Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Star Man posted:

My mom can't loving stand Austin. I chalk it up to her being an old woman.

I can't stand Austin because he seems like he'd be an insufferable douche to be around, and that he'd always be 'on''.

Also, I am old an woman.

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Oct 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

HookShot posted:

"Oh no, this guy had an actual personality, how awkward!" said the goon.

Personality is one thing, whatever the gently caress Austin was* is another.

*What is a douche. Austin was a smug douche.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Soothing Vapors posted:

I guess it depends on why you watch jeopardy

for example, I would enjoy Jeopardy just as much, possibly more, if it was just Alex Trebek reading trivia questions into the camera while a computerized buzzer goes off at a random time to determine how long I have to answer

that said, I found myself rooting for Austin by the end, especially against Sally Rhae or whatever the gently caress her name was

I was rooting for the chick a few days ago from Louisville to win, just because I'm from Louisville, but then her name was Rain so i wasn't sure what to do.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Catching up on a few episodes...

Alan really needed to calm down a little, dude was spazzy.

Austin was actually likable on this appearance. His, 'Oh, now I get get!" mad me laugh (because I didn't get it until that point either...).

And Buzzy looked like if the worst parts of NPR took human form and tried to be funny.

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 9, 2017

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I'm on Team Lisa, because we have all been at the point where we feel like, "gently caress this poo poo, I'm out", but she couldn't just leave and had to stay and try, but really did not want to. Maybe its because I feel like that at least 70% of the time at my job.

Also, if I was losing to someone who actually went by the name Buzzy, i'd been annoyed to.

Also again, everyone defending Buzzy and Austin's douche-chill inducing personalities, but piling on the :females:

When Austin went over his pre-rehearsed spiel about how he was going to travel, I longed for that one lady to talk about her love of tiny donkeys...and I hated that lady.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Also, looking up stuff online and falling down the 'past Jeopardy! champs' rabbit hole made me realize I play board games with a guy who made it into the Ultimate Tournament of Champions in 2005, so I no longer feel bad for losing to him like 90% of the time.

It's funny, because he's a humble dude who everyone knows was on Jeopardy!, but he's chill as gently caress and never talks or brags about it so i just assumed he was on a couple of shows at most.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
This is all serious business.

This is import...this means something.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
She's up Schlitt's creek now.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

banned from Starbucks posted:

Na he didnt. Nice try

Alan is the most spastic and fidgeting contestant I have seen in a long time and even Alex mentioned how visibly nervous and flustered he was.

So yes, he was.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Syzygy Stardust posted:

Alan behaved exactly how you’d expect based on his appearance.

I'm not sure what this means, but i somehow feel like it should be offensive...

Soothing Vapors posted:

I guessed the iPad too, damnit

I thought Segway because i'm dumb as poo poo and had literally no clue.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
It's almost like Austin is becoming more like a human and not a horrible Rick and Morty cartoon character or meme generator. I dare say I'm kind of starting to like him. His story was sad but heartfelt, and the fact that you know he was the one that got them to all do the robot made me laugh.

Then Buzzy hosed up by doing a terrible robot. gently caress Buzzy.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
My wife loudly stated, "I cannot watch that guy, what the gently caress,". She literally stared down at her lap while listening and answering questions.
That Ben guy needed to chill the gently caress out.
Why is it always a Ben?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
It would be funny if none of them could go to final jeopardy because they were in the red.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
2 dimes.......

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Iron Crowned posted:

I need someone from the future to tell me when James loses, so I can start watching Jeopardy again.

I'm actually with you on this. It's not really fun for me to watch some dude just steamroll people, I like watching and actual game. Once he gets enough of a lead, I just sort of tune out because nothing else said on the program really matters.

And for every nice thing he says, he does a douchy 'pro-gambler thing' like the Two Dimes thing or that dumb 'all in' hand motion like he's pushing chips.

Poque posted:

I can't wait to see James in future tournaments so all the other brainiacs are forced to bet insane amounts of money lest they be left in the dust.

This would be funny though.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
James: Begin running 'smile.exe".
Smile.exe has encountered a fatal error, begin 'Teeth.exception = 'Show now'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!