Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
A Dark Draker’s spin-off is entirely plausible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

mdct posted:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that goons will desperately cling to literally over-a-decade-old jokes at this point and think they're still funny and perpetuate them in a thread that by all means should have died when every single person of the original dev team chimed in and said "this poo poo isn't happening". When we got the full story about why Barkley 2 is dead as gently caress and never going to come out, y'all will still cling to it. I wanted to see this thread closed because that's the only thing that'd give full closure about this project, collectively, and everyone can move on and find new Joke's to enjoy. There are no True Doom Murderheads left on this earth and that's just something everyone has to accept.

You don't have to remain subscribed to this thread, killjoy

I do though. Because I went to PAX a decade ago and got a code from one of the devs dressed as a wizard. That is a commitment I can't walk away from.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Mr. Lobe posted:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
People moaning about the thread being open just adds another twist in the saga of Hoopz Barkley

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

If you can’t slam with the best, then jam with the rest.

Also, a note to any developers: when you write a breakaway rpg maker 2000 game that is witty and memorable, just write a funny and witty rpg maker xp game for the sequel.

DO NOT radically change genres, increase complexity, and Betray The Promise.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Barkley was made in game maker, it just borrowed the aesthetics of snes era RPGs. And barkley 2 was game maker studio so they followed your advice perfectly

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

When no-one posts in it, then the thread is dead. Until that day...

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

its a great game imo

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Dabir posted:

Barkley was made in game maker, it just borrowed the aesthetics of snes era RPGs. And barkley 2 was game maker studio so they followed your advice perfectly

it was originally rpgmaker, then changed engines halfway thru

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

mdct posted:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that goons will desperately cling to literally over-a-decade-old jokes at this point and think they're still funny and perpetuate them in a thread that by all means should have died when every single person of the original dev team chimed in and said "this poo poo isn't happening". When we got the full story about why Barkley 2 is dead as gently caress and never going to come out, y'all will still cling to it. I wanted to see this thread closed because that's the only thing that'd give full closure about this project, collectively, and everyone can move on and find new Joke's to enjoy. There are no True Doom Murderheads left on this earth and that's just something everyone has to accept.

shut up loser

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

mdct posted:

Oh, word?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
If there are no True Doom Murderheads left, it means I am dead.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

mdct posted:

Danforth
Jul 11, 2008

mdct posted:

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Dabir posted:

I didn’t say “make everything way more complicated, change genres completely and have almost nothing in common with the original”

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

mdct posted:

yes I'd like to save my game please

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Quicksilver6 posted:

I didn’t say “make everything way more complicated, change genres completely and have almost nothing in common with the original”

Maybe you should have done

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
STOP POSTING I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT BARKLEY 2 ANYMORE

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Bone key

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

mdct posted:

the promise has been made

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

At this point just make a yearly Barkley 2 game jam where we all make Barkley 2. Twine Barkley 2. Unreal Engine with placeholders Barkley 2. Complex b-ball physics simulation Barkley 2.

We are all B-ball and the promise, together

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

I think we should keep this thread going for another decade because it'll be funny when it's old enough to drink

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
This thread has been drinking from its infancy

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Mantis42 posted:

yes I'd like to save my game please

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

is Barkley 1 definitely worth playing? I've been considering checking it out

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
yes

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quicksilver6 posted:

I'll be honest when they started talking about fancy gun's loot breeding systems I just assumed they were completely joking about it and not actually working earnestly to deliver on that vision. Nuclear Throne meets Borderlands could be a good idea for a game but maybe not if the game is also an RPG maker comedy sequel. .

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

is Barkley 1 definitely worth playing? I've been considering checking it out

It's not just worth playing, it's worth living by.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

aparmenideanmonad posted:

It's not just worth playing, it's worth living by.

This :hai:

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
its like 5 hours

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Live by the ball, die by the ball, bitch

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/TuVZ7-9dPzqldJIOdu6WHhp_76Lfd-ZYzURRMnjaEGE/https/i.imgur.com/8jNEtYx.mp4

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Mr. Lobe posted:

I do though. Because I went to PAX a decade ago and got a code from one of the devs dressed as a wizard. That is a commitment I can't walk away from.
Can you post the code

Even a single character…

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
barkley 1 inspired tens of armchair developers to believe that if they just sat down and did it they too could have a Comedy Game. but barkley 2 inspired those same brave souls to give up completely....

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Not once has a game ever been funny

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Star Citizen and Balerntkey 2 are both hilarious what do you mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Well, now I can confess that since sports betting is now legal in my state, I bet the entire barkley budget on a series of ill-conceived parleys for march madness.

The good news is, one of them hit, the bad news is the total budget was like :20bux: so even twenty-to-one returns don't get you much.