deluxe, Super Mario 3D Land, Ocarina of Time, A Link Between Worlds, Kid Icarus Uprising, Pilotwings, MK7, DK Returns). The OP in the 3DS thread isn't particularly helpful.

Majora's Mask.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Do the existing 3ds sega 3d classics give club coins for purchase and post play still?

I ask because they are digital only and it would be nothing for nintendo to flip the "give coins" switch. I just need 15 more coins to reach gold :negative:

Ones released before Jan 20 of this year should still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Balcony posted:

I loved the first mighty switch force when it came out on 3ds, and then after the second one came out I drunkenly downloaded the same one again on wii u by mistake - thinking hyper drive was the second one. Now I will be downloading the real second one! And some megadrive 3D games!

Hyper Drive has different graphics and more content then the first on 3DS so you didn't completely waste your money. I'm really digging it so far.

Between all the sales and Club Nintendo prizes, I now have way too many games to play now. Thanks Nintendo.:argh: