Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
So uh, has anyone tried the new Senran Kagura game? I'm interested to know your take on it, especially if you've played the first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply.

Now I'm wondering why I can't delete Fantasy Life--which I have a digital copy of--while preserving the save data. It won't let me do a backup, and other sites and posts say things like "It's just one of those games, like Animal Crossing, that won't let you backup save data."

But the 3DS let me back up the save data as I deleted it. :confused:

When I go to delete Fantasy Life, it just says "You're going to lose the game AND the save data."

Is there any way around this? :(

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Holy heck, why did I only just find out about Samurai Chronicles 3?!

I'm such a huge KOEI fan, and I missed it! Then again, I'm terrible about following game hype, and it seems to be an eshop only release??

So, how is it? I mean, I might end up impulse buying it before anyone responds, but I'd still love some input.

Edit: Looking at some reviews, I'm surprised to see mediocre reviews all around, so I'll wait before impulse buying...

Morter fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Sep 22, 2015

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Original_Z posted:

I'd imagine any Warriors fan to be used to seeing their games get constant mediocre reviews, the gaming press overall isn't a big fan of them. You already know if you like the games or not.

No you're right, i'll certainly like the gameplay, but a lot of things are blaming 3DS mechanics. I don't know if that just means 'it's not pretty enough', or if it means 'there's enough slowdown and lack of enemies on screen to make this not as fun'.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Anora posted:

You may have.

Also I thought you would have already had Senran 2 by now.

Nothing will stop a true fan from attaining their Life and Hometown. :heysexy:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
The stupid amount of accessory customization has given me this stupid idea.

Big Boss Homura :3:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Help Im Alive posted:

That looks exactly like Big Boss

Do you know how many more sales MGS5 would get if Big Boss was really a heavy-chested ninja high-schooler? :allears:

But no if 'character customization/dress-up' is your thing, I'd suggest looking into SK2

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
WiiU only :negative:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Question about Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3: When you play story missions for the first time, do you always have to pick the character you created (big sword guy/dual sword lady)? Or do you have more choice over who you can choose?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I might end up passing on it then. Bought SW4-2 on a whim, which also has character switching, although unlike the base game they make you go through each chapter in a campaign with the same predertmined character. It's making the game feel slightly more monotonous than it has to be, and I realize I'll lose patience quickly having to play with the same generic Chronicle CAWs again. =(

Thanks for the heads up.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Right around the time Mario characters started throwing around bigoted slurs, I guess.

Do you mean Bowser in Mario Kart? Or is there something else i'm missing.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Ooh, Legend of Legacy looks neat.

Who knows, it might be a jRPG I'll actually finish for o--who am I kidding :negative:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Chu Chu Roketto Neko wa kowai :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga62uiXbEjI

(The blood and gore always make me go :raise:)

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I want to highly recommend Resident Evil: Revelations.

That said, if I'm not at all an Etrian Odyssey fan, but really really liked the (2D) pokemon mystery dungeons, is the Etrian Mystery Dungeon game worth getting?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Dr. Fetus posted:

Nope. Stick with PMD. EMD is worse.

Crap, that really sucks to hear. What's so bad about it?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
drat it. Went to check out Etrian Mystery Dungeon, mistakenly thinking the sale ended the 4th not the 2nd. It's for the best, I guess :(

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

SelenicMartian posted:

I might spend a penny if they get the entire line on TWEWY pins there.

Oh man, imagine?! :flashfap:

Help Im Alive posted:

I bought some free plays

:raise:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Oh drat, I just played and returned Etrian Odyssey. A new PMD that might not suck? :woop:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Oh snap, I can get the physical and digital copies of Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon for the same price tomorrow (thanks, Amazon Prime).

Any word on what the physical copies might come with?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

wall monitor posted:

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon is... not terrible, so far. I dunno if it'll get good or not, but two hours in I think I can pronounce it 'not terrible' at least.

I'm actually finding it rather charming! Then again, I've never really had a problem with the writing/presentation of any of the PMDs, and I played the DS ones to death (I played some of the GBA, but not enough to get into the story).

I'm on chapter 4 or 5 and it feels a little 'on rails', but I also understand there are a lot of mechanics to mystery dungeon games.

Still, it's otherwise given as Babby's First Roguelite, and I feel especially bad, having given up on Etrian Mystery Dungeon and yet enjoying this. :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
So I want to buy the picrite pack in Pokemon Picross, which is 25 and change after taxes, and I have $4.68 in my wallet

But there's no "needed funds" button when I want to purchase it. I can only add $10 or $20.

So I'm wondering: If I go to buy something that's $24.99 in the nintendo eshop, just to add funds, is there a step for me to back out of actually purchasing the software? As in

*Try to buy $24.99 thing* -> "You don't have enough money. Add funds?" -> *Add needed funds* -> *Purchase/download product*

Between the last two steps, I'm thinking there might be a way to do that? But I don't want to risk it and buy something I don't want at all (I checked: all items for $25 are weird rear end baby/pet games).