Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I love Jeopardy, even if I do spend roughly 25% of every episode drunkenly ranting at the screen about what a douchebag Alex Trebek is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

tk posted:

I get so angry when the contestants start choosing the clues out of order. Especially when it's a category with a weird theme and the first clue kind of eases you in.

ME TOO! I think it was last week they had some sort of "alliterative clues about an alliterative name" category. Douchebag started at 1600, got the daily double, and had no clue how to answer it because he didn't start at the beginning.

It gave me joy.

JAMOOOL posted:

Every Jeopardy fan should read Ken Jennings' book Brainiac, you can get it on Amazon for like a buck and it's very entertaining and contains some valuable info; what you guys are saying ITT is basically correct but the real skill apparently was just timing the buzzer (which is the one thing Watson could do better than both other contestants) as apparently your average Jeopardy contestant could probably get 70%+ of the questions right in a vacuum.

Yeah, I always got the impression Watson was so dominant because he's a goddamn computer who could buzz in almost instantly. Jennings and that other dude clearly were trying to buzz in, they just couldn't beat the computer.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

raditts posted:

No, I remember it too, they'd have like a slow crawl past a room full of prizes and have a little bubble in the corner with the person's face. I think they did a parody of that on Family Guy once, and made me think "Who the hell is going to get this reference?"

According to my mom dad, one of my first full sentences was "once you buy a prize, it's yours to keep." I was apparently a huge Wheel Watcher back in the day :haw:

e: typed mom, meant dad :downs:

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 27, 2012

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

MrNonacho posted:

Why didn't she just wager $0 and be guaranteed her $17K and another appearance?

That was absolutely mindblowing to me.

Also, if she was going to bet ANYTHING, she might as well have bet all but $1. The other girl HAD to bet it all. Betting $5000 was just stupid as hell.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Riptor posted:

This 1920s newsflash category is annoying as gently caress and takes too long

I hate when they don't finish all the clues in a round

EDIT: what the gently caress was with Alex recapping a geico commercial for NO reason

I swear to god he's going senile.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

I know Jeopardy is traditionally bad about the difficulty of sports questions, but Babe Ruth was ridiculously easy.

I think that might be the easiest final jeopardy I've ever seen. Jesus.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Either they're dumbing down Final Jeopardy or I'm getting a lot smarter

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Colonial Air Force posted:

I was hoping President Barrett would lose so I wouldn't have to hear him shouting anymore.

It makes me feel bad that I want to punch a teen tournament contestant in the face that much. But I do.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

The 47 Reagans posted:

Well that was the best possible way that game could have ended.

I have to say I really, truly enjoyed that. I was expecting Alex to bust out a tiebreaker, not just say "well none of these losers are moving on then"

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

escape artist posted:

I just watched it and I can't believe these idiots. That was amazing.

Especially the kid in first. He only needed to bet like 8k!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Ugh Colby is such a smug prick, I was really hoping Keith was going to hand him his rear end

When was the last time a Teachers Goddamn Tournament champion cleaned up like this in the Tournament of Champions? Ever?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

zakharov posted:

Colby owns, haters out

Jeff Wiiver posted:

Colby 100% owns

funktopus posted:

Accept Colby into your heart and you'll find peace.
I will never kneel before your false prophet

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Thank God, I am not prepared to say goodbye to Sara yet

Glenn_Beckett posted:

I hate Colby, too, but I'm a teacher. Thanks for having faith in the army of people who have literally CHOSEN to be underpaid for their education for the sake of our youth.
The Teachers' Tournament and Teen Tournament entrants usually get blown out in the Tournament of Champions. It's not a personal shot at you, bud.

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 2, 2013

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I'm just glad the guy wearing a polo shirt under a suit coat didn't win.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Aww, I liked Drew :(

Frot Lesnar posted:

Reports are coming out that have Matt Lauer as the lead candidate to replace Alex Trebek when he decides to retire. Dear god no.

Well, that'll be the end of Jeopardy for me

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I can't remember the last time I hated a champion as much as Rebecca. Even Colby was better than this poo poo

edit: well, apparently this is the prevailing opinion and I am just way behind on the thread. I love you guys

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I like this old dude. He's ballsy, he's smart (really liked him going for the $400 questions at the end to protect his lead), he watches Sunny, and he looks like James Brolin

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

escape artist posted:

Not a second of the episode was shown because of a Tornado 50 miles away. :mad: Hope someone J-Archives it.

Tell me about the It's Always Sunny thing.

Well all he really did is get a question about Sunny right but, I mean, even that's pretty impressive for a sixty year old dude

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

escape artist posted:

Oh... so glad he lost. Oh so glad he's gone!

Hasn't finished airing here but I checked the thread just to see if he was gone. THANK GOD

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

escape artist posted:

I don't care about his suits, or his mannerisms, or anything... I just like picking the first question in a category and then sticking with the category until it's done. None of this spastic, jumping around trying to find the Daily Double crap. I know it works, and it worked well for him, but it was not fun as a viewer.

Amen. Bugs the poo poo out of me.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Unkempt posted:

God drat Fat Joffrey is no longer King of Jeopardy. I liked that smug bastard.

hahahaha

Fat Joffrey dethroned by Podrick Payne

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

yourafagpleasedie posted:

Holy poo poo an actual attractive girl I'd like to gently caress is on jeopardy. It's been like 2 months since that has happened. Hopefully fatso gets the boot.
You seem awesome

Punch Card posted:

Wow, tonight had two of the worst FJ responses ever.
"What book inspired Rabbit, Run?"
"Rabbit Run :downs:"

A shameful champion

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

zakharov posted:

Ok I rarely root for people to lose but holy poo poo Carlos the current champ is annoying. Stop making stupid faces and just answer the question!

I love his aggressive betting but I hate everything else about him

errad posted:

I have to agree with this - it's getting to be a bit much. Also (and the bar is really low) his anecdotes suck. I also had to root against the third person, who thought it would be really cool to write an exclamation point after his name.
This should never happen outside the Teen Tournament

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

DaisyDanger posted:

Yeah I was very excited when Craig won. Goodbye forever, ~*anime reviewer*~ Carlos.

oh my god was he really an anime reviewer? now I feel like I didn't hate him enough while he was on my TV

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I think Karen might be the stupidest person I've ever seen on Jeopardy

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

I'm sorry, but the new correct strategy is to Bet to Tie.

I miss Arthur so much

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I missed Arthur so muhc

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

yourafagpleasedie posted:

Heres Arthur to ruin the enjoyment out of jeopardy again. Haha at him losing a cool 10,000 thinking he had the final jeopardy in the bag. Can this guy stop giving evil looks to other players and glaring at them when they buzz in first?

Good points, yourafagpleasedie. good points

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Well that was embarrassing for Jill

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Arthur won me over today with his bickering with Trebek

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Tonight's episode feels like remedial Jeopardy

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Who is Mandela Mandel

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

My problem with Sandie was that 75% of the time she answered correctly, she acted like it was some kind of happy accident. If you're going to be really good at Jeopardy, I want you to be a dick about it.

god I miss Arthur

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Why must Colby continue to vex me so

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Rutter sure knows how to win over the audience with his sad tales of woe about his Porsche

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

It's been like a day and a half and I'm still mad about that guy's $600 FJ bet. I'm glad he handed Julia a free win but what were you thinking

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

The middle Brad Rutter looking dude pouting every time Julia crushed him was exquisite

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Julia is a goddamn machine

GhostStalker posted:

Julia is great, and watching her dominate the competition never gets old. Still, I kinda already know how many games she'll wind up winning, due to an aforementioned comment from the head Contestant Coordinator, but it is still fun watching the ride and finding out how much she'll eventually win.

15 games and over $314,000 right now, and she's still crushing the competition every time handily.

Can you put it in spoiler tags for me so I don't have to feel nervous every game

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Astrochicken posted:

Sorry if this is looked down upon, but does anyone have a link to that clip where the contestants gently caress up an answer about Apocalypse Now and Alex stares at them for a brief second completely disgusted? I can't find it anywhere. It was hilarious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJn3cny-e6w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Please stop responding seriously to forums poster yourafagpleasedie