Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Ah yes, notable fighter plane the SR-71.

They tried to make an interceptor out of it:Lockheed YF-12.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

lilly owns and i would bro out w/ her any day

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

HookShot posted:

That is loving awful.

Doesn't stage 4 mean by definition the cancer has spread to other parts of the body, too?

yes. gently caress cancer.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Regarding Monday's episode:

So Monday's Jeopardy leaked. My preferred outcome doesn't happen, but it's close.

RoastBeef fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 27, 2019

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Duckman2008 posted:

My wife and I are opposite, we watch every night, and now it’s just like, we don’t care if we miss an episode.

Same.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Apparently not:

Spokes posted:

We were specifically told (July 2019 taping, so perhaps they codified it recently) that the five banned wagers were 14, 88, 1488, 666, and 69. Someone asked about 420 and Maggie was just like “ayyyyyyy”

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Do we know how many episodes are filmed?

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

:lmao:

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

I don't think I can watch until this chud loses.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

I don't know if other stations do this, but WABC airs a repeat (today's was s36e137) in the afternoon. I've been watching those instead of oz.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

That was the easiest triple stumper I've ever seen (at least in a tournament of champions.)

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

This is the lowest stakes thing ever but I am prepared to die mad over the fact that bravo is a television channel, not a television network.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

I love trivial* triple stumpers.

* For a show written and filmed in LA there's a whole lot of NYC trivia that I wouldn't expect anyone ten miles west of me to know let alone three thousand miles west of me.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

:psyboom:

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

I watch it live-ish - I start watching at ~7:07, which is usually enough slack to skip all of the commercials and the interviews.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Minor and really pointless question but am I wrong in thinking that Short Hills, NJ is an incredibly obscure answer?

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Timby posted:

Not wrong at all. The clue-writing continues to be abysmal this year and probably won't get any better until they go on summer hiatus and re-tool the show, selecting a permanent host, a permanent executive producer, the whole nine yards.

It's just one of those hyper specific things - I live basically next door; have heard conductors announce "this is station stop Short Hills, Short Hills!" about a thousand times and have spent entirely too much time at the Short Hills Mall (sorry ... The Mall at Short Hills) while I was growing up but I can't Image anyone from farther away than like Manhattan having ever heard of it.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

I had it before Ken finished reading the answer but I also bought some "made in Bangladesh" clothing this week so maybe I was primed or something.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Rough chuckle at "recorded on January 11th."

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Oof and that was an easy 2000 clue to at least get positive at the end.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

OK I hate Ken now.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

RC and Moon Pie posted:

After a contestant missed with "Roy Kroc," then the next contestant getting it right with just "Kroc" not mentioning that it's Ray Kroc and that's why the contestant was wrong.

And that smug look she gives after every question like she actually knows it.

Did love Karim saying that his parents were from Ethiopia and New Jersey, both developing nations.

Well he did fail miserably. All I can really ask for.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

If an admiral is at Waterloo poo poo has gone very wrong.

quote is not edit: It probably wouldn't help to much for jeopardy prep except for this exact clue but the Aubrey–Maturin books are very good. Pride and Prejudice and Naval combat.

RoastBeef fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 2, 2022

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

That final was obscure.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

I am and have lived in the city and had no idea Broadway left Manhattan let alone went half again north of the Bronx. Insert the xkcd about everyday 10000 people learn some fact &c.&c.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Pound is not a unit of mass!

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

That was dire.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

How are the various Oranges a reasonable Jeopardy clue?

e. lol Phyllis Schlafly

RoastBeef fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 4, 2023

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

I feel like that was the easiest final Jeopardy I've seen in about a year.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

I got it because duh but v and < are typically very different symbols in most typefaces.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

How the poo poo is the PABT a reasonable subject for final jeopardy; who the hell has ever been "awed by its polished steel & stone."

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Yesterday's game was a weird triple stumper.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

THAT IS NoT AN ACRoNYM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

:lmao: owned by Molly Pitcher