Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I'll eat my hat if Rodgers turns out to be a bad host.

In all his post-game pressers he's very articulate, is a known Jeopardy buff, and also has a reputation of being somewhat of a smug, smart-rear end that I think will play well in Jeopardy. I think people just see his stupid State Farm commercials and just assume he's going to be poop, but I'd wager folks will be pleasantly surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
This is great news. I'd like Rodgers to get the gig, but I'm pretty biased.

The other folks routinely mentioned I'd be happy with. Especially Buzzy or Ken.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I'm not sure what the context of that tweet was. It reads to me that Bialik is saying she doesn't agree with thesis that babies that have to be birthed by C-section should never have been conceived. What am I missing?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

When Trump said "many people are saying" did you think many people were actually saying?

I never paid attention to Trump's inane soundbytes, but I guess that's the context this twitter chain is meant to be read in.

I still think Bialik sucks and I'm not trying to defend her. Was more trying to understand the context as I had to read the tweet multiple times.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Timeless Appeal posted:

Having just had a baby, natural birth fanatics really dominate the discourse having a baby. It's legitimately hard to find birthing classes that are not biased towards natural. Lamaze has always just seemed like the thing people do and is synonymous with planning for delivery that I was shocked to realize how anti-epidural they are. The classes we chose were FINE, but was still a natural biased person who had separate epidural lessons that weren't based in shame.

So, yeah her words may not seem to lovely, but they legitimately are part of a bigger trend of pro-natural people who will sort of bait and switch you with "hey, we're not saying you're a monster for getting an epidural and your baby shouldn't live... BUT..." and then try to make you feel lovely about a natural birth which she does go on to do. Also, the idea that children who are born through interventions are against evolution is purelh idiotic. We evolved to learn how to use tools and explore our own bodies. Anything any animal in the universe does is by definition in line with evolution.

Yah, I didn't read it aloud in my head with the dog-whistle wink-wink tone of "OTHER PEOPLE are saying this bad thing..." so that makes sense. Definitely wasn't disputing the underlying issue of natural vs. unnatural births.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
gently caress Ted Faro Mike Richards

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
After the pastor got multiple religious questions wrong, my girlfriend and I looked at each other and said “she’s a Unitarian Universalist”.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
He was also off by a letter.

Fake edit: drawing a blank at what the 5 letter answer would be!

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

That's why I'm not on Jeopardy! :v:

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
My partner is a lawyer and found her insufferable at the start (professional LSAT tutor :rolleyes:), but has warmed up to her.

I still find her annoying but not as bad as other champs.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

mlnhd posted:

mozambique? cote d'ivoire?

Canada?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Mayim sucks.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
We are several episodes late but we got to the “Harriet tubma…” final jeopardy and both mine and my partner’s jaw dropped. I would be livid if I was Sadie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
This is devolving into the later seasons of Dexter where we are hate watching at this point.