Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

DrBouvenstein posted:

You know that Jeopardy! is syndicated, right? The channel and time varies depending on which station bought the rights in your broadcast area. I'm pretty sure it's even possible to have multiple stations with Jeopardy! I have it at 7:00 EST on NBC.

I have it at 7 on one channel and 7:30 on the other.

What does "there aren't enough jeopardies" mean anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

KilGrey posted:

So you'd be the OCD contestant?

I just remembered, my oral surgeons wife was on Wheel of Fortune and won one show. She got like, $2,000 for the main game, won a trip to Fiji due to a lucky spin and puzzle solving and then won the $25,000 prize. I was irritated as hell because her husband charged me $12,000 for the 20 whole minutes he took to take my wisdom teeth out. Fuckers didn't need that money. :colbert:

Holy poo poo, $12,000 to take out your wisdom teeth?!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

KilGrey posted:

I can't tell if you are 'holy poo poo'ing' because you think that's high or low. It's actually not that bad.

My insurance isn't that good and I just had a wisdom tooth pulled a few months ago for a little over $100. So yeah, that sounds pretty goddamned high.

Sirotan posted:

I love Jeopardy but I always feel bad for the people that don't win, they only get a $2,000 or $1,000 consolation prize. Wheel of Fortune is the game to play for maximum cash potential even though I sometimes feel my IQ lowering as I watch people miss-guess puzzles.

If I remember correctly they used to get whatever they finished with, but then people were reluctant to make risky bids for Final Jeopardy so they just went with the standard loser prizes.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

mattfl posted:

Does anyone remember when on Wheel the contestants used the money their won during the game to buy prizes?? No one I know remembers that, I'm not making that up am I?

No, I remember it too, they'd have like a slow crawl past a room full of prizes and have a little bubble in the corner with the person's face. I think they did a parody of that on Family Guy once, and made me think "Who the hell is going to get this reference?"

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Jack Gladney posted:

I haven't been able to watch in a few weeks, but I recently saw a promo for a talk show interview with a Jeopardy contestant who was supposedly treated unfairly or lost due to a technicality or something. Does anybody know the deal with that story, or where I could find more information? I think I saw the promo around December 18 or so.

I think you're thinking of the Wheel of Fortune contestant who wasn't awarded with solving the puzzle in one round because she pronounced a word as "swimmin'" instead of "swimming".

e: beaten, of course.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Glenn_Beckett posted:

I say reesie's piecies all the time, and I KNOW it's wrong. gently caress y'all. All a y'all.

Why don't you draw a picture of some reesie's piecies with a box of crowns.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

How did nobody get today's Final Jeopardy?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

HookShot posted:

Maybe it's because I'm fluent in French but that totally continued this week's streak of easy FJ questions.

I'm doing the test at 8 Pacific.

You didn't even need to know French really, just some pretty common word roots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

HookShot posted:

Someone correct me if I screwed these up.

Well, guess it was a good thing I didn't bother taking the test, I would've failed that miserably.
While watching the show I feel like I can answer enough of them to at least be competitive if not win, though.