Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.
Taking the online Jeopardy test for the first time tonight. Fully prepared to have all my dreams crushed by the internet.
And by that I mean, swiftly weeded out before I have a chance to embarrass myself and my family on national television.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.
I got far less of those questions than I'd like to admit.

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.
My wife and I were second-guessing ourselves for final Jeopardy tonight. It was such an obvious and easy answer, we figured it much be a trick.

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.
Holy poo poo Padraic's face when he realizes he won :haw:

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.
Padraic was leading, but Andrew made a ballsy bet on a Daily Double that got him ahead. Nobody got Final Jeopardy right, but Andrew risked way too much and ended up behind.

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.
I was excited tonight to see a category I knew I'd go all-in for for Final Jeopardy. I was surprised that none of the three got Firefox, but I suppose Chrome has kinda eclipsed it as the default browser people use instead of IE.

I also did a lot better in the Georgia O'Keefe category than I thought I would. That one about groups of nations/territories killed me, though.

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.
Being an IT guy, I try to remember that I might have a disproportionately good knowledge of "nerdy" stuff, but I thought Firefox was relatively mainstream (and the first animal-named program I can think of other than MacOS X versions).

I recall the players the other day doing pretty well at the iOS/Android app category, though.

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.

Max22 posted:

By the way, I'm shocked that Life of Pi was a triple-stumping Final Jeopardy.

I just so happened to come across the answer in like a Buzzfeed or something of letters written by US President last week, so I knew it right away. I don't know how long ago the episode was filmed, but I probably wouldn't have known it then.

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.
Signed up for the test. Let's see if I can do as poorly as I did last year!

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.
I think I did better than last time, but I wasn't really keeping track. Not that I did great.

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.
Oh man, 28 :/ Next year!

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.
In non-test stuff, that final category was a dick move. It put my mind in a completely different place than "who invented the telegraph."

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.

Dr Zaius posted:

I think "metal heads" should have counted.

Yeah, I expected them to throw him the points after the commercial. I have a lot of friends into metal and that's usually what I hear. I think?

But :lol: at "skinheads"

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.
My new DVR was recording the reruns because it couldn't figure out they weren't new episodes. Time to set a new series recording!

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.
Doesn't the delay start small, then get bigger over the season as the backlog of episodes pile up? I forget how it works.

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.
Oh man one step closer to the Julia/Arthur/Ben matchup :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.
I mean I got it because it was on TV last week so it was fresh in my brain. But I don't know how long ago this was filmed. My mind doesn't normally jump to Christmas movies outside of December.