Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice
https://twitter.com/serenaegolden/status/1063114090598555648?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice
LOL, Dave

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice
He ended his MMA career in 2010 with a four loss streak (for a career record of 3-4). “Retired MMA fighter” seems a questionable summary of his employment life.

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

Gaunab posted:

I just saw someone die a little on Wheel of Fortune.

Sajak does that every night, though.

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice
Ok, I saw it. One second away from $1 million on a very guessable clue will do that to you.

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

Duckman2008 posted:

Edit: fun fact: my wife’s final jeopardy question was on the Cold War (history is a weaker look t for her, and the answer was the Berlin Air Raid, so she missed it). We went to a drat Cold War Museum the day before her taping, and they had nothing on it. So I blame them (the other guy knew it so she wouldn’t have won anyway).

I think zero museums have anything on a Berlin air raid during the Cold War. Not surprising to miss a question on something that didn’t happen.

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice
The common problem with these assholes is grip position and proximity to their mic, not the amount of force used.

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

GhostStalker posted:

They don’t hear it as loudly as people on TV do, because she’s holding it pretty close to her mic and contestants don’t hear the recorded show audio.

And yeah, Maggie tells us to jam the hell out of that buzzer (once the board lights up, of course. You don’t want that lockout if you do it beforehand) in the Green Room and during the practice games. I honestly tuned it out because I’m so used to hearing it.

If you notice, Ken Jennings, Brad Rutter, Alex Jacob, and Austin Walker, just to name a few, had much the same technique, yet you don’t seem the peanut gallery complaining about them, do you? And man, there has been a lot of complaints from the peanut gallery. Wanting someone to lose because you’re tilted about how close they hold the buzzer to their mic and are following instructions from Maggie? Bad form.

:lol: I know you're often confused on this point, but Jeopardy isn't a self esteem and cash prize program for functional autistics, it's a for profit television show that sells ads based on the number of viewers. If one of those FAs is ruining the show by making it unpleasant to watch, that's more important than her feelings.

The reason no one complained about the others' "much the same" technique is because it differed in the only manner that matters - you couldn't hear them. Also maybe because it's TV and they were better looking and/or more charismatic.

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice
Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

GhostStalker posted:

The only probable “functional autistic” that was successful on the show that I can remember off the top of my head right now is Matt Jackson (being absolutely fair to him), and he still killed it immensely. Calling Lindsey one is your own bias showing.

I guess it doesn’t matter anyway, seeing as she lost tonight. But people threatening to not watch the show as long as a contestant they find “annoying” always tends to peter out and not have much effect on the ratings in the first place. People said the same thing when they were annoyed about how the All Star Games were structured or whatever, and it didn’t seem to make a lick of difference and were just annoyed people venting, like what happened here. “Ruining the show by making it unpleasant to watch” is your own hyperbolic take on it, and seeing the reactions here, it seems like most people see it as something that isn’t enough to get mad over, to the point of not wanting to watch the show. Maybe see that your accusation of fuctional autism doesn’t reveal more about yourself instead?

Also, Lindsey has a profit motive herself, which is to win as much money as possible on the show. Jamming on the buzzer is how you’re told to do it by the Contestant Coordinators, and it was working out for her until tonight. It’s not her job to not tilt people annoyed by the clicking of the buzzer, which, again, I barely noticed anyway and tuned out almost immediately in favor of watching her dominate.

And drat, I misnamed Austin Rogers Austin Walker in my last post lol. To be fair, I had just gotten up after a poor night’s sleep when making that post, and I guess I had Giant Bomb/Waypoint on my mind at the time. Would be amusing watching Doctor Killah make a go on Jeopardy though. Wonder how far he’d go.

I obviously didn't bother reading any of this, but I'm glad to see it probably took you at least a few minutes to draft it. Every second you're not doing tongue exercises while fantasizing about what position you most want to have in a human centipede formed from Jeopardy champions can only be good for your mental health.

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

HookShot posted:

It was such a good "Jim from The Office" look at the camera at the end there.

My husband blurted out the answer to final basically immediately, but seeing as Australia actually got bombed during WWII he knows a lot more about the war in the Pacific than I do whereas we basically learned "well it happened and we were super lovely to the Japanese" and that's about it haha.

Crap, 50% of what they bothered teaching you wasn’t even correct!

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice
How’s his buzzer volume?

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

PT6A posted:

Goddamnit, you’re playing against a guy who’s on a huge streak and wins huge amounts on every game, why would you not go for a true daily double??? You either have a slim chance of winning with a large, successful bet, or you’re going to lose no matter what.

They were already playing for second by then doubling wouldn’t have mattered.

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

zakharov posted:

The confidence you need to be 100% sure you get selected from your audition must be the confidence you need to bet 30k on a Daily Double.

I got my audition rescheduled to a day I can actually make, now to annoy my wife by playing along with Netflix episodes while standing up and clicking a pen.

Unfortunately I don't the pen clicking is going to be a helpful simulation. You need something to indicate the "go" light that allows you to click in, which to be realistic is going to usually get stepped on immediately after by the actual contestants ringing in.

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

Hannibal Smith posted:

This scene has always driven me nuts. To me the way she says it sounds exactly the same as everyone else, and I can't tell if that's the joke.

I know that probably just means that I pronounce it wrong myself.

No, your brain or ear is unable to process these distinct sounds.

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1167146405972074496

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice
https://twitter.com/james_holzhauer/status/1228464493572784128?s=21

:vince:

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice
Given how little Jeopardy is left, isn’t this woman even more blameworthy for bringing a few of the final episodes down?

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

HookShot posted:

Yeah, the week of June 8th is the last week of new shows.

Someone is going to be the longest reigning Jeopardy champion the dumbest possible way.

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

HookShot posted:

Yes, thank you, I am aware that there’s a global pandemic and this is why only people from LA are filming right now.

Hope that's not the subject of tonight's Final, though, or we'll probably have another triple stumper at the rate these people are going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

packetmantis posted:

He looks like a moron