Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Holy poo poo where's my credit card. I am getting in on this Kickstarter right the gently caress now.

Puistokemisti posted:

While I am basically at hobo level of cash currently, I am still extremely tempted to donate 100$ to get the Cyberdwarf bodypillow because I'm sugoi uguu~ for tsunderes.

I'm horribly tempted by that as well. I'm not going to do it, but the temptation is there. That's possibly the most ingeniously terrible incentive I have ever seen.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Sep 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Catastrophe posted:

You may want to re-read that $100 tier text carefully: "At the $100 level, in addition to all the previous rewards, you get a custom, full-sized Cyberdwarf body pillow to spend your lonely nights with. Though his knotted b-ball skin is rough, his touch is tender and his luscious applebottom is shapely domed. The Cyberdwarf body pillow ships with pillow case only, pillow not provided."

I interpreted that to mean that it's a pillow case with like an iron-on transfer of Cyberdwarf or something, but if it's actually just a pillow case then that's even funnier.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

univbee posted:

A Zelda-like gold cart of the game that works on a real SNES.

This would be god drat incredible.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Thinking about it, there would be a kind of integrity to chicken strips being a better version of chicken fries. Maybe get some nugget in there, and a dipping sauce system like the condiments in Earthbound... forward my check to Idea Guy Creative Consultancy.

X114JAM9 put the tin of cocoa on the chicken fry! It didn't taste too good...

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

horriblePencilist posted:

I hope the next batch of Stretch Goals include a Wii U version and a board game.

I would unironically pay 60 bucks for a Barkley: Gaiden or Barkley 2 board game. gently caress, little Jimmy played the Chaos Dunk, everyone discard 3 Slam cards and go back to start :negative:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

It would be cool to have a Dark Souls-like system where you could leave hints or pull japes using DWARFnet. Maybe in Barkley 3 tho'

It would be cooler to have a Dark Souls-like system where other TRUE DOOM-MURDERHEADS could invade as B-Ball Wraiths and try to kill you. Chef Boyardee please put this on a sticky note and circle it and put a bunch of question marks next to it and then stick it to the bottom of your monitor.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Hahaha that's loving awesome. I wish I was the kind of person who could just sort of show up on TV at random and take over broadcasts without warning and get away with it.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

I think we can expect some quality applebottoms in this game. The Hoopz Barkley SaGa has a proud tradition of delivering a non-judgmental, applebottom-positive vidcon experience.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Barkley 3 is the Cyberpocalypse. There will be a hugely successful Kickstarter to bring about the social and cultural slams needed to create a b-ball-based post-scarcity society, which will immediately crumble when everyone realizes how ridiculous that is, leaving us with the third game in the Hoopz Barkley SaGa: the game of real life

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Yessssss!

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Chef Boyardee posted:

I got insanely drunk after a drinking contest at MAGFest (ps I won) and passed out in the wizard booth on a Cyberdwarf pillow. MAGFest doesn't close and our booth was in the arcade room so I woke up at like 5:00 AM and stumbled out of the booth and there were like 500 people all around playing arcade games. I had a massive hangover and the rest of that day sucked.

Anyway, if the wizard is a-rockin', don't go in the booth because there's a chance I'm passed out drunk inside.

I am so sincerely glad I backed this game.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Chef Boyardee posted:

We're trying not to get sued.

Sounds like corporate attitude to me.

Serious question: will there be another dating sim segment in this game? The one in B,SUaJ:G was an artistic masterpiece and I for one would be pleased to see a reprise.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Unguided posted:

They were the best thing on Burger King's menu. I died a little inside the day I learned they were discontinued.

For real. Chicken fries were drat delicious and were the only reason I ever went to Burger King.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Chef Boyardee posted:

They even gave us our apostrophe.

Oh my god that rules.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Gortarius posted:

Thus far there isn't anything that is just copy-pasted from somewhere else, rather its the concepts and line of thinking that I'm trying to mimic. For example, youtube comment arguments, webcomic help requests, religion vs. atheism debates, fruit discussion, poems about contemporary sitcoms, videogame rants and so forth.

Having written an English sonnet to congratulate someone on beating a nerd game (on this very forum), I am well-versed in ridiculous pointless poetry and will be scrutinizing your DwarfNET content very closely. If it does not meet my rigorous standards I will be contacting Tales of Game's to complain about the disruption of verisimilitude caused by your shoddy quality control. Furthermore, I

(Serious response: will one of the users on DwarfNET be Truckpump? Please tell me Truckpump has a DwarfNET account)

vvv Yessssss vvv

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Sep 23, 2014

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Hey Chef Boyardee, you should get in touch with these jokers and use your significant political clout to pressure them into adding a kimono to their lineup.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Chas McGill posted:

I hope it's like Sid Meier's duel system in Sword of the Samurai.

I hope it's like the duel system in the NES Pirates!, complete with the ability to defeat a fort with ten times as many men as you have if you repeatedly stab the commander really really fast, and the ability to block a cutlass with your face hundreds of times if you have lots of dudes to make you too brave to die.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

MasterSlowPoke posted:

No, the only music will be royalty free midis played with random instruments for a truly unique experience every time you play.

Will we be able to import ABC files to customize our audio experience like in Starbound? This is important. I cannot properly immerse myself in a game unless I am listening to the sophisticated works of genius composer Nobuo Uematsu.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

But what I think we're asking is, is there separate types of ammo for shotguns,m pistols, rifles, muskets, arquebuses, etc.
When i shoot a gun until its out of bullets, what do I do to make it be able to shoot more bullets?

You smelt gun's you don't like and use your smelty stuff to make more bullets. So basically when your gun's are empty you put other gun's in them and shoot them at stuff

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

So, does the amount of gun'smelt your gun's consume with each shot vary depending on their killiness? Like, if I find some ungodly nightmare flak cannon of a shotgun, will it consume the equivalent of an entire pistol magazine with each shot? I want to be able to breed gun's that fire out, like, six entire other gun's each time I pull the trigger, with commensurate spectacularly excessive damage output.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Bisse posted:

There are gun's that consume the equivalent of Germany's yearly national budget in a second to produce massive violent weather patterns of bullets, yes. If your favourite thing is to blow all your savings in an instant, ToG provides.

I am very glad that I gave you my money to make this dumb game for fools.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Gun's that are made out of hyperrealistic skeleton bones, but the bullets they shoot have no particularly unusual properties aside from being fairly strong. However their gunshot sound is a mildly annoying skeleton cackle that gets incredibly irritating after a while. Also the gunshot cackle is six seconds long so if you're firing a skelebone smg's you're gonna drive yourself insane with layered skeleton cackling.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

That's like this gun in Borderlands 2, "The Bane." It's an SMG you find after a quest where you search for a "cursed" gun that has driven every previous owner to suicide. When you find it, it's really, really powerful, but it makes really annoying gun shooty noises in a shrill voice, and it will play even if you turn the master volume to zero.

There's a video somewhere of a bunch of Gunzerkers dual-wielding Banes with some of the other talking guns mixed in. It's such an obnoxious cacophony that sound simply loses all meaning and nothing is annoying anymore.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

notZaar posted:

Let's not drag the tits through the mud here

Please do not kinkshame mud wrestling. Mud wrestlers are hard workers. They are doing their best.

Will there be a mud wrestling minigame in this game? Asking for a friend

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

DeepQantas posted:

Imagine hiring a christian fundamentalist as a designer for your Mortal Kombat sequel.

Yeah that would be horrible, we might end up with a game that wasn't embarrassing to play or look at ever

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Mortal Kombat is the Warhammer 40k of fighting games. It can be fun but the people who get all :qq: about any notion of changing any of its weird gross sacred cows are pretty much exactly the same, i.e. even more ridiculous than the game they love. It's all very Corporate Attitude tbh.

Can we have assurances that Barkley 2 will feature at least one character with a skull for a face? Skulls are a critical part of my enjoyment of all media

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Gortarius posted:

I would like to see Jesus pull out someones spinal cord in a Mortal Kombat vs. Bible game.

Couldn't be any worse than MK vs DC Universe...

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

chaos rhames posted:

Ui stuff for Morrowind is a big issue. A modern questlog would be a massive life-saver, more than any gameplay tweak I can think of.

God, yeah, that purely chronological journal was a loving nightmare to pick through after a while. It got to the point where you'd keep your own actual pen-and-paper journal with only the salient bits of whatever quests you had any interest in finishing.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Doom 3 might have been a neat game if it wasn't a Doom, but it was a Doom, so it was a bad Doom instead of a neat non-Doom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

To be completely honest, I think that a very obscure, secret, optional, nightmarishly difficult megaboss animated with Everdraed's distinctive brand of hypervibrant visual dread would be:
  • Sweet as hell,
  • A fine challenge for true doom murderheads,
  • Sweet as hell,
but I understand that accepting content from outside volunteers can sometimes invite unwanted Corporate Attitude from lawyer's and publisher's. When I play this game with my grandchildren, I will simply have to dream of what might have been.