Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Perfidus posted:

I don't get all this Chu poo poo. His tactics are something you see relatively often with 3+ day champs. I think the whole reason this pudgy jerk is getting the attention is because of the tie bid and the fact he routinely cuts off and annoys Trebek.

Yeah I've been watching him and while he's kind of annoying, I never expected to see people talking about him, or articles saying he "broke" Jeopardy. He's only been there four days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

One of these students is wearing a bow tie with a sweatshirt. And he's from Texas A&M to boot. I really hate this guy.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I told my friends that Terry looks like Paris Hilton and they think I'm crazy.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

escape artist posted:

What was the clue? "Initials for the title of this controversial political song by a pioneering rap group does not stand for File Transfer Protocol."

A Public Enemy song with a three word title and an anti-authority message.

It might not have said anti-authority, but something similar.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I'm pretty sure Arthur would have had to risk an irrational amount to beat the single day record. Alex can't add apparently.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Echo Chamber posted:

Did they get to see the photo?

It's LBJ.

Yeah that was pretty clear. Are they looking at a low resolution screen or something?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I need to stop checking the thread as I'm watching the episodes.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I'm glad Deborah lost today. She was so annoying.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Amy's story about visiting state capitols today was hilarious.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

"The Soup" ragged on last week's winner for several things, but I thought their clip of her appearing to chew out Alex at the end of the show was especially funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GrdXzeFUG4
I saw that on The Soup and thought for sure they would show her sad state capitols interview. Thankfully someone uploaded it to Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55md65bkHUE&t=54s

I hope she keeps winning. She reminds me of Millie from Freaks and Geeks.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

GhostStalker posted:

Based off of her current win streak, I can't help but think about something the head Contestant Coordinator mentioned to us potential contestants in the Jeopardy Green Room before our tapings regarding a champion that taped after Arthur Chu but hadn't aired yet and her eventual win streak... Sandie might be the person she hinted at...

Can't mention what exactly she said, due to NDAs and stuff, along with potential spoilers about unaired episodes, but her performance makes me keep thinking about it now...

Guess not :(

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I just turned on Jeopardy and the first thing I heard was "What is getting shot in the face.... By Dick Cheney?". I wish I heard the clue for that one.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

GhostStalker posted:

Yeah, I just saw as well... drat, guess I'll have to wait to see who she was referring to...

I guess it was probably Julia? She's up to seven days now. It's pretty crazy that just the third and fourth women to ever break 5 games have been in the same month.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

:lol: the review over the break put the game away for Julia.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Man, that game was pretty crazy for Roger Craig. Interesting wagers at the end, too.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

zakharov posted:

Don't forget that they take 4 wild cards to the next round, so the 0 wager for Leszek makes sense. $15k should give him a good chance of advancing.

Ah, right. Craig's wager was smart, too, then.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Well, tomorrow is going to be a hell of a showdown.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

drat, that was a sad ending. If only Roger didn't miss his daily double or if Ken didn't miss FJ. :(

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Did Julia let out a "Yesss" under her breath when she hit the daily double today? That was kind of funny. I think she did it yesterday too.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Steve's reaction to every time he gets beat on the buzzer is hilarious.

Also, "What is a booby" :haw:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

so did she lose her job because of Jeopardy?

They should start introducing her as "an aspiring supply chain professional" after that episode.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Sad to see Julia lose, though I'm glad that it didn't come down to one question. When I saw the FJ category, I thought she would surely get it right (or at least if she missed it, the other guy would too). I was worried she was going to lose because of that bad double jeopardy answer that she probably should have guessed correctly.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Pro (Canadian) football player on today!

Edit: well that was a disappointing performance. And I can't believe he missed a college nickname FJ question.

wa27 fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 3, 2014

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

What was the deal where Alex was presenting some dude a certificate or something before FJ? Just caught a glimpse with no sound.

Alex was receiving the Guinness world record for most game show episodes hosted by one person.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Lots of sassy Trebek in today's episode.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I was wondering if today was GhostStalker's episode but the forums were still down. It was pretty nerve-wracking watching those hard swings! Sorry you didn't win. :(

I only knew one of the "Internet Slang" answers. :negative:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Wow, that wager was infuriating.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Erin really needs to stay calm. :stare:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

PrincessKate posted:

Chu is promoting a kickstarter for a documentary about himself. The makers claim they have gotten "unprecedented access" to the show. It might be interesting if this actually happens to get a little more behind the scenes look at the show: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/876040404/who-is-arthur-chu

Whatever; give me a documentary about Julia.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

The Ghostbusters category was pretty easy apart from $200, which was a one-off joke from the sequel. I didn't even remember it until Alex said the answer. Kind of a strange choice.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Matthew on today's episode is pretty funny.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

:lol: you know final jeopardy went poorly when Alex says you made a "serious mistake."

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Go Julia and Arthur, gently caress Sandie.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

poor Julia :(

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Oh man I didn't realize Terry was in this tournament. :swoon:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

timp posted:

One more piece of Ben Ingram trivia: his favorite TV show of all time is Sanford and Son. He used to ask such a high volume of Sanford and Son trivia questions that I actually had to start doing some research on the show. Seriously, there was at least one S&S question per week out of 50 questions, and sometimes he'd even do an entire round of S&S questions.

I read some of his reddit AMA and his username was Red Foxx related, and he referenced a Red Foxx bit at least one time. So yeah, that's not surprising.

I'll be happy if Ben wins but I think I still gotta root for Julia in the final.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Julia made some BIG PLAYS today with those Daily Doubles. Too bad Ben didn't miss FJ to keep it closer tomorrow.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

It's a shame that Julia didn't have enough to stay in it at the end, but I can't feel bad about Ben winning. He seems like a great guy!

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

HookShot posted:

How the gently caress do you NOT get Spice Girls as the answer to that FJ?

I can say that girl groups didn't even enter my mind for some reason. Must have been the comparison to the Beatles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I think the guy on the right side stole the Jeopardy pen today! Watch him at the end of the game.

Also, has there ever been an easier poetry question for FJ?

wa27 fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Dec 16, 2014