Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I legitimately can't figure out if this game is actually coming out or if everything is just a long ongoing parody of bloated game development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm okay with it either way, it was a tenner that I legitimately forgot I dropped! I just literally forget it exists until the thread pops back up and I'm like "Oh, right, this is... coming out?"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I secretly hold out hope the PAX stuff is just an announcement of their next kickstarter, a 3D adventure game with tie-in Cyberdwarf anime.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gortarius posted:

Should be there for ToG's entire stay.

EDIT: If they give you any trouble, just tell 'em that "I'm good friends with BigBangGamer"

This is going to end with someone getting arrested for illicitly propositioning some poor unaware developer for sex.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't particularly mind if I don't get the game since I mostly threw $10 because I liked the first one, but I also don't think irony is a defense against screwing up your kickstarter and it's okay for people to be annoyed at the bad communication.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

the game is a tontine and will only come out when every last donor is dead

I think you spelled that wrong.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ah, I see they're going for the Square-Enix method of proving game development is happening.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

obstipator posted:

why are people impatient? this is a hobby project and while they did get money to help them build it, its not enough for them to work full time or hire a marketer. People whining about it just makes it feel like a chore. They made the 2023 joke because its funny and also to let people know that theres no real deadline for their hobby project. Theres other more important tasks for the devs to do than appease the people that are just going to whine again when they dont see an update. idk if they've ever announced a game they were building before release like they did this one, but i really doubt they will after realizing that appeasing the community is annoying as gently caress. Just wait for the game. Why is it so important for it to come out soon?

You don't need to hire a full-time marketer to be a lot better at communication then they are. They also kind of lost the hobby project thing when they decided to treat it as an actual game they intend to sell for money.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

obstipator posted:

whenever they try to give any kind of update, people just complain about how the game isnt out yet. why should they put any effort into updating people about things that would be better revealed thru the story when updating the game is more important?

On the off chance you don't get it:

The updates they give are generally extremely low effort and convey little to no information and show almost nothing in the way of progress. If they gave a genuine detailed status update with more clear indications of the product's status then people would alleviate the complaint part. "They can't tell you anything because of spoilers" would be ridiculous even if there weren't dozens of kickstarters that manage comprehensive regular updates without trouble. Cosmic Star Heroine ended up thoroughly average but it was a similar low-budget indie RPG which managed to convey plenty of information, show plenty of progress, and release more quickly than Barkley 2 has despite being delayed.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Truecon420 posted:

You should know that your posts, and all posts in this thread, may be featured in the game itself

So, by all means :justpost:

I'd be more worried if I thought the game was actually coming out.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

"Barkley 2 is real. It is good. I love you."

-my mom

Man, three lies in one message. :smith:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's good to have a solid answer at least!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hiratio posted:

- Goldfish attention span. A large amount of work was only done at most half way, then abandoned to work on some other "cool" thing.
- Management dictating how work should be done despite not understanding how it actually works. Leading to needlessly complicated systems, obsolete systems, and totally broken systems.

To be fair this sounds absolutely accurate to late-90s/early-2000s JRPG development.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RocketSurgery posted:

Hmm pretty bad news

if they cant come through maybe the community can finish it

So the real Barkley 2 was the friends we made along the way?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Honestly I'm just happy people are breaking their silences. I don't really need the game to be finished. I'm just glad the bandaid has been ripped off and people can like... go back to doing things without being asked about Barkley. You guys did enough, it was a failed Kickstarter and that's that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You are trying way way too hard.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Space Whales are not only extremely common but also cross-cultural. You can find them in sci-fi from France, Korea, Japan, and probably others I'm entirely unaware of.

It is because space whales rule.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Future Days posted:

This is extremely For Corporate Attitude though...
I don't know, a game actually coming out is somehow less corporate than taking a ton of money from fans and then squandering it all uselessly while lying as often and frequently as possible about the status of what they took money from.

Plus Barkley was already canon, we knew that for a fact.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That description is the worst thing I have ever read

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fellatio del Toro posted:

only two years left :hellyeah: hoping next November is when real story and gameplay trailers start dropping

The game already came out, it was released as a tie-in to Space Jam 2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBDRkqNa_Cg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chas McGill posted:

Katana Zero is really good

It is though it ends so unbelievably suddenly that it's frustrating.