Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

loving FINALLY

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pretty good posted:

I Dracula seems like it's good but the way dungeons or whatever are divided into little cells linked by zippy transporters looks unappealing in a way I can't properly articulate

I concur.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
That demo update from a year ago is only for backers so I can't read the comments on it, and there's 29 of them. Are they all just people shaking their heads, incredibly gullible people saying how this is exciting and "take your time" and/or people out for blood?

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose

Gortarius posted:

That demo update from a year ago is only for backers so I can't read the comments on it, and there's 29 of them. Are they all just people shaking their heads, incredibly gullible people saying how this is exciting and "take your time" and/or people out for blood?

Mostly bug reports, but a few incredibly gullible people who claim to be happy we got even this garbage.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

happy barkdeath day

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.

this is probably my favorite pixel art in the game after the space hell background, but i don't think it's used anywhere

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
It's the character creation game over screen in case you die in it.

I don't know if it's possible to die in it anymore, but iirc there was a couple of ways to do it, one was to run out the CC placenta tree until it withered and another was to answer that you like the nostalgia critic in the multiple choice segment. Either it was that or you received some stat penalty for saying that. I know misspelling vidcon would result in instant game over.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Future Days posted:

this is probably my favorite pixel art in the game after the space hell background, but i don't think it's used anywhere

Frankie doesn't know how to properly anti-alias a 30º one-pixel-wide line? For shame :colbert:

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.

Fuschia tude posted:

Frankie doesn't know how to properly anti-alias a 30º one-pixel-wide line? For shame :colbert:

no that was me stretching the file. :colbert: here's the original

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Did Frankie draw that game over screen? I would guess not from looking at it. It's well done just a bit stylistically different.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I think it was a guy called cool_oleg, back in the good ol' days, circa 2013 or something. Back when things were actively happening every day.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Haha remember when they were gonna make Barkley 2 but had the bright idea of making it a stick shooter with a dodge roll and collapsed under the pressure?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Imagine if they made a sequel to Barkley Shut Up aand Jam Gaiden — How messed up would that be.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Communist Thoughts posted:

Haha remember when they were gonna make Barkley 2 but had the bright idea of making it a stick shooter with a dodge roll and collapsed under the pressure?

sorry, I only remember b-baller

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Pretty good posted:

Imagine if they made a sequel to Barkley Shut Up aand Jam Gaiden — How messed up would that be.

This thread is the sequel and it was inside us the whole time!

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Communist Thoughts posted:

Haha remember when goons just repeated the same few references to the first game over and over for years on end and then got mad that the developers stopped directly interacting with the thread as because having the punchlines of your own jokes poorly recited at you is the closest thing to hell on earth for anyone who writes comedy.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Sleeveless posted:

Haha remember when goons just repeated the same few references to the first game over and over for years on end and then got mad that the developers stopped directly interacting with the thread as because having the punchlines of your own jokes poorly recited at you is the closest thing to hell on earth for anyone who writes comedy.
I believe devs are like ghosts and they just sort of do things arbitrarily

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Will this come out before star citizen

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sleeveless posted:

How do you manage to have the worst post in every thread you post in?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Fargin Icehole posted:

Yes. The promise has been made.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Sleeveless posted:

semper games

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Fargin Icehole posted:

If star citizen comes out then no.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

Sleeveless posted:

basket-ball

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Fargin Icehole posted:

Yes.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Thinking about it Barkley 2 not coming out was probably when we shunted into hellworld

Thanks a lot ToGsters couldn't you have just got along long enough to tighten up the graphics on level 3?

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Should get a AAA publisher to get a mobile game developer to outsource this game to China to get it developed. Something will be made.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
Keiji Inafune presents: Barkley number 9

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
barkerly mobile systems 7, coming to ouya

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

George Broussard Presents

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

albert enstein posted:

I do not know what console barkley 3 will be played on, but barkley 4 will be played with rocks and sticks.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Gortarius posted:

I think it was a guy called cool_oleg, back in the good ol' days, circa 2013 or something. Back when things were actively happening every day.

isn't cool_oleg something awful user Lithuanian Dad?

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

to commemorate the first year of the apotheosis of barkeley, let me show you the vidcon's finest joke

https://i.imgur.com/D6DrRHe.mp4

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I'm looking forward to this game.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
who's gonna be the one tot ell him

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

you have been repeatedly making this exact post over and over again lol

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

Cuntellectual posted:

who's gonna be the one tot ell him

The Promise Has Been Made

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

FunMerrania posted:

The Promise Has Been Made

Midjack