Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

I seriously can't wait to be edutained by The Magical Realms of Tir Na Nog: Escape from Necron 7 - Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie - Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa. I'm pledging the gently caress out of this Kickstarter.

I find it strange that the art book in on a higher tier than the body pillowcase and the tip line, though. Why is that?

Edit: I messed up the name. I am a failure. I am sorry Chef Boyardee.

Line Feed fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Nov 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Chef Boyardee posted:

This was a joke, we never imagined anyone would take this reward.

But they did.

Unbelievable.

Never doubt the people's love for slamming and jamming.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Thauros posted:

You guys have my money regardless, but is this a single character or multi-character game?

-snip-

The FAQ says single character but this pic shows what looks like a standard JRPG style party screen.

I've been wondering this too. Maybe it's still single character, but you can swap out the active character?

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

immortal flow posted:

The humour on Barkley / the kickstartet is a lot less like edgy internet humour and more... well it's hard to describe. Similar in some ways but far superior. How does one accurately describe styles of humour? We need a humourologist.

I believe it's called "mad ironies yo."

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

It's good to see Truckpump again! Truly he is the most important character in the Hoopz Barkley SaGa canon.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

epitasis posted:

By the way I searched out that "Homestuck" version of I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing and am killing myself now as a result so gently caress you, whoever that was.

You know it's supposed to be bad on purpose, right? It's an ironic cover.

rizuhbull posted:

I've been meaning to play the original. What's the least awkward control scheme for it?

I had movement bound to WASD, Action bound to Numpad 4, Cancel bound to Numpad 8, and the menu bound to Numpad +. Was comfortable for me.

Line Feed fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 14, 2012

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Congratulations on the $120k, Cboyardee. I'm really looking forward to this game, possibly even moreso than the other Kickstarter games that I've backed.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Take comfort that you are not alone, Cboyardee. You and the guy who did the writing for Portal can go drown your sorrows in an endless tide of alcohol and tears.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

I'd argue that the writing was good because they were so good at making all the characters play the silly setting completely straight whereas any other dev would be constantly nudging the player and saying "look at how wacky this setting is it's pretty wacky huh wink wink wink."

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

Absolutely, lets say a hypothetical game has 4 different player characters. One effortlessly slices through everything and the other three take an hour to kill every enemy. Theres no reason not to play as the first guy and it makes the game feel like it has a lot of wasted potential.

Sure there is. If I like the other characters more than Mr. Superstrong then of course I'll use one of the weaker characters.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Oh god that pixel art is so good. Serious props to your artist. Also I noticed you guys have some clipping issues in the PAX build?

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

NickPancakes posted:

http://tcrf.net/Proto:Barkley,_Shut_Up_And_Jam:_Gaiden

This comparison of the final version of Barkley vs the RPG Maker version in the vidcon pack is amazing.

quote:

The map that holds all of the maps for Proto Neo New York and Liberty Island has this lovely message.

Chef, that's disgusting! <:mad:>

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

panda clue posted:

holy poo poo this thread, I forgot this even existed. is this ever going to actually happen, or is it going to be just like 99% of all other kickstarters? Is the dude working on it even around anymore?

Gortarius sometimes posts videos of himself designing levels, and he has posts on this page right this very now. And just a few days ago they posted an update about balancing the game and also drooling over MS Excel. It's still happening.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

BiggerJ posted:

I wonder how bad the Duke Nukem Forever effect - where the game is judged not on its own merits but against ridiculously high expectations that have been built up over years and years - is going to be when the game comes out.

That implies people have expectations for this game :v:

I'm joking, of course. I have an irresponsible amount of faith in this group of basement goons.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

I can't handle that guy in the background with the fedora.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

HMS Boromir posted:

make it so some of the guns cannot be bred because they are gay

You could force them to breed against their will but that'd give you negative K.A.R.M.A. But how long can you cling to your morals in this hosed up world...

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

AEMINAL posted:

wasn't this gonna come out like 2 years ago lmao

where is it

what is happening

11/11/2023

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Just finished a second playthrough of Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa. I'm ready. Gimme the Barkley 2, Hisao.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

If B2 seriously comes out on the 11th I will drop Fallout 4 like a sack of bowling balls and play B2 instead.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Barkley 2 didn't come out, now I have to play corporate games like a loving chump. Truly the darkest hour.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

nopantsjack posted:

It would be nice to get a serious response on the state of the game and its potential future that wasn't "lol its not coming out/its going to be garbage".
It feels like everyone was laughing and joshing about it for years and then recently its started to wear thin and the smiles are brittle.

I don't want a refund or anything and I'm not going to start going on about your duty to my quids, I'd just like to know what is the state of the sequel to one of my favourite RPGs; beyond "we have finished brainstorming affixes" type minutia.

gently caress it, I'll wait either way but the ironic devposts and disconnected updates were only funny for so many years.

Here's some footage a guy took from a playable demo at this year's PAX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkb1xQQZmTQ

There was also a "Story" video that I haven't really watched much. It seems to me like they're making good progress, but I'm not on the team or anything so take that with a grain of salt I guess. :shrug:

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

I want Paper Barkley.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

I want to play Barkley 2.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

if enough people quote this post we can will the game into existence. belief is nearly as powerful as a chaos dunk.

Godspeed ToG

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

To be honest I knew they were being a bit overambitious when they announced the whole time passage schtick.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Remember when Barkley 2 was [Wow] and [Good]

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

why is he wearing a diaper

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

I want Barkley 2 to come out so this thread can die.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

I thought that Hiveswap was p neat. It's just short, and I can't help but feel like the other acts won't get finished.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Wow has it really been two whole years since we had that deluge of people suggesting unfunny weapon affixes

How the time flies

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

See you in like, a year and a half! Maybe longer! To see how ToG unravels this mess!

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

I'm going to play Barkley 2 some day.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

I'm a dumb naiive gently caress so I actually think this game is going to come out.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

I remember them saying they were going to release that Bball Tactics game on mobile, did they actually get around to doing that at some point? I want more garbage to put on my cellular telephone.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

They're too busy crafting this video game to bother responding to fake news.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

I need to pet that dog in order to survive in this terrible Barkleyless world.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Can we have an audio drama of the B2 kickstarter instead

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

This is what they get for trying to make an actual good game instead of just a shitpost in vidya form. Hopefully they'll apply this lesson to their upcoming Barkley 3 kickstarter.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Pouring a 40 on the curb for Bark 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Snarkley 2