Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
Both move on in a tie. There's even been a three-way tie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72zn2KODSsY

I'm not sure about the next game but I think they have a pool of people to draw from, if you make it that far in the casting process they're not going to send you home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
I would've gotten about 40 last night and about 25 tonight. Here's hoping tomorrow's test is an easy one.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
I'm really pissed that I couldn't remember Captain Nemo's name.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
mechanic's panics

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
If that list is right I got 33, and 34 if my congress answer was right (I guessed ways and means). Better than I thought.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
Came home ready to root for Leonard, had the episode on my DVR. All of Jeopardy and a chunk of Double jeopardy was Marco Rubio's response to the state of the union.

At least I got to see Leonard be metal as gently caress.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
David :(

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
Colby's expression when he walked over to Alex at the end was hilarious.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
I'm taking the test on Thursday, but my score on this one would have been 35. I am wondering if the difficulty levels are going to be as different as they were last year.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
When you registered to take the test it should have asked you a series of questions about being on game shows. I think they were "Have you been on Jeopardy?", "Have you auditioned for Jeopardy in the last year?", and then a couple questions about other game shows. If you answered the audition one "yes" I think you can take the test, it just won't advance you if you do well.

That jboard thread with the recording of the test was nifty, took it that way and got 35 again. Now that I've practiced I'm ready to get 49 tomorrow. See y'all at the audition :smug:

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
welp

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
Silent Spring is a really huge deal. As mentioned it is in many ways responsible for the environmental movement as it exists today (for good and bad), but it is also pretty much solely responsible for the popular support for and subsequent implementation of pesticide testing and regulation in the US. As far as classic books it is also very misunderstood; people assume it is anti-pesticide but it's not, Carson was in favor of responsible pesticide use.

So yeah check it out

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

zakharov posted:

Why did that dude bet for a tie?

love

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
Well I couldn't come up with Gibraltar but there were so many questions tonight that I couldn't believe at least one them didn't know.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
Julia's anecdotes are so boring but I love watching her clean up.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

rypakal posted:

I am endlessly amazed that people watch the interview portion of Jeopardy. I'd rather eat glass.

helps you decide who to hate

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
I'm glad I was busy during the other test nights, tonight's was insanely easy for me but I would have done not nearly as well Tuesday or Wednesday. I really need to start reading up on musicals though, there's always musical categories but I don't know anything about them.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

hahah I just caught up on the last few episode sand any of you who don't think she's annoying as poo poo are the gooniest dumbest shits alive. loving Alex encouraging that poo poo.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

Spraynard Kruger posted:

My girlfriend will be on Monday's episode

I'm sorry for her loss

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

zakharov posted:

No? Did I miss something?

He said something like "nobody talks about you looking good" in his story about not wanting to have a dull story and for a second I thought the same thing as Soothing Vapors but it makes sense in context.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
I should probably ask this on the Jeopardy board or something but has anyone here gone to a contestant search? I got invited to one and am curious about the timing of the whole process. I've already RSVPed but in the unlikely chance my goony rear end made it through an in-person audition is there any way to predict when they would schedule an appearance on the show? I'm going to be out of the country for an extended period starting later this year and am curious if I would be able to appear.

e: looked at jboard and there was a thread that had peoples' experiences testing/auditioning and appearing and looks like it varies a lot. Hopefully it works out

Officer Sandvich fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 7, 2016

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
It can be a long time. I took the January 2015 test and got the audition email last month and I auditioned last week.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
Margaret owns

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
i didn't make fun of ghoststalker up to this point because i thought we were just ignoring all the ridiculous jeopardy facebook updates out of politeness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
I wrote down all the interesting stories I could think of for my audition and the guy just asked me about the email address I put on the application