Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
This is, unironically, the game I am looking forward to the most right now. On any platform. Thank you, OP, for making the best freeware game ever made and for following through with the sequel. And I know I'm not the only one. Almost $28,000 raised so far!

You will be getting first dibs from my paycheck on Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Science
Mar 8, 2006
diplodocus + mortarboard = party

Cicero posted:

Just passed 25k! And there's only one spot at the $300 tier left.
I just took it.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Donated the gently caress to this. And it is a crime that, as of this writing, this has not passed the goal yet. :colbert:

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Hey Chef, I just wanted to say that i've seriously enjoyed the Tales of Game's family of edutainment products since Barkley was first being gabbed about on gamingworld, and backing this was a no-brainer (not saying your team has no brain). I'm really looking forward to this one!

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

AnonSpore posted:

This game is fully voice acted by actual NBA superstars (including Charles Barkley himself), right?

You'll have to settle for Dikembe Mutombo for now.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
There's going to be a stretch goal for gaining the rights to use NBA players' likenesses, right? Seems only natural.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Guys, the year is 666X. Charles Barkley would be dead anyway.

Or would he?

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
I said this in the general kickstarter thread, but if someone would make a banner ad, I'd buy it.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

GirlBones posted:

I'm going to donate to a kickstarter for the first time ever, Chef. Glad to see someone from the old GW is still doin' it.

If only Legion could be here... to see... this...

R.I.P. killed by a deadman's semen

He's moved on. He freelances for Shadowrun and has actually self-published a tabletop game or two.

Chef Boyardee posted:

Holy poo poo. What a blast from the past. . .

There was this guy named Brickroad, one of those hyper serious RPG Maker dudes like Legion, who said a really great quote about Barkley 1 once. It is one of my all-time favorite quotes -

"This game makes me almost unimaginably angry and sad, but not at all for reasons related to the game itself (which I have not, and will never play)."

Brickroad, I hope wherever you are, you have cheered up a little.

No, not really. Although he and Legion got in a slapfight over one of Legion's newer projects having a bunch of ASOIAF "homages". That was fun.

But that's neither here nor there.

I'm gonna try to get a pledge in for this but money's tight this month, so we'll see.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
X114JAM9 is the error code Vinceborg has when he forgets his purpose. Mind blown.

ZackHoagie
Dec 25, 2007

now eat him.

helopticor posted:

I said this in the general kickstarter thread, but if someone would make a banner ad, I'd buy it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I have been looking forward to this since the first indications this kickstarter might be a thing. So backed.

This is awesome as hell.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

This would be perfect if you could fit in the KS tagline.

Not for TREND. Not for CORPORATE ATTITUDE. Not for STONER. Only true DOOM-MURDER HEADS.

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games
Since they haven't posted it here yet, here is a wallpaper sized version of that cyberdwarf image.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Philip Rivers posted:

This would be perfect if you could fit in the KS tagline.

Not for TREND. Not for CORPORATE ATTITUDE. Not for STONER. Only true DOOM-MURDER HEADS.

There's always the option of making a second banner and putting them both up.

Lemonpieman
Jan 18, 2010
This is probably the greatest day of my life. I dunked a b-ball on my mouse to confirm the payment.

Also, I would absolutely love for Barkley 2 to be on steam. That would be fantastically convenient and also super cool because you will get more money.

jvempire
May 10, 2009
From what I've seen from the kickstarter video, the combat looks legitimately fun. The quest system sounds interesting as well, though I have some difficulty in picturing how it will work. If people/places/quests change over time, what does that really mean? Like Majoras Mask style?

Beardless Riker
Apr 14, 2005

I'm interested in this game, but I am a stoner. I'm not sure if this is the game for me?

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Beardless Riker posted:

I'm interested in this game, but I am a stoner. I'm not sure if this is the game for me?

I'm sorry this game is for TRUE DOOM MURDERHEADS only. Maybe you are a TRUE DOOM MURDERHEAD and you just don't know it yet?

Veev fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Nov 29, 2012

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Bastard Tetris posted:

X114JAM9 is the error code Vinceborg has when he forgets his purpose. Mind blown.

Dear Clispaeth in Heaven...

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Node posted:

Guys, the year is 666X. Charles Barkley would be dead anyway.

Or would he?

Barkley obviously died in the Necron 5 explosion, so of course he won't be in this game. Let's just accept it and move on.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Ceyton posted:

Barkley obviously died in the Necron 5 explosion, so of course he won't be in this game. Let's just accept it and move on.

He survived one Chaos Dunk already, you know. The one he did himself, before Neo New York was just New York. He can survive the Necron 5 one.

Node fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Nov 29, 2012

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Stop right there: this is all the information you need. This game is for you.

e: Woops, should have edited that into my previous post instead of making a new one. Sorry. Just giddy that this modern day epic now has a release date.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Veev posted:

I'm sorry this game is for TRUE DOOM MURDERHEADS only. Maybe you are a TRUE DOOM MURDERHEAD and you just don't know it yet?

I'm also sorry Beardless Riker but I have to agree. I mean look at that graph.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
As an old GW member, really happy so see a sequel to maybe the best freeware game I've ever played. Pledging whatever I can afford once I get my next paycheck.

ZackHoagie
Dec 25, 2007

now eat him.
If someone could find a a way to compress this down to 40k they'd be forever in my gratitude.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
While looking at the Cyber Dwarf body pillow, I noticed something I hadn't before:
Cyber Dwarf's beard is a basket ball net.

Holy poo poo.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Hell yeah, take my money. I loved Charles Barkely Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa. Can't wait for this one.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Tales of Game’s Studios Presents Chef Boyardee’s Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa is possibly my absolute favorite RPG of all time and was kinda a huge inspiration for me and I've been hype as hell ever since the announcement.

The Incan gold bit at the end always completely slays me.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

This kickstarter looks amazing. Now I have to go play the original to fully understand how such a thing came to be.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
SOLD.

The existence and production of Barkley 2 is the first compelling evidence that the world will not end in December 2012.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I hope they put Barkley in as a super secret almost impossible boss.

[e] When you fight him the normal battle theme for the first game plays.

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety
Here's my attempt at a banner ad:

It's awesome to see this finally becoming a reality, that's a phenomenal kickstarter and all the content and design decisions you've highlighted make me salivate for the final project.

I was wondering, do you have any high-res versions of the artwork available?

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
I would back the gently caress out of you guys, but Kickstarter only accepts credit cards and gently caress that noise when I have a perfectly valid bank account number linked to my Paypal :sigh:

I mean, the music for your games alone is something I'd pay twenty bucks for. And then you offer the music and games for forty and sixty dollar backing respectively.

H2Omelon
Aug 31, 2009
Funded already. That was quick.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Fully funded in under 18 hours!

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!
This is the best goddamn day in history since the first game came out.

Zackarotto
Dec 25, 2005

Ha! Ha! I'll now calculate your brain age.

Dinictus posted:

I would back the gently caress out of you guys, but Kickstarter only accepts credit cards and gently caress that noise when I have a perfectly valid bank account number linked to my Paypal :sigh:

Paypal should go up soon; they didn't want to dilute the offering toward the kickstarter total until they met the base goal, or something. (They were expecting an "uphill battle".)

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Now give us some good stretch goals so that we have an excuse to waste even more money! Either that or throw in some extra low-tier digital goodies to convince people to bump it up a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
My faith in the gaming community has been restored. temporarily of course