Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Island Nation posted:

She’s from UCF. History isn’t their strong suit given their ideas on NCAA titles.

lollllll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
These nerds don't watch TV.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Gaunab posted:

These nerds don't watch TV.

Or know how to wager.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I'm catching up on old episodes and holy poo poo was that Andrews idiot loving terrible.

Who sees a color photo of someone and guesses it's Charles Lindbergh?

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

A very young adult.
Yeah, it's a pro-tier bad guess, and these kids are generally pretty smart, but it's pretty hard not to have pretty big gaps in you ur knowledge base at that age.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

PT6A posted:

Or know how to wager.
I was really happy at that $5k DD bet last night

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
To think: the margin of victory today was knowing that humans have only one heart...

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

PT6A posted:

To think: the margin of victory today was knowing that humans have only one heart...

Nothing against her, but she didn’t deserve to win after an answer like that so I’m glad that turned out the way it did.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The Marvel category was pure advertisement.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Barbara Bush's death cut in right in the middle of final jeopardy so could someone tell me who won?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Hannah won buy a dollar.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
watching Jeopardy as normal, then about 7:50 during double jeopardy they cut away to breaking news

Barbara Bush died

Lester Holt talked about her a few minutes, then around 7:57 they went back to Jeopardy after Final Jeopardy was over, and we got to watch the closing credits

Barbara Bush was an old lady and they announced days ago she was gonna die soon because she stopped medical intervention

why the gently caress did we need a 5 minute news interruption that interrupted the most important part of Jeopardy for this?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Jeopardy is mostly watched by olds, and nothing is more important to olds than learning they outlived other, more famous olds

it was a good call

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
My favorite part was Alex talking about how the contestants got through the categories so fast they he had some time to kill before the Final.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
so why did they do the disclaimer before final jeopardy today

that the clues are randomly chosen before the contestants

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Ein cooler Typ posted:

so why did they do the disclaimer before final jeopardy today

that the clues are randomly chosen before the contestants

I'm guessing because the category skewed fairly strongly toward European Christianity, and it would've been a bad look if a white person got it right, and two people of colour got it wrong.

As it is: not an issue.

It could also be a question of relative difficulty between the semi-finals. Granted both today's and yesterday's FJ categories sounded (and had the possibility to be) difficult as all gently caress, but were quite easy.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Do you think they would give a disclaimer if three white people got a a category about the Qur'an

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Do you think they would give a disclaimer if three white people got a a category about the Qur'an

No. They might if there were one Muslim and two non-Muslims, and it's even more likely they would if there was one Muslim of Arab descent and the question was specifically about the Qu'ran in Arabic.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
how many of the white kids on the show do you think speak Vulgar Latin

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
You've got a weird gimmick.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
https://twitter.com/jtylerconway/status/987405607140560897?s=21

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Not as good as the most recent ToC's finals robot dancing intro last year

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Willam's smile is seriously freaking me out.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

people who just bare their teeth instead of actually smile need to be driven into the sea.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

YMCA intro this time

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
It’s a sign of simian aggression

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

It's no "spiciest memelord" but I guess "That's All Folks!" works as well. Congrats, Druhv!

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
shocked they had a whole category with RuPaul

but as Family Feud has shown us, not even game shows are family friendly anymore

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

ECT you need to take a holiday and recharge your chi or something, your trolling has gotten incredibly weak

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Jesus Christ, I thought that FJ was so easy that no one could possibly get it wrong, but I was incorrect.

Is that really how little Americans know about Canada?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

dude I live in the US and whenever it comes up that I'm from Nova Scotia I'd say about half the time people have absolutely no idea what or where that is. I might as well start saying I'm from Gallifrey

also thank God Randy lost he was the loving worst. Austin minus any of the charisma

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Soothing Vapors posted:

also thank God Randy lost he was the loving worst. Austin minus any of the charisma

WHAT IS VOLUME CONTROL :haw:

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Randy was a Wheel of Fortune contestant who wandered onto the wrong set

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Vulture Culture posted:

I hate that my options for the 30 minutes before Jeopardy are Big Bang Theory or Wheel of Fortune. I mean I could do something else, but then I'll just get caught up and forget to watch Jeopardy.

sunnyboy
May 10, 2011

Hawkmen Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!
Yes on Randy.

Also, "Swiss Army" is not the brand. The brand is Victorianox. "Swiss Army" is a type of knife they sell, though now it seems to be a line of stuff they carry, but it's still not the brand name.

Like calling the auto brand "Mustang". It's Ford, and Mustang is a model they sell. There is a difference, but maybe not in the heads of the new lame writers, who are more concerned with making bad puns out of the category headings that writing decent questions.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

I hate that my options for the 30 minutes before Jeopardy are Big Bang Theory or Wheel of Fortune. I mean I could do something else, but then I'll just get caught up and forget to watch Jeopardy.

Do you not have DVR?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

WHAT IS VOLUME CONTROL :haw:

Vulture Culture posted:

lol x 2

Iron Crowned posted:

as much as I love me some High Stakes Hangman from time to time, Wheel of Fortune is basically why Hulu exists

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
everytime i think im really smart for winning at HQ, i look at the Jeopardy try out page test. how do these people know so god drat much about the most banal poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I'm one episode behind so let me just say thank gently caress Randy is gone.

Also I'm pretty sure Jen answered like 10 questions all game but because she got them all right instead of constantly throwing out random poo poo like those other two morons she ended up winning.