Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

cf1140 posted:

:smuggo: Colby Burnett is on Monday.

Watching Monday just for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Friggin' lightsaber?

I'll give her credit. At least she came up a sci-fi weapon. That's better than the two Easter sweater dudes.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

That guy seemed high or drunk. He gave some outright idiotic answers in addition to the suit remark.

The dude opened with a crack about selfies being his favorite pictures. He might as well have written the word "rear end in a top hat" on his forehead.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

Was Dan wearing a Mockingjay pin?

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

CPColin posted:

I guessed "our brown brothers," so I would not have beaten Ken Jennings.

It took me a minute, but when I thought about Kipling and "controversial phrases," it was the first that came to mind.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

The guy in the black rimmed glasses, beard, and sweater refuses to leave the Bukowski category. Despite clearly knowing nothing about the man's work. Hipsterism in action.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

wa27 posted:

I only knew one of the "Internet Slang" answers. :negative:

To be fair, I don't think I've ever seen anyone use "LD/Line Death" online. Or RDV for that matter.

Props to GhostStalker for holding your own. And doing the rarest of rare Jeopardy feats: having a decent interview segment.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

zakharov posted:

The category was "My Current Government Job" and they were asking about Kathleen Sebelius. She'd resigned since the episode was taped. They put up a graphic saying "Recorded in March 2014."

They're breaking Jeopady-Kayfabe.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

Does Cooper remind anyone else of Karl Pilkington from The Ricky Gervais Show?

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

Sucrose posted:

Two out of three people couldn't figure out what activity might be depicted in something called "Tauro maquia" etched by a Spanish painter?

You watched the 5am rerun too, didn't you?

I could kind of see what Spanish Inquisition guy was thinking. But still...

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

Kind of surprised only one person got Don Quixote. Maybe the "title characters" bit threw them off, but it seemed pretty obvious to me.

P. S. Did Jason remind anyone else of Abdullah the Butcher?

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

FrumpleOrz posted:

That guy's smile was so loving creepy.

He can't be a real person. I'm convinced he's a robot built to host 60's game shows.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

It comes on at 3:30 central time here. I DVR it and usually watch it when I get home.

I do the same thing just outside of KC. Of course, whenever there's breaking news, or the president wants to give a speech, it's pretty much guaranteed to get preempted.

CaligulaKangaroo fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Nov 2, 2014

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

zakharov posted:

The Tournament of Champions beginning next week has to be one of the most anticipated in awhile. You've got the returns of Julia and Arthur, along with many other strong champions. Off the top of my head, I remember Sandie and Ben being especially formidable. Here's your matchups.

Go Arthur, hail Satan, etc

Andrew and Ben had play styles really similar to Arthur Chu. My money's on the three of them for the last round.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

PrincessKate posted:

I fast-forward through the interviews so I don't know anything about him from that.

You missed two insanely over-rehearsed speeches about the people of South Carolina, and beds.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

"After England, more Shakespeare plays are set in this present-day country than in any other."

Country other than England England

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

mennoknight posted:

I GOT THE loving CALL

Kick some rear end in the form of a question!

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

I turn 30 in October *crosses fingers*

Crap, I have to wait 'til November!

Also, Jose is one fancy coat away from a different game show.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

Were all of our math teachers awful? Because I always assumed 1 was a prime number too.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

Mister Kingdom posted:

Tonight's FJ would have killed me.

I actually got it pretty quickly. How the hell am I more up on my baroque composers than basic mathematics!?

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

Pretty sure if you filtered the entire state of Oregon into a single person, you'd get Gina.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

Island Nation posted:

I thought FJ was easy, 1950s foreign born author with multiple V's in the name. Who else could match that description? The surprise for me was how Alex pronounced his last name.

I don't think my answer of Vladamir Nabidontfuckingknowtheguywhowrotelolita would have been accepted.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

Didnt he set a record today? I thought I read he got the third highest single (adult) game win in the show's history. Just under Ken Jennings and Roger Craig (and that Lincoln kid from last year's Kid's Week).

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

Dr Zaius posted:

Does anyone else groan whenever they see a contestant introduced as an actor?

That guy was pretty much Paul Lynde reincarnated, so I'm willing to give him a pass.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

How did Alex make it as a poker player? Dude spent the entire game either visibly pissed off or confused.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

Arturo Ui posted:

Hopefully if I get picked (I've probably passed the test 5-6 times but never advanced any further) they will have sites closer to Michigan than Boston and KC.

I'm shocked there's one in KC. Especially considering the cities that don't get one. Chicago especially. Not that I'm complaining about Jeopardy auditions being within reasonable driving distance, but still...

CaligulaKangaroo fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 16, 2015

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

zakharov posted:

Alex is officially annoying me with his bouncing and his shirts that don't fit.

I just think it's hilarious he only brought two shirts. That, or three shirts that look and fit exactly the same.

Just took the Pacific time test. I studied theatre in college, but I still blanked of the "rotund character appearing in two of Shakespeare's histories and one comedy." I am properly ashamed.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

zakharov posted:

Awesome game. I said Tumblr and was so sure of it though :(

Didn't Yahoo buy both around the same time?

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

Colonial Air Force posted:

What the hell is Greg wearing?

(And where can I get one?)

I think it's German...

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

The guy started twirling his goddamn mustache after he won.

loving hell...

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

Kevin O'Leary posted:

I’m slightly right of Attila the Hun so I appreciate [Ayn Rand's] work.

I don't watch Shark Tank that often. But after reading that interview, Tuesday's Jeopardy got 800000000x better for me.

Also, did anyone else expect Mo Rocca to have a heart attack and/or explode today?

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

They answered four questions in a category about the five senses. Each answer was actually one of the five senses. That last question might as well have been "First person to ring in gets free money."

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

GhostStalker posted:

I guess Alex doesn't know the NATO Phonetic Alphabet, otherwise he probably wouldn't have made that comment about the last category of the Jeopardy round... Since Charlie, Oscar, Whiskey, Sierra = COWS in NATO Phonetic.

Now I feel like a dumbass for not picking up on that.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

Invenerable posted:

They're speeding up a bit as the show progresses, at least. I also like how the "geniuses" for the most part sarcastically respond to Quest's attempts to be intimidating.

Honestly, I can't look at Richard Quest without seeing a really distressed John Oliver.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

mennoknight posted:

I was not a raf fan either. Dude wrote headphones the whole morning and refused to interact with anyone except Maggie.

Did he do that shuffle while he had headphones on? Or was that just during the show?

CaligulaKangaroo fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jun 17, 2015

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

The Human Cow posted:

Brennan legitimately had one of the worst interviews I've ever heard on the show tonight.

He didn't have a great show tonight at all. Painfully awful pre-show interview. Bad Final bet. And have they ever let another contestant answer a missed Daily Double before? But at least he's been on for five games, and that usually means a spot in The Tournament of Champions...

mennoknight posted:

But part of me is like, nooooooooo. I wanted to lose to a 15 time champ.

...just if it's any consolation.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

GhostStalker posted:

Also, can't believe that Ozymandias was a Triple Stumper. And accepting "Charles Shumer" when the clue specifically said that no one calls him Charles made it seem like they either wanted his last name or the nickname. Guess Alex wasn't expecting that either based off of his response to that of the contestant.

Not gonna lie... flustered/irritated Alex was my favorite part of the show. But yeah, I guess those three never took a high school English class. Or read Watchmen.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

R.I.P. Rosie the Riveter. :(

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

Colonial Air Force posted:

I saw her first! :argh:

I think Alex has you both beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

jojoinnit posted:

So sad about Jennifer. We may never see lively Alex again.

I don't kmow. I can really do without Alex Trebek doing The Batusi.