Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
I think I got 47-49 depending on a couple I wasn't sure about. Hopefully I can get another audition and then not be nervous/very sick like I was a couple years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Glenn_Beckett posted:

I ended up with about a 36, just barely passed. That is, assuming they don't mind that I spelled Chanel wrong. Or that I think I put two "t"s on Scarlet, like Johansson.

They don't care about spelling, so you're good.

Edit: VVV :):respek::) 47 buddy VVV

Punch Card fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 9, 2013

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

escape artist posted:

Midsummer's Night ;)

No.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

gobbles posted:

WHEN DO I GET MY EMAIL???

It can take up to several weeks from what I remember.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Although I can't spoil anything, one of that dude's next two opponents is my girlfriend. Thanks to the tournaments, that won't be until the last week of February though.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

escape artist posted:

When was her episode taped? I'm just curious as to how far the gap between filming and airing is. Did she get called up because of last year's test?

It was taped in late October, she was the third episode taped on Wednesday (they do five on Tuesday and five on Wednesday or something like that), and the previous ones that week were set to air before the Teen Tournament and the TOC, adding another month or so.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I knew they taped multiple episodes in a day, but for some reason I've never thought to look at their clothes. Do they bring multiple outfits or just switch ties or do they straight up wear the same clothes?

They tell people to bring 3+ outfits, meaning if I ever get on the show I'll have to buy at least two sets of clothing that don't make me look like an rear end in a top hat.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
I'm so glad Leonard won, that kid seems cool as hell.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

jscolon2.0 posted:

Marry me, Kate Wadman

[/new nerdiest thing ever said]

Man I hope you were like 12 at the oldest when you registered for these forums.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

escape artist posted:

What's immature about a guy who wants a lady who has brains and beauty?

Seriously, we've got a dearth of intelligence in this country. I'm bi so I feel the same way about men. I've got a crush on this scientist that I've known for about 10 years now.

It was more the guy who was roughly 26 at the time wanting to marry a then-high school junior, but I've let it go.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
It feels like instead of a difficulty increase, they just shifted the questions toward the academic to the point where a high school quiz bowl style breadth of knowledge will be what takes it down. If it stays that way, I think Jason Keller will walk away with the title.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
A room of about 20 people constantly yelling about/at Joshua's hair is definitely my favorite Jeopardy! viewing experience so far.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Thank god people don't know how to wager and also blow really easy daily doubles.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Maybe this is just vicarious sour grapes, but this is really unimpressive for an 8-day run.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm so glad Lauren won yesterday, and I hope she wins a lot more. :allears:

Everyone should have a cute Jeopardy girl of their own.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
edit: beaten

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

escape artist posted:

So what's she doing with that lovely $77k she won? :)

The money doesn't come until a few months after the last episode airs, so she's still waiting on it. Probably mostly mundane things with a couple trips here and there though.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
They're notably not provinces though, it's an important distinction.

I really want to know how the guy on the left spent 30 seconds thinking and came up with 38 or whatever for his answer.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

zVxTeflon posted:

Does anyone remember mondays Final Jeopardy? Something about Sigourney Weaver winning something for Alien in the mid 80s when Alien was out in 79.

I don't remember the question, but if it was about her Best Actress nomination then it was for Aliens, which was around 86 or so.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

zVxTeflon posted:

The correct answer was Alien though which is why it threw me off.

Then I've got nothing!

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

escape artist posted:

Yeah, they definitely did. The one dude went from challenger to champion, and the clue changed from US Government before the commercial break to TV Spin-Offs after the commercial break :lol: And Alex said "you'll close out the week tomorrow"... but tomorrow is Thursday, not Friday.

Also, Punch Card, in looking for someone discussing the error tonight, I found out your girlfriend has a creepy internet fan club:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0159881/board/nest/211318882?ref_=tt_bd_1

Warning: Read at your own discretion. It is loving creepy.

This made my night. I really wish I could meet these people somewhere and find out if they match my preconceptions of the type of people who'd actually make these posts.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
The real question is why he didn't literally bet everything on a Daily Double in the $800 value spot in DJ on a category about the planets. There are only eight of them, and Jeopardy only asks for a very few things about any of them! He may have had the two weakest competitors ever, or just great buzzer timing, because he is not impressive.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
To be fair, Thomas More is an even worse guess!

Edit: and by "to be fair" I mean "what the hell is wrong with these kids?"

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Found an audition invite in my spam folder just within the two-day time frame they give you to respond. That could've been ugly.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

mennoknight posted:

I found mine after three days. Luckily, still got the confirmation...Toronto?

Detroit for me, good luck with your audition. :)

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
For anyone who doesn't know, you can view what the Final Jeopardy question of the day's game will be by going here http://www.jeopardy.com/gamesandmobile/clueoftheday/ which they usually update early in the morning the day of.

It's how I was able to feel :smug: about Goddard and predict the three people wouldn't piece it together around lunchtime yesterday.

(Actually it was fake :smug: and more aimed at Sara who also didn't get it)

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

escape artist posted:

You know she set the bar for you right? You have to get on there and make at least $80,000 on your first three appearances.

Also, is that answer Don Quixote?

Yeah I'll get endless poo poo if I get on and bomb my first game, and yes to your spoiler question.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

fuckyoubitch posted:

rip jeopardy thread

I'm sure it'll pick back up if something interesting happens. A big win streak, a particularly annoying contestant, one of us getting the call to get on the show, or a tournament happening. Until then I guess there's not a ton to talk about though, you're right.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Retail Slave posted:

What happened? I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

No one knew anything about anything, basically. It was just awful.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

fuckyoubitch posted:

That clue sucked and didnt make any sense in the context of capn crunch.

Those whistles are used by sailors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boatswain%27s_call

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
edit because time zones or whatever just in case.

I'm angry that Jeopardy reminded me that the 2004 "Crash" ever happened.

Punch Card fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 14, 2013

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

rockinricky posted:

How quickly does the j-archive update? I didn't get my J! fix today, because of the latest chapter of "Colorado Burns:2013".

I don't know if it's one person or a group of people where it gets updated in a "whoever gets around to doing it first" fashion, but usually updates go up within two days of an episode's airing. Sometimes it's much faster and sometimes it takes another day or so.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Wow, tonight had two of the worst FJ responses ever.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Bulgaroktonos posted:

I think it adds an aura of unpredictability into the game. Would you rather have people like the droopy-eyed board bouncer resting on his laurels for weeks?

It depends on the person. Some 5+ day champions are good because they're pretty cool/interesting by Jeopardy standards, and some are good because they get you to tune in hoping someone dethrones them. I think it's probably better in the long run to have returning champions you feel one way or the other about rather than a smattering of contestants playing a game with seemingly random outcomes.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

FadingChord posted:

There was the three-way $0 tie in the college championship semifinals. Boy was that a time (and the guy who got in because of it won the whole thing).

Waiting for him to come out in drag tomorrow night. :allears:

As the chicken lady :colbert:

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Apollodorus posted:

Huh, okay. They told us August, but I'm not sure I could even fly out to LA if they did call.

Still, I kicked rear end at the audition. It's not something I plan on forgetting, regardless of whether I get on TV again as a result!

They start in August, but they'll be taking people from this group of auditions over the next 18 months.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Wait, Colby was in the Teacher's Tournament too? Was this before or after his regular Jeopardy run and then the Tournament of Champions? Or did he get a place in the Tournament of Champions because he won the Teacher's Tournament?

The latter.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Yeah I was definitely pulling for the guy who reminds me of Giancarlo Esposito over the horrible horrible nerd.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Good luck on the tests everyone. Join me in the contestant pool you clowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
If I ever get on, I'm going to category hop in the most annoying way possible and then goatse this thread.